[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mike James targeting New York?
Author Thread
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/17/2006  1:29 AM
Newsday - Back spasms prevented Mike James from playing against the Knicks yesterday, but there's a possibility he could be playing for them next season if he opts out of the last year of his current contract and is available for the midlevel exception.

"My only focus is getting my back right because if I don't do that, no one will want me," James said yesterday when asked if he would consider signing with the Knicks. "But it would be great to play at home. It would be great to play in front of my family every night. But right now, I'm a Raptor, and I enjoy being a Raptor."

James was a favorite of Knicks coach Larry Brown when they won an NBA title together in 2004 with Detroit. Brown said the Pistons wanted to keep James, but he got a better deal as a free agent from Milwaukee last season before the Bucks traded him to Houston.

"He was really missed last year [in Detroit]," Brown said.
AUTOADVERT
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/17/2006  11:36 AM
Knicks don't need James. The backcourt is small enough. Marbury 6'1, Nate 5'9 and Craw 6'5, 39lbs. James is 6'1. Dont need him. Need a 6'6 legit shooting guard who can actually shoot.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/17/2006  11:41 AM
Posted by bigbeast:

Knicks don't need James. The backcourt is small enough. Marbury 6'1, Nate 5'9 and Craw 6'5, 39lbs. James is 6'1. Dont need him. Need a 6'6 legit shooting guard who can actually shoot.

and penetrate and not be phased by contact and actually finish inside. But I'd settle for a anyone who can hit an open shot and defend
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/17/2006  12:34 PM
Penny for Jalen and Mike James works under the new 25% trade rules. If Marbury is out for any extended time, now or ever, this team is in trouble and James is good insurance for that.

Also, there doesn't appear to be much out there for the expiring deals this season, maybe having Jalen's expiring deal available next season would be a better trade chip.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
1/17/2006  12:38 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Penny for Jalen and Mike James works under the new 25% trade rules. If Marbury is out for any extended time, now or ever, this team is in trouble and James is good insurance for that.

Also, there doesn't appear to be much out there for the expiring deals this season, maybe having Jalen's expiring deal available next season would be a better trade chip.

you don't want to wait it out and see if we can get Ron Artest. we might need Penny to make it happen. Adding Artest & James would be huge. Adding the 33yr old Jalen won't help much
crzymdups
USA
1/17/2006  12:43 PM
I believe that Isiah truly doesn't want the headache of Artest. We have a good foundation, trading for Artest, even if it doesn't cost you Frye risks everything he has built so far. Trading for Artest would be the biggest gamble Isiah ever made and I don't think any of us should think it would work. Artest in New York would be a nightmare on several fronts. This team likes each other right now and with Artest in the mix that chemistry would be gone. Everyone in Indiana hates him and he is a focal point on any team he's on because of his talent.

Talent-wise, of course it's a huge upgrade, but there's also a reason no one around the league has made a great offer for Artest yet. It's a huge gamble and Artest seems like he's ready to go crazy as soon as he gets back on the court.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
1/17/2006  12:47 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

I believe that Isiah truly doesn't want the headache of Artest. We have a good foundation, trading for Artest, even if it doesn't cost you Frye risks everything he has built so far. Trading for Artest would be the biggest gamble Isiah ever made and I don't think any of us should think it would work. Artest in New York would be a nightmare on several fronts. This team likes each other right now and with Artest in the mix that chemistry would be gone. Everyone in Indiana hates him and he is a focal point on any team he's on because of his talent.

Talent-wise, of course it's a huge upgrade, but there's also a reason no one around the league has made a great offer for Artest yet. It's a huge gamble and Artest seems like he's ready to go crazy as soon as he gets back on the court.

you're so right about that but I would still take the chance because of our cap situation and lack of high draft picks and how we're not going to be a serious contender for a lonnnng time
crzymdups
USA
1/17/2006  12:49 PM
the expiring contracts can be very valuable. I also don't think we'll be swapping picks with the Bulls in 07. I think we'll be better than them.

The reason I would consider the Jalen trade is it basically gives Isiah another year to find a deal with the an expiring contract. Next year, Mo T and Jalen would be expiring deals. I know it's a lot of money to take on for Mike James, but I think Jalen can help and it's not adding too much money for this year.
¿ △ ?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/17/2006  2:13 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Crzy I think you're right. The last year Isiah coached Artest was the year he was setting records for techs and suspensions, kicking TV sets, busting cameras, shoving Riley on the sidelines, losing focus all the time. I think Isiah gave him too long of a leash but I also think he had about enough of him.
gunsnewing
USA
1/17/2006  2:26 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by crzymdups:

Crzy I think you're right. The last year Isiah coached Artest was the year he was setting records for techs and suspensions, kicking TV sets, busting cameras, shoving Riley on the sidelines, losing focus all the time. I think Isiah gave him too long of a leash but I also think he had about enough of him.

maybe Larry gets the best out of him on the court and personally
bigbeast

1/17/2006  3:11 PM
Artest knows this is his last chance, so I think he'll be fine. He'll be a freeagent in 2 years and guys are usually on there best behavior when a new contract is forth coming
gunsnewing
USA
1/17/2006  3:26 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

Artest knows this is his last chance, so I think he'll be fine. He'll be a freeagent in 2 years and guys are usually on there best behavior when a new contract is forth coming

exactly I'll deal with the shenanigans if we have to for 2yrs. better than being mediocre for 10yrs
bigbeast

1/17/2006  3:34 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by bigbeast:

exactly I'll deal with the shenanigans if we have to for 2yrs. better than being mediocre for 10yrs

Guns- let me ask you- would you include Frye ina package to get artest becaue thats probably what it would take. Personally, I wouldn't want to do it but might have to. You have to give quality to get quality.

But if Knicks moved Frye, for Artest, my next move would be to go after Chandler from the Bulls. he's on the outs right now and and he signed a contract that the Bulls are regretting. I'd consider moving Lee for him.

Check this lineup

Curry
Chandler
Artest
Craw
Marbury

I know it looks like the Bulls lineup but this would be a TREMNEDOUS defensive team. Not only would Chandler add shot-blocking, great help D and length to guard the likes of Bosh, Garnett etc, but I think there is some untapped offensive potential there. Aguirre has killed the Bulls twice for the underdevelopment of Curry. Chandler has similar athletic attributes that David Robinson possessed. Quick Feet (like a sf), shot blocking, timing
extremely athletic.

I would have to think long and hard about those moves
Marv
1/17/2006  3:39 PM
Posted by bigbeast:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by bigbeast:

Guns- let me ask you- would you include Frye ina package to get artest becaue thats probably what it would take. Personally, I wouldn't want to do it but might have to. You have to give quality to get quality.

But if Knicks moved Frye, for Artest, my next move would be to go after Chandler from the Bulls. he's on the outs right now and and he signed a contract that the Bulls are regretting. I'd consider moving Lee for him.

Check this lineup

Curry
Chandler
Artest
Craw
Marbury

I know it looks like the Bulls lineup but this would be a TREMNEDOUS defensive team. Not only would Chandler add shot-blocking, great help D and length to guard the likes of Bosh, Garnett etc, but I think there is some untapped offensive potential there. Aguirre has killed the Bulls twice for the underdevelopment of Curry. Chandler has similar athletic attributes that David Robinson possessed. Quick Feet (like a sf), shot blocking, timing
extremely athletic.

I would have to think long and hard about those moves

To me Chandler has given every indication of being a severe career underachiever.

There would never ever be a circumstanc where I would trade Frye for Artest.
bigbeast

1/17/2006  3:44 PM
Chandler is only 23. Look how long it took Camby to develop.
gunsnewing
USA
1/17/2006  3:47 PM
no way! I can deal with taking a chance on Artest for nate, Q, ariza or lee etc because they are redundant role players on this team, but if we were to trade Frye and something went wrong in Artest's head it would be disaster.
Marv
1/17/2006  3:50 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

Chandler is only 23. Look how long it took Camby to develop.

I've watched Chandler where 75% of the time he's in the game he's doing absolutely nothing.

I agree with you that it took Camby a while to devleop but even at his worst he was still impacting the game a lot more consistently than Chandler ever has, save an occasional run of defensive efforts and I stress occasional. And I am NOT a Camby fan either.
crzymdups
USA
1/17/2006  3:55 PM
I think the Bulls are probably done trading with us. I think if we make a move it will come from Toronto or the West.
¿ △ ?
Mike James targeting New York?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy