[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Antonio Davis Trevor Ariza to Dallas (trade idea)
Author Thread
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/18/2006  4:49 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by BRIGGS:

People dont really use their noggin. Im not doing it for KVH, although I would insert him at starting SF for the rest of the year because we have none. Im doing it so we can get a nice asset for davis in the pick and an exchange of prospects.

What exactly are the Knicks getting Briggs. Their getting a project in Mmebega and a 1st round draft pick that will most likely be below #25. No thanks, you my friend are the one not using your head.

I'd agree; Getting the #25 pick just is not enough for a huge expiring contract. Isiah should be able to do much better and I will definitely criticize him if he doesn't get something better out of at least one of the two large expiring contracts.

i dont think its a bad idea, its not like we would be taking on more salary for that 1st round pick. even though it would probably be a 20+ pick, it would still be worth it to me. AD and ariza have no future as players in this franchise, why not try to get something for them before they just walk.
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/18/2006  4:52 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by BRIGGS:

People dont really use their noggin. Im not doing it for KVH, although I would insert him at starting SF for the rest of the year because we have none. Im doing it so we can get a nice asset for davis in the pick and an exchange of prospects.

What exactly are the Knicks getting Briggs. Their getting a project in Mmebega and a 1st round draft pick that will most likely be below #25. No thanks, you my friend are the one not using your head.

I'd agree; Getting the #25 pick just is not enough for a huge expiring contract. Isiah should be able to do much better and I will definitely criticize him if he doesn't get something better out of at least one of the two large expiring contracts.

i dont think its a bad idea, its not like we would be taking on more salary for that 1st round pick. even though it would probably be a 20+ pick, it would still be worth it to me. AD and ariza have no future as players in this franchise, why not try to get something for them before they just walk.

Definitely try to get something, but get A LOT more than the 25th pick. I've posted in many other threads players and trades I'd consider; I'm not gonna go into detail again here but it needs to be more than the 25th pick. I don't care if the trade above involves taking back no salary; it's obvious we're not trying to get under the cap.
jaydh
Member: #96
1/18/2006  4:55 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Definitely try to get something, but get A LOT more than the 25th pick. I've posted in many other threads players and trades I'd consider; I'm not gonna go into detail again here but it needs to be more than the 25th pick. I don't care if the trade above involves taking back no salary; it's obvious we're not trying to get under the cap.

the only way we'd get something better than that is if we took on a lot more salary.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/18/2006  4:59 PM
Those picks are expiring. Bank it.

Reezy is low now, but things change.

He might be traded or he might be Grant Hill.

Our payroll with tax is three times the cap!

Bonn1997
USA
1/18/2006  5:11 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by BRIGGS:

the only way we'd get something better than that is if we took on a lot more salary.

exactly; and that's never stopped the Knicks in the past

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 01-18-2006 5:14 PM]
BRIGGS
Member: #303
1/18/2006  5:11 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by BRIGGS:

do you consider the possibility that the NY Knicks CANNOT ADD material payroll next year? So getting a future 1 for a guy who will have NOTHING to do with what goes on here is a foolish thing? an extra 1 is a nice thing to have even if we never use it to draft anyone, right now we have no trade assets, we used them all.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
USA
1/18/2006  5:14 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by BRIGGS:

do you consider the possibility that the NY Knicks CANNOT ADD material payroll next year?

It's possible but there's no basis I'm aware of to suggest it's probable.
If your suggestion is accurate and the Knicks can't add payroll, then I'd consider this a good trade but I'd still see no reason for Dallas to do the trade for the reasons Nalod and Crzy mentioned. I just don't see AD as the useful player you do. I don't see him as the kind of player that can push a contending team over the top.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 01-18-2006 6:04 PM]
Seanc3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #920
USA
1/18/2006  6:25 PM
Briggs, you're better than that, you should know that as long as Steph is here there is no way that KVH puts on a Knicks jersey again.
Antonio Davis Trevor Ariza to Dallas (trade idea)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy