[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Antonio Davis Trevor Ariza to Dallas (trade idea)
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/18/2006  1:04 PM
for

KVH
Mgemba
a 2007#1 pick restricted to 10
cash to equla the trade $ wise
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/18/2006  1:06 PM
How does that help Dallas beat the Spurs this year?
BRIGGS
1/18/2006  1:09 PM
Posted by Nalod:

How does that help Dallas beat the Spurs this year?

Antonio Davis would surely help them. Hes the big physical PF they can use off the bench and he can still play. NY Knicks used to give up 1s all the time for 1-2 years of a player that might nudge them over the top. davis is a waste here, he still has value
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/18/2006  1:11 PM
I almost had a heart attack when I saw this! What are you trying to do to me, man.

I don't think Dallas would do this. It doesn't give them anything. Ariza's value has never been lower. Van Horn expires this year, as does AD so they don't save any money. Van Horn is a decent fit in their system, AD really makes no sense in their system.

Offer them AD for Erick Dampier and I think they would bite and give up a draft pick to clear that salary. But I would never take Dampier. At least not with James here.
¿ △ ?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/18/2006  1:14 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

I almost had a heart attack when I saw this! What are you trying to do to me, man.

I don't think Dallas would do this. It doesn't give them anything. Ariza's value has never been lower. Van Horn expires this year, as does AD so they don't save any money. Van Horn is a decent fit in their system, AD really makes no sense in their system.

Offer them AD for Erick Dampier and I think they would bite and give up a draft pick to clear that salary. But I would never take Dampier. At least not with James here.

I beg to differ. With a lame Duncan, AD could push Dallas to the brink of NBA finals. It's not about the system, it's about the 1 or 2 critical stops AD could put on a Western Big down the stretch or the 1 or 2 rebounds he would grab. That's all they need.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/18/2006  1:14 PM
but he loves working with the kids... that would be so sad.

Also Larry and Isiah promised to keep him around. That would be a scumbag move. Call it business all you want but it would be nice to attract a MLE free agent above the Vin Baker/JJ caliber.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
1/18/2006  1:15 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Like I said, we have something they need. They need a physical PF who can play tough defense,rebound off the bench. this is a way to do it without altering payroll
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/18/2006  1:16 PM
all that for Antonio Davis and Trevor Ariza who is Howard/Daniels ultralight? Van Horn has won them games and that draft pick is a lot more valuable. We might be able to get a 2nd round pick for Q or something like that
BRIGGS
1/18/2006  1:22 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

all that for Antonio Davis and Trevor Ariza who is Howard/Daniels ultralight? Van Horn has won them games and that draft pick is a lot more valuable. We might be able to get a 2nd round pick for Q or something like that

kVH scks. They have like 9 SFs. What they need is what antonio davis brings and whats good about davis is that he does not disrupt payroll going forward. ariza for mgemba is prospect for prospect. I think we could give him a little opportunity. the question to dallas is can antonio davis give them the little extra to get them over the top against SA, and the answer is its more than they have now. it could.
RIP Crushalot😞
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

1/18/2006  1:26 PM
I don't want no kvh
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/18/2006  1:28 PM
I read somewhere that in a book featuring Telfair, (marburys cousin) that Marbury was behind getting KVH traded from the Knicks in the first place. If this is true, no way KVH comes bak to NY
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/18/2006  1:30 PM
Don't want Keith Van Horn back on this team, yes the Knicks need shooting but KVH is just as big of a liability defensively as he is a good shooter. I don't see why Dallas would make this trade either, KVH just started to find a little bit of a role for them and cutting costs isn't something Cuban is going to do in the middle of a season where his team is contending.

No thankyou. NEXT!
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
BRIGGS
1/18/2006  1:34 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

Don't want Keith Van Horn back on this team, yes the Knicks need shooting but KVH is just as big of a liability defensively as he is a good shooter. I don't see why Dallas would make this trade either, KVH just started to find a little bit of a role for them and cutting costs isn't something Cuban is going to do in the middle of a season where his team is contending.

No thankyou. NEXT!

People dont really use their noggin. Im not doing it for KVH, although I would insert him at starting SF for the rest of the year because we have none. Im doing it so we can get a nice asset for davis in the pick and an exchange of prospects.
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
USA
1/18/2006  1:38 PM
I agree that it's looking like Ariza has no role here. I question whether he fits on Dallas either. I could see him fitting in Denver as a defensive SG.
¿ △ ?
OngBok
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #894
Thailand
1/18/2006  1:39 PM
Yes !!! The return of KVH !!! Yes !! Now if H2O can come out of retirement !! We can reunite the SUNSHINE BOYS !!!
Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/18/2006  1:42 PM
it's not worth it for the Knicks. We're better off letting AD expire if that's the best we can do. The Dallas pick wouldn't even see the light od day on the Knicks. We don't need anymore late 1st round projects. But we could use some cap flexibility and at least a late lotto pick
crzymdups
USA
1/18/2006  1:49 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by crzymdups:

I beg to differ. With a lame Duncan, AD could push Dallas to the brink of NBA finals. It's not about the system, it's about the 1 or 2 critical stops AD could put on a Western Big down the stretch or the 1 or 2 rebounds he would grab. That's all they need.

I think Phoenix might have something to say about that...
¿ △ ?
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/18/2006  3:12 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

People dont really use their noggin. Im not doing it for KVH, although I would insert him at starting SF for the rest of the year because we have none. Im doing it so we can get a nice asset for davis in the pick and an exchange of prospects.

What exactly are the Knicks getting Briggs. Their getting a project in Mmebega and a 1st round draft pick that will most likely be below #25. No thanks, you my friend are the one not using your head. Second of all, why on Earth would the Mavs do this? Not every team in the NBA is out to make the Knicks better, much to your chagrin.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
1/18/2006  3:16 PM
Posted by OngBok:

Yes !!! The return of KVH !!! Yes !! Now if H2O can come out of retirement !! We can reunite the SUNSHINE BOYS !!!

hahahahahahahahahaha.

If this were professional wrestling, KVH and H20 would still be World Tag team Champions.

In the spirit of the Rock-n-Roll Express.

hahahahahahaha.

"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/18/2006  4:43 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by BRIGGS:

What exactly are the Knicks getting Briggs. Their getting a project in Mmebega and a 1st round draft pick that will most likely be below #25. No thanks, you my friend are the one not using your head.

I'd agree; Getting the #25 pick just is not enough for a huge expiring contract. Isiah should be able to do much better and I will definitely criticize him if he doesn't get something better out of at least one of the two large expiring contracts.
Antonio Davis Trevor Ariza to Dallas (trade idea)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy