[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

IF we're not going to get under the cap...how 's this deal(s)?
Author Thread
tomverve
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #878
1/18/2006  5:20 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Cuban's never been looking to dump contracts at the expense of winning.

Technically, you can view Cuban's passing up the chance to re-sign Nash as a kind of contract dump at the expense of winning. Cuban is more fiscally responsible than he used to be. But the reason he didn't re-up Nash was because of his age along with the length of the contract he was asking for. So maybe he wouldn't do a salary dump move if it meant trading away one of Dallas's best young players.

Miller would be nice, but no way West is going to trade him. West has had trouble acquiring talent in Memphis (theye often seem to be in the mix for talented players but never land the big trade). Now Memphis is one of the best teams in the west and Miller is a big part of that. His contract is pretty reasonable too. They're not trading him unless they get a better player.

Pietrus is probably attainable, given that GS has a number of bad contracts they should want to dump, they already have Richardson starting at SG, and they're locked into Dunleavy at SF (ugh).
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/18/2006  6:01 PM
Posted by tomverve:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Cuban's never been looking to dump contracts at the expense of winning.

Technically, you can view Cuban's passing up the chance to re-sign Nash as a kind of contract dump at the expense of winning.

I thought about that. But the at the same time he declinded on Nash, he gave Dampier more money than Nash was asking for. I don't think he was looking to cut payroll; I think he just grossly miscalcuated those two players' value. Also, choosing not to resign a player is not the same thing as giving up a very valuable player (e.g., Josh Howard) just to dump a contract (e.g., Dampier's). Cuban to my knowledge has never done the latter.
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
1/18/2006  6:37 PM
i don't really like miller that much- I'd much rather get battier who is a superb perimeter defender, an oversized 3, a smart player, and still a good three point shooter (about 43%).
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
IF we're not going to get under the cap...how 's this deal(s)?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy