Croshere

Bulls get:
Lee
Penny
1st rd pick from Spurs

Knicks get:
Chandler
Another player
Bulls 1st rd pick (bulls own our pick so we will flip flop. Bulls will be in the lottery also)

Knicks new lineup

Curry 23
Chandler 23
Artest 26
Craw 25
Marbury 28

This team is much better defensively, offensively, and it still young. And the Knikcs will be back in the lottery this year in a deep draft and can ick up a shooting guard (Brewer or Carney)
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
AUTOADVERT
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

1/19/2006  10:52 PM
Chandler used to be NASTY he is having a horirble year but he was sooooo nasty he reminded me of camby last year and theyar b4...... i still want artest...
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/19/2006  11:01 PM
He was nasty because he had Curry at his side. Tyson is a supporting player not a lead actor. Give him a big man like Curry at his side and you'll see the Chandler of last year
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/20/2006  8:48 AM
Chandler was averaging 8 pts. 9.7 rebounds & 1.8 blks last year w/Curry at his side... is that really nasty enough to justify his contract? i would expect his numbers to go UP once Curry left because he's getting more touches, but that's not been the case... he's lost his starting job to Othella Harrington for God's sakes... please, let's calm down on this kid... he's got big potential, but so did alot of other bigmen w/talent that never really lived up to their hype... until he proves he's worthy of big money, i'd stay away, & there's NO WAY i give up a player of Channing Frye's DEMONSTRATED talent & shooting ability for a potential bust, i'm sorry... Ron Artest is a powderkeg in his own right... that's way too risky to give up your future franchise star.

[Edited by - TMS on 01-20-2006 08:49 AM]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
bigbeast

1/20/2006  10:31 AM
Posted by TMS:

Chandler was averaging 8 pts. 9.7 rebounds & 1.8 blks last year w/Curry at his side... is that really nasty enough to justify his contract? i would expect his numbers to go UP once Curry left because he's getting more touches, but that's not been the case... he's lost his starting job to Othella Harrington for God's sakes... please, let's calm down on this kid... he's got big potential, but so did alot of other bigmen w/talent that never really lived up to their hype... until he proves he's worthy of big money, i'd stay away, & there's NO WAY i give up a player of Channing Frye's DEMONSTRATED talent & shooting ability for a potential bust, i'm sorry... Ron Artest is a powderkeg in his own right... that's way too risky to give up your future franchise star.

[Edited by - TMS on 01-20-2006 08:49 AM]

If anything, Chandler is getting fewer touches this year. Have you watched the Bulls this year. Skiles runs everything for the perimeter players. Sweetney is not even getting much touches. I've seen sweetney score 3-4 baskets in a row then get yanked and not return for a while.

Chandlers value can only be recognized ona good team. Case and point

Remember how many big plays Malik Rose used to make for the Spurs. Well, he makes the same plays with the Knicks but it doesn't stand out as much because the Knicks have been so bad. Rose like Chandler is the type of player that will get a key offensive rebound, a key deflection, a timely blocked shot or changed shot, an offensive tip in. Rose does these things now but it has zero effect when the Knicks are down by 15. When rose was on the Spurs in a playoff game, that deflection, offensive rebound, or offensive put back looked ten times better because it was done in a close playoff game and probably helped the Spurs win the game.

Im not saying Chandler is better than Frye. All I'm saying is the way Chandler played last year when he had Curry at his side is the type of hustle player you need to win. Curry and Frye together is not working because both are slow footed defensive players. Neither has each others back. How many times did you see Curry and Frye arguing with each other over missed assignments defensively against the Pistons?

As far as Chandlers contract, of course he's overpaid, but who isn't? Marbury is a career 20 and 8 which are hall of fame numbers but he's overpaid too.

And the jury is still out that frye will be a franchise star. I think he'll be good, but I don't know about franchise star.
bigbeast

1/20/2006  6:02 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

The reason why Chandler doesn't look as good this year as he did last year is because he's not a lead actor so to speak. He's a supporting actor. Last year when Curry was at his side, he was really good in his role. He grabbed about 9 rebs per, blocked almost 2 shots and made alot of clutch hustle plays.

This year he's on an island by himself. He's just not a big time scorer, but what he is, is a glue type of player. He completes a TEAM because he does all the dirty work. I think he needs a new environment.

I guess nobody sees what I see, but this lineup
Curry
Chandler
Artest
Craw
Marbury
Richardson
Can compete with anyone except the pistons, in the watered down east. The nets would have no answers for Curry or Artest. And artest will give Vince loads of problems.

The pacers would be weakened just for giving up Artest and Shaq is literally on his last legs.

There isn't any other alternative. Rashard Lewis is a pipe-dream, and Harrington is too good to except the MLE. Atkins, Watson and James will make the Knicks a little bit better but I thought the idea was to put together a championship calliber team. Atrest is a championship calliber talent, but it is unsure whether he has a championship calliber mentality (By the Way, Rodman has 5 rings).

Knicks have zero assets. No draft picks to improve and no money under the cap to lure in top freeagant talent (by the way, Artest is better than any free agent the knicks could sign anyway) We could sit ans wait and hope that Frye and Lee develop. IF they do develop, by that time Marbury will be about 32 yrs old. Then the Knicks will be in the market for a pg. This wont be easy when you realize the Suns own our pick in 2010. What if Frye doesn't develop into a big time PF? What if he's just a jump shooter? Its scary seeing Frye go into post because he looks so small. The D swallows him up. He nees to add at least 15-20 pounds of muscle easy.

Maybe I'm just blind, but the team I'm suggesting is doable. Getting harrington and or Lewis doesn't seem like it is. Plus, Artest is better than both of them anyway.

Larry Brown took a the 94 pacer team to the eastern conference finals
Workman
Miller
McKey
Dale Davis
Smits
Miller was an allstar and Smits was boarderline. The rest of the guys were average with Workman being a little below average. If Larry can work wonders with that team you don't think he can figure out a way to take Curry, Chandler, artest, CRaw, Marbury, Q-Rich to an eastern conference final and maybe beyond in a more watered down eastern conference? That is a TEAM, not individual talent. Chandler and artest are glue type players. They make all the hustle plays. Artest can even give you 19-20 pts per. Q-Rich, Artest, And Marbury at the 1-2-3 would probably be the strongest (stregnth-wise) perimeter in the NBA. Artest presence makes Craw and -Q-rich better players. Now, craw would be a 4th option. How many teams would have a better 4th option than Craw or Q-rich. (Artest would be first opt, Marb 2nd and Curry 3rd)

Look, I don't want it to seem as though I'm giving up on Frye and Lee, I think they have a chance to be good players but, we have zero assets. Its gonna be hard to surround them with better players with no picks and no money.

[Edited by - bigbeast on 01-19-2006 10:37 AM]

Get Artest....then go get Chandler

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy