[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Get Artest....then go get Chandler
Author Thread
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/17/2006  3:54 PM
In order to get Artest, Knicks might have to give up Frye. I wouldn't want to do it but you have to give quality to get quality so yuou may have to give up Frye.

Once I got Artest, I would go after Chandler for the Bulls. He's on the outs with Skiles and he just signed a contract that the Bulls are regretting.

For the life of me, I look at his potential, his athletic ability and size and can't figure out why this guy isn't doing more. Aguirre killed the Bulls for underdeveloping Curry and I'm sure its the same situation with Chandler. The guy is 7'1, 240 and has a similar build to David Robinson. He's as quick as a SF, can guard the Bosh's and Garnett's of the world, is a very good rebounder, help defender/shot=blocker, and I'm sure he has some untapped offensive potential that Aguirre can help with.

Curry
Chandler
Artest
Craw
Marbury

That would be a TREMENDOUS defensive frontline. That front line looks better than what Knicks have now and Chandler is only 23. After Aguirre works with Chandler, there no reason why that guy with that much potential can't put up a bunch opf double doubles
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/17/2006  4:00 PM
We're not trading Frye and there's already a thread about this. Isiah has said he isn't interested in Artest or giving up the kids and Isiah is a guy who rarely hides his agenda (aka everyone knew he was going after Curry, everyone knew he was going after Brown, everyone knew he was drafting Frye) - if he says he isn't going after Artest, given his history, we should believe him.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/17/2006  7:21 PM
chandler has been a bust of monumenetal proportions. they would give him away right now, IMHO. But they are on the hook for 60 large+
RIP Crushalot😞
bigbeast

1/17/2006  7:51 PM
Briggs- Don't you think this guy has waaay more potential than he's showing. The guy is 7'1, can run like a SF, rebounds very well, because of his quick feet, should be a good help defender, and has the size and sthletic ability to a much better offensive player.

Aguirre is on record twice saying that Curry wasn't developed un the tutaledge of Skiles (who was a pg) and his coaching staff. Don't you think the same can be said about Chandler? Theres no reason that Chandler shouldn't be able to average 12 and 9, at the very least.

A line up of

Curry
Chandler
Artest
Craw
Marb
matches up pretty well with the Pistons. Marbury has just as much physical ability as Billups. Artest always abuses the pistons, Chandler has the size and quicks to give Sheed some problems and as good a defender as Ben is, he would have a hard time contatining Curry.

I know most are against trading Frye and Lee, but they are the ony assessts we have. Knicks have no picks to give, and a bunch of horrible contracts.
I see people on here saying they want Artest but don't want to give up Frye. Donnie Walsh is no fool. He's not trading Artest for Ad, and Q. Its not happening.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/17/2006  7:57 PM
bigbeast, I respect your opinion and you may well turn out to be right and I may be wrong . . . but I doubt it !! IMO Chandler is a bum, and a terminal one at that. He ain't never averaging any 12 points per game. Have you watched the guy?
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/17/2006  9:54 PM
Posted by Marv:

IMO Chandler is a bum, and a terminal one at that. He ain't never averaging any 12 points per game. Have you watched the guy?
My opinion too. Also a big problem is that he is injury prone. Not as much this year but he has a history. He is a poor mans Camby. Not worth it.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
bigbeast

1/17/2006  11:02 PM
I've watched more last year with Curry than this year. The few times I saw him, he never touched the ball on Offense. Skiles runs nothing for him. As long as he's playing for Skiles, he'll never develop. Skiles seems to run most of his stuff for the perimeter players. In the right situation, under the right tutelage, he can be a pretty good player I think.

Look how long it took for Camby and Ben Wallace to develop.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/17/2006  11:02 PM
Artest is like the cute gay guy that all the girls want to try to rehab.

He is what he is. A unreliable teammate!

He cracks under pressure. Nice guy, fierce competiter, needs meds.

Chandler? Sure, we need all of the bulls defective rejects at less than extortioinate prices. Too bad E-Rob did not work out. Add E-Rob and Jay "PoleCat" Williams and you can have a whole defect Bulls five on the court!

Craw
Artest/E-Rob
Chandler
Curry
Williams
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/17/2006  11:03 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Marv:

IMO Chandler is a bum, and a terminal one at that. He ain't never averaging any 12 points per game. Have you watched the guy?
My opinion too. Also a big problem is that he is injury prone. Not as much this year but he has a history. He is a poor mans Camby. Not worth it.

A poor mans camby, and a rich mans Loren Woods.

To be fair, he's had some pulminary problems.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/17/2006  11:18 PM
I'd take Chandler off their cap but they'd have to give us young players and/or picks
bigbeast

1/17/2006  11:25 PM
Keep in mind, Curry and Chandler were the anchor of a very good defensive team last year that not only went to the playoffs but if they had Curry, may have made it to the second round.
Travla
Member: #723
USA
1/18/2006  1:26 AM
bigbeast, you're right, Chandler hasn't developed because the Bulls coaches haven't worked with him properly and he has no plays run for him. Guys it's almost like playing street ball, if you're the guy that is new to the court/neighborhood, they might pick you to be on the team but you won't get the ball very much!!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
bigbeast

1/19/2006  10:28 AM
The reason why Chandler doesn't look as good this year as he did last year is because he's not a lead actor so to speak. He's a supporting actor. Last year when Curry was at his side, he was really good in his role. He grabbed about 9 rebs per, blocked almost 2 shots and made alot of clutch hustle plays.

This year he's on an island by himself. He's just not a big time scorer, but what he is, is a glue type of player. He completes a TEAM because he does all the dirty work. I think he needs a new environment.

I guess nobody sees what I see, but this lineup
Curry
Chandler
Artest
Craw
Marbury
Richardson
Can compete with anyone except the pistons, in the watered down east. The nets would have no answers for Curry or Artest. And artest will give Vince loads of problems.

The pacers would be weakened just for giving up Artest and Shaq is literally on his last legs.

There isn't any other alternative. Rashard Lewis is a pipe-dream, and Harrington is too good to except the MLE. Atkins, Watson and James will make the Knicks a little bit better but I thought the idea was to put together a championship calliber team. Atrest is a championship calliber talent, but it is unsure whether he has a championship calliber mentality (By the Way, Rodman has 5 rings).

Knicks have zero assets. No draft picks to improve and no money under the cap to lure in top freeagant talent (by the way, Artest is better than any free agent the knicks could sign anyway) We could sit ans wait and hope that Frye and Lee develop. IF they do develop, by that time Marbury will be about 32 yrs old. Then the Knicks will be in the market for a pg. This wont be easy when you realize the Suns own our pick in 2010. What if Frye doesn't develop into a big time PF? What if he's just a jump shooter? Its scary seeing Frye go into post because he looks so small. The D swallows him up. He nees to add at least 15-20 pounds of muscle easy.

Maybe I'm just blind, but the team I'm suggesting is doable. Getting harrington and or Lewis doesn't seem like it is. Plus, Artest is better than both of them anyway.

Larry Brown took a the 94 pacer team to the eastern conference finals
Workman
Miller
McKey
Dale Davis
Smits
Miller was an allstar and Smits was boarderline. The rest of the guys were average with Workman being a little below average. If Larry can work wonders with that team you don't think he can figure out a way to take Curry, Chandler, artest, CRaw, Marbury, Q-Rich to an eastern conference final and maybe beyond in a more watered down eastern conference? That is a TEAM, not individual talent. Chandler and artest are glue type players. They make all the hustle plays. Artest can even give you 19-20 pts per. Q-Rich, Artest, And Marbury at the 1-2-3 would probably be the strongest (stregnth-wise) perimeter in the NBA. Artest presence makes Craw and -Q-rich better players. Now, craw would be a 4th option. How many teams would have a better 4th option than Craw or Q-rich. (Artest would be first opt, Marb 2nd and Curry 3rd)

Look, I don't want it to seem as though I'm giving up on Frye and Lee, I think they have a chance to be good players but, we have zero assets. Its gonna be hard to surround them with better players with no picks and no money.

[Edited by - bigbeast on 01-19-2006 10:37 AM]
Marv
1/19/2006  10:32 AM
Posted by bigbeast:

(By the Way, Rodman has 4 rings).

5!

(Apologies for the snit )
Marv
1/19/2006  10:44 AM
bigbeast, that's a good post. I get your logic. My view goes the other way, though. To me, Chandler is a back-up center who's gonna command big bucks because he'll always present this 'potential" and IMO never fulfill it. His version of "glue" should be purchased at the MLE IMO but I think he's gonna get Eddy-like money from some sucker.

Artest IMO is gonna totally screw up whatever team he ends up on. I think you're really underrating how negative an effect he's had on the Indiana franchise. It's now like what Roy Tarpley did to Dallas. You refer to Rodman but he had the stability to be a major contributor on 5 championship teams. Artest has done nothing but fold when his team has needed him. I'm glad to see Walsh finally wise up and stop catering to him. Plus I also do believe that trades between Bird and Isiah will not happen.

AND . . . . . I think you're selling Frye and Lee's futures short.
bigbeast

1/19/2006  1:09 PM
I think Frye has a chance to be a really good player in this league. But the key word is "chance". Lee, IMO, will be a very good role player at best. An Anthony Mason type of player. Rebound, handle it a little and pass. but again, this is potential. Its a possibility they will never develop into elite players. Just like theres a chance Artest may become a model citizen once he;s back home in Ny. He has 2 yrs left on his deal and most players are well behaved when there up for a contract. Artest knows this will be his last shot.

Layden and Isiah have backed the Knicks into a corner finacially. In order to improve, they need to come out swinging and take major chances and hope they work out. He traded for Curry with supposed heart problems, traded for Q with back problems, traded for Marbury with questionable character problems, so why not trade for Artest who has possible mental problems? What else can the Knicks do to imrpove? The have no choice at this point but to take major risks. Or we can sit an hope that Frye turns into the next Duncan. Anmd hope that somehow Nate can get a hold of those growth pills they were feeding to Yao and grow about 6 or seven inches.
kNYks342
Member: #466
1/19/2006  8:34 PM
what about jerome james for tyson chandler?.....think they would bite...i'll give em ad back too or malik...
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/19/2006  9:08 PM
For the life of me, I look at his potential, his athletic ability and size and can't figure out why this guy isn't doing more.

can you say Michael Olowakandi? Tim Thomas? you're willing to give up our most promising young bigman since Patrick Ewing & replace him w/Tyson Chandler, he of the obscene contract & underperforming skills?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
bigbeast

1/19/2006  9:18 PM
No! I'[m gonna replace him with Artest and Chandler. Artest easily replaces Fryes scoring and then some. Chandler adds rebounding, shot blocking, hustle plays and length up front
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/19/2006  9:23 PM
& who do you give up for Chandler? u think Chicago's just going to take Penny's expiring contract for him?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Get Artest....then go get Chandler

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy