[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Did anyone notice how unsmoothly our offense flowed?
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/18/2006  11:36 PM
Yes guys, its that time again. We almost won in spite of overall poor pging by our 2 guards. They combined for 9 TOs.

Is there any longer any doubt why Jamal is not our starting PG?

DJ, come out, come out, wherever you are!
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/18/2006  11:38 PM
I don't wanna leave out the fact the EC AND Frye totally sucked and we somehow managed to push them to OT. The bulls are a bad team, we should have beaten them easily.

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 01-18-2006 11:38 PM]
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/18/2006  11:38 PM
Marbury is the leader of this team. It's the first game he's ever missed in a game that was emotionally charged from the start. Of course the team was going to look like crap. gimme a break.

We missed Marbury? SHOCKER!
¿ △ ?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/18/2006  11:42 PM
yes, let's take a one game sample...the first time all year they played without marbury for more than a 5 minute stretch and consider it theory. btw, watch the first half again, nate played more point than crawford. but once nate went out with foul problems, we settled down. but i also noticed that we got it together and put together a late run to get back into it...with nothing but the young guys - frye, lee, nate, and jamal and AD leading them. tough game, tough loss.

btw, 19&8 is AWFULLY close to 20&8...

how about this one killa - we play WITH steph as the starting pg in toronto and get blown out.
but you notice how much tougher and more energetic we look WITHOUT steph down the stretch of these past two games.

so 3 games, 3 losses...but only one BLOWOUT...and that was WITH marbury. hmmmm.

is there any doubt why a $20 mil pg is not a difference maker?

[Edited by - djsunyc on 01-19-2006 12:09 AM]
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/18/2006  11:44 PM
I still think this team is really close to becoming pretty good.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
1/18/2006  11:45 PM
I would think that even people who aren't crazy about Marbury would have to acknowledge that he has the best point guard skills on this team. I like Crawford and Nate, but we really don't have a backup point guard.
https:// It's not so hard.
crzymdups
USA
1/18/2006  11:47 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

yes, let's take a one game sample...the first time all year they played without marbury for more than a 5 minute stretch and consider it theory. btw, watch the first half again, nate played more point than crawford. but once nate went out with foul problems, we settled down. but i also noticed that we got it together and put together a late run to get back into it...with nothing but the young guys - frye, lee, nate, and jamal and AD leading them. tough game, tough loss.

how about this one killa - we play WITH steph as the starting pg in toronto and get blown out.
but you notice how much tougher and more energetic we look WITHOUT steph down the stretch of these past two games.

You're going to blame Marbury for Toronto? Was he the one who shut down Nate? Was he guarding Jalen?

No way is this team better without Marbury. How about the way they played down the stretch against Cleveland, Seattle, Dallas, Phoenix and Atlanta? Was that energetic enough?
¿ △ ?
djsunyc
1/18/2006  11:48 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:

You're going to blame Marbury for Toronto? Was he the one who shut down Nate? Was he guarding Jalen?

No way is this team better without Marbury. How about the way they played down the stretch against Cleveland, Seattle, Dallas, Phoenix and Atlanta? Was that energetic enough?

actually, i blame you for the toronto loss...
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/18/2006  11:49 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:

Marbury wasn't passing enough in Toronto. I was at the game. He barely managed 13 assists

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 01-18-2006 11:49 PM]
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/18/2006  11:50 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:

Blame me; the Knicks never win when I attend
djsunyc
1/18/2006  11:51 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Yes guys, its that time again. We almost won in spite of overall poor pging by our 2 guards. They combined for 9 TOs.

Is there any longer any doubt why Jamal is not our starting PG?

DJ, come out, come out, wherever you are!

btw, i know you had this post typed up in another window just WAITING to hit "submit post" as the final buzzer sounded. too funny.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
1/18/2006  11:52 PM
I'm not sure how, but I'm sure this loss was Marbury's fault.
https:// It's not so hard.
crzymdups
USA
1/18/2006  11:53 PM
Bottom line, Marbury is obviously the best on the team at settling down the offense in a tight game and getting the ball to Curry, Frye and Lee.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/18/2006  11:55 PM
We missed Marbury tonight. no question about it. too many turnovers and wild shots. Marbury has the most experience playing PG and thats that. Marbury played well against toronto. That loss was on Nate and Crawford's perimeter D
djsunyc
1/18/2006  11:56 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Bottom line, Marbury is obviously the best on the team at settling down the offense in a tight game and getting the ball to Curry, Frye and Lee.

crzy, killa made this post in jest to get at me and all the other, as he would put it, "throw steph under the bus" club. my response was written in the manner of killa's original post.

but come to think of it, i blame you for this loss too...
crzymdups
USA
1/18/2006  11:59 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by crzymdups:

crzy, killa made this post in jest to get at me and all the other, as he would put it, "throw steph under the bus" club. my response was written in the manner of killa's original post.

but come to think of it, i blame you for this loss too...

I did tell Ariza to watch for the drive.... my bad...
¿ △ ?
MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
1/19/2006  12:11 AM
The Marbury Effect
We lost these games because of missed FTs and defense but the biggest reason was turnovers.
This is why I was feeling so nervous for losing marbury because nate & Craw play with so much fire sometimes they make some terribly senseless turnovers. Marbury was learning to lead us with his play and had really begun to figure things out. Our turnovers were slowly decreasing and finally reached single digits on monday. Today we had 22. A complete reversion. Marbs is our glue. The arguement some may present is that we still had a chance to win without him but this game could have been over during regulation if we could have limited these turnovers.
Check out these numbers. These are all the games we've played this year and look at how the turnovers we're beginning to come under control.
Opponent turnovers VS Knicks turnovers
Suns(3OT)...17- 22
Wizards.....11- 19
Sonics......12- 12
Cavaliers...12- 13
Mavs (OT)...13- 15
Hawks.......16- 15
Raptors ....11- 14
T-wolves....11 - 9

i wrote this in the game thread too..
crzymdups
USA
1/19/2006  12:15 AM
we're gonna lose to the Pistons no matter what, but I really fear Saturday's game without Marbury.
¿ △ ?
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/19/2006  1:54 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:

Blame me; the Knicks never win when I attend

If you had my special powers, maybe your fate would be a little more positive. We should meet up for coffee and I'll give you fake tips on how to make the Knicks win. I say fake b/c I'll never reveal my secrets. I am a basketball God.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
1/19/2006  4:52 PM
Alot of people on this board cannot grasp the difference between association and causality. Don't waste your breath(or fingers).
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:

Did anyone notice how unsmoothly our offense flowed?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy