[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ward going no where for now
Author Thread
XMAN007
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #60
8/20/2001  12:04 PM
We've been hearing a lot of rumors that Ward is going to be traded for this person or that person, but he is very difficult to trade. He only made matters worse by making stupid comments to accompany his bum knee. He makes a lot of doe for a back up. Doesn't drive well. Even though Rice was old and injury prone he played 70 games last year. He is also a former dominating all-star n Houston is in dier need of an outside shot. They also didn't want to pay so much cash for a back up. Only we would pay a back up like Anderson that kind of doe. Hopefully he will be shipped out b/4 training camp.
Come strong or not at all!
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/20/2001  2:56 PM
Though Ward's knees, religeous comments, and kicker do made him difficult to trade, he still is tradeable. Solid point guards are hard to come by and no matter what you said about him, you still have to realize that he plays smart and gets the job done. Every team needs two good point guards and a lot only have one. Because of this, new york will be able to trade him sooner or later.

As of right now, the Clipps, Bulls, Warriors, Heat, Magic, Hawks, Nets, and Jazz are just some of the teams who are looking for a good point guard just like Ward. That gives us a lot of options and odds are he won't be wearing a knicks jersey come training camp. We're not asking for much, just a center who can grab a few rebounds and take up space for 10 minutes a game. This is why he will be traded.
Dano
Member: #69
8/20/2001  4:24 PM
Ward is one of the top backup point guards in the NBA.

Id like to see him get traded for Brad Miller or even Olowakandi.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/20/2001  6:33 PM
At this point I'm just hoping Ward is traded before training camp start so that Jackson and Eisley can get in to a good flow running the Knicks' offense. A big man would be nice, but a second round draft pick or someone at the end of a contract would suffice. Anything that wouldn't take practice minutes or rotation time away from Eisley.

This is strange: why isn't anyone talking about trading Jackson? He may be a few years older, but all things considered, he gives you about the same play on the court as Ward, has one fewer year on his contract and has a much more tradeable contract. Thoughts?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/20/2001  9:33 PM
I just don't see Eisley a proven starter and thats why we should keep Jax. Eisley is probably more talented and will prove that he is better then Jackson in time, but not right now. Ward is the odd man out and we need to trade him for something decent.
GucciKnick8
Member: #17
USA
8/20/2001  9:58 PM
I am all for trading Jackson. Despite Ward's comments, he is a very good backup point guard. Mark Jackson is a pure liability! I don't care how much he works out this summer, younger point guards are still going to breakdown their defense blowing right by him. Howard is not a very good defender either. I would hate to trade Ward and be left with Jackson and Eisley.
"You never know here in New York, stuff can happen on any given day," - - -Marcus Camby23
Ward going no where for now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy