[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Damn, this is absolutely wrong if true !!!
Author Thread
OngBok
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #894
Thailand
1/18/2006  1:43 PM

Book claims China bred Yao Ming for basketball

By InsideHoops.com | Jan. 18, 2006
A book by an experienced writer claims it was no accident Yao Ming became a basketball player; that the powers that be in China steadily pushed him and held him to that pursuit.

Operation Yao Ming, published by Penguin Group and written by Brook Larmer, a former Newsweek and Christian Science Monitor journalist, says that Chinese officials spent many years anticipating Yao Ming's birth, literally waiting for him to exist because of who his parents were. And from the moment he was born, the powers that be made sure he'd be big like his parents, and made him become a basketball player.

The book claims that Yao Ming's parents were forced to become basketball players because of their size, and they were strongly "encouraged" to marry each other so that their children would be big like they were.

Operation Yao Ming says that the parents didn't want Yao involved, but they couldn't really prevent it. Yao was forced to play basketball his entire life, given growth supplements to make him even bigger than he already was for his age, and raised to become a basketball player whether he liked it or not.

And apparently he didn't like it at all. Larmer writes that Yao wasn't good at basketball for much of his youth, hated playing it, but was made to keep going.

The book also discusses more about Yao's parents, the experiences another Chinese basketball player (Wang Zhizhi) went through, the process of getting Yao out of professional Chinese basketball so the NBA could draft him, various other basketball and political-related business dealings, and much more.

Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/18/2006  1:46 PM
Same thing happened with Jerome James.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/18/2006  1:47 PM
Posted by Marv:

Same thing happened with Jerome James.

so awesome...
¿ △ ?
OngBok
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #894
Thailand
1/18/2006  1:49 PM
Seriously ?? JJ went through the same thing ?? I would like to read the story !!
Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/18/2006  1:54 PM
hey where were those growth supplements when I was growing up! All we had were those "milk, it does the body good" commercials
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/18/2006  1:59 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

hey where were those growth supplements when I was growing up! All we had were those "milk, it does the body good" commercials

and "wonder bread"!
Marv
1/18/2006  2:00 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by gunsnewing:

and "wonder bread"!

Wheaties, man.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/18/2006  2:01 PM
also in the news:
from CNNN.com
--------------------
Reports surfacing that fishmike was genetically bred for sex. With horsesized man parts and an appetite for blonds, red headss, brunettes and... well, all of them, he was introduced into a NJ suburb with the purpose of shifting the ethnic balance in the favor of tall goofy Irish guys.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/18/2006  2:02 PM
Chinese GOVERNMENT (not people) is a crazy ideal!

I have read the same thing some time ago about Yao. Just that his parents were "hooked up" and encouraged. Nothing about growth suppliments. Would not suprise me.

Bunch of old men who think they are gods run that country. Crazy bunch of freaks! Then need to rid themselves of them, free Tibet, and leave Tiawan alone!
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
1/18/2006  2:06 PM
I ponder this question.

"If Yao weren't a pro basketball player, what exactly is it that you feel he could be doing?"

"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Marv
1/18/2006  2:07 PM
Posted by fishmike:

also in the news:
from CNNN.com
--------------------
Reports surfacing that fishmike was genetically bred for sex. With horsesized man parts and an appetite for blonds, red headss, brunettes and... well, all of them, he was introduced into a NJ suburb with the purpose of shifting the ethnic balance in the favor of tall goofy Irish guys.

That's a fact.

Here's a candid shot of Fishmike preparing to do his thing:

bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/18/2006  3:00 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by gunsnewing:

and "wonder bread"!

Wheaties, man.

Ovaltine. And hanging from the monkey-bars for hours in an attempt to stretch your body.

"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
Damn, this is absolutely wrong if true !!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy