[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Can someone post the Sheridan Insider article, about whether Curry was worth it?
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/18/2006  1:01 PM
Posted by fishmike:

^^ we have too. Its hard to be excited about the MLE prospects that may be available.

Also Ernie and Dave traded picks when they were were in the dreaded "one player away" mode. They had Ewing and division titles every year. Isiah has a .400 winning % and the worst payroll in pro sports.

I think Ernie made good trades, the LJ trade and the Camby trade were both excellent, but his use of the draft was awful and his free agent signings were questionable (Childs). Houston was a good move which Layden turned into a bad move.

I'm not sure how many Knicks teams were actually one player away. The 94 squad, definitely, but that was during the Jordan window. Would the Knicks really have ever gotten by Jordan with one more player? Depends on the player, I guess.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/18/2006  1:05 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by fishmike:

^^ we have too. Its hard to be excited about the MLE prospects that may be available.

Also Ernie and Dave traded picks when they were were in the dreaded "one player away" mode. They had Ewing and division titles every year. Isiah has a .400 winning % and the worst payroll in pro sports.

I think Ernie made good trades, the LJ trade and the Camby trade were both excellent, but his use of the draft was awful and his free agent signings were questionable (Childs). Houston was a good move which Layden turned into a bad move.

I'm not sure how many Knicks teams were actually one player away. The 94 squad, definitely, but that was during the Jordan window. Would the Knicks really have ever gotten by Jordan with one more player? Depends on the player, I guess.

Checketts signed Allan. Layden made good on a handshake promise that he would be top 10 paid if he opted out.

Jeff does not go to finals, layden never becomes GM. Maybe Phil Jax would have coached here?

Never know.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/18/2006  1:17 PM
they got a lot of good players that just didnt work out like Blackman and Charles Smith. They also dug up Mason and Starks so give them credit there. Considering how close the KNicks did get every year their philosophy was not so far off. I think most of the moves they made over the years were pretty good.

I'm also 100% sure they NEVER traded away lottery picks.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/18/2006  2:00 PM
Posted by fishmike:

most of its fair. If you dont think we built this franchise around Marbury and Curry your not looking:
2004 #1, 2006 #1, 2007 right to switch, future #1 unprotected by 2010, #2 2007 and #2 2009.

All that from a GM who's best skill is the draft.

It's built around Marbury, Curry, and FRYE, who will need good role players surrounding them. Lee and Nate are a good start.
fishmike
USA
1/18/2006  2:03 PM
just like a year ago it was built around Ariza, Sweetney, Butler and all the other promising YOUNG players.

Lets see Frye survive the trading deadline first. It will be hard to resist Theo Ratliff and Kenny Thomas when all we are giving up is a the 8th pick in the draft.
Bonn1997
USA
1/18/2006  2:06 PM
What's your point? That the young players it's built around now (Curry and Frye) are a huge upgrade in promise from last year?
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/18/2006  2:08 PM
Posted by fishmike:

just like a year ago it was built around Ariza, Sweetney, Butler and all the other promising YOUNG players.

Lets see Frye survive the trading deadline first. It will be hard to resist Theo Ratliff and Kenny Thomas when all we are giving up is a the 8th pick in the draft.

It's natural for fans of bad teams to pump up their young players, but when was the last time our young players (Curry and Frye) were both averaging 15ppg and in the top four in our team in scoring and leading our team in rebounding? These are real young talents. Adding Curry is the equivalent of the Pacers adding Jermaine O'neal.

It's scary when you think about how good Frye and Curry can be. the only time I got scared when I thought about Sweetney was when I thought about what he was gonna do to the next box of donuts that got in his way. That's a big difference.
¿ △ ?
fishmike
USA
1/18/2006  3:37 PM
crzy... nobody hopes your more right than me. This franchise and especially this current GM hasnt shown any patience, so I will reserve my enthusiasm for something tangible, like actual good BB being played that translates into wins. We had 6 in a row, lets avoid following it with 4 in row on the other end.
Bonn1997
USA
1/18/2006  4:47 PM
this franchise and especially this current GM hasnt shown any patience
You can't be serious. Isiah didn't use trade assets to get developed players with no upside who could push the team to the 1st round. He used them to get 22 year olds (Curry) and 1st rd picks who would take a long time to develop. He's turned down trades where we'd give up players whose development would take patience for players who are ready to contribute now (e.g., Ron Artest). Maybe the JJ signing was impatience or just poor judgment but the whole body of work and the patience Isiah's shown with the young players is more important than one MLE signing.
Can someone post the Sheridan Insider article, about whether Curry was worth it?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy