[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Brown Purposely Sabotaging Knicks Line-ups..........
Author Thread
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/16/2006  6:22 PM
Before Brown got here, he was known as a coach who constantly nagged GM's and whined about his players. I think, Brown is taking a SHOW not TELL approach with the Knicks. Brown knows this team is seriously flawed, so I think he is sabotoging the Starting line-up on purpose, as a way to SHOW Isiah what this team needs.

Why else would he start Nate at the 2? Think about it. Its absolutely no reason why Crawford can't start over Nate. But I think Brown is just that coniving and ingenuis to pull something like this. Nate and Marbury are the smallest starting backcout in the NBA. This makes it obvious that the Knicks need a legit Shooting guard (with legit Sg size and can actually shoot.)

Browns refusal to put Craw in the startig lineup is SHOWING Isiah that Craw is indeed a sixth man. Craw is too incosistant to be a starter. He's the perfest sixth man. When he's rolling, leave craw in the game, when he's not, you put him back on the bench.

Also, Brown has 2 legit Sf's on the roster yet neihter of them are playing. Ariza is 6'8 and Q2 is 6'8 220. Instead, Brown insist on playing an undersized Pf at Sf to highlight the need for a legit Sf. By not playing Ariza, he's SHOWING Isiah that your precious gem that you thought you found in the second round is years away.

Lastly, why else has he put Frye back on the bench? Davis isn't doing much. Well, its because he's showing everyone that regardless of all the hoopla surrounding Frye, he is waaaay behind defensively, and may never turn into the Allstar Pf everyone thiks he can become.

I wouldn't put it passed Brown to pull something like that. It's ingenious if you ask me.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
AUTOADVERT
rain
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #353
USA
1/16/2006  7:14 PM
Davis is in the lineup to 1> give his voice in the lockeroom some credibility.. this voice backs Larry's play the right way plan of developement. 2> TO settle down the youngins starting.. to make sure we get off to a reasonable start.

Channing needs to get stronger before he starts playing major minutes. I don't have a problem with him getting 25min a game.

Nate is in the starting lineup because he starts the game with energy.. Craw's personality is suited to coming off the bench. He scores in bunches.

There are reasons for all these things.. and they aren't as devisive as you think. You think Brown is this vindictive?
Drama for the sake of drama isn't the way things work... though the media will portray it as such. I these lineups are starting to make sense.

[Edited by - rain on 01-16-2006 7:14 PM]
bigbeast

1/16/2006  7:28 PM
First off, just throwing this out there as an alternative as to why Brown insist on putting Frye and Craw on bench when they are clearly better than the players in front of them (Davis, Nate) Davis doesn't need to start to have a voice.

Do I think Brown is this vindictive? Why not? Look at how many teams he left in his rare view mirror. Go ask the owner of the Pistons how he feels about Brown. Go ask Cleve if he was interviewing for a job while in the middle of a playoff run. Go ask Iverson if he enjoyed being ridiculed inthe media daily.

How many times do you hear Brown kill one of his players in the papers then his last words are "but I have to do a better job of coaching" Wich way is it?

I think Brown is a terrific coach, his track record says so, but I just call it how I see. I would not put it pass Brown to try soemthing like this. Not saying he is, but just throwing it into the pot
Travla
Member: #723
USA
1/16/2006  8:26 PM
I think Q1 should get his starting slot back. Q1 has been playing better as of late and he adds tough "D", rebounding and presents better matchup possibilities. I like Craw and Frye coming off the bench, the 2nd unit needs their scoring.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/16/2006  8:27 PM
I thought that was the reason it took him so long to start Lee.

I like Nate starting because you never have to question his effort.
King1
Member: #998
USA
1/16/2006  8:34 PM
Your saying Q is playing good defense he got torched by Rose in the 2nd quarter for about 17 and Wally just used him today. That guy is not very good
attaboy2005
Member: #992

1/17/2006  1:36 AM
Posted by bigbeast:

Before Brown got here, he was known as a coach who constantly nagged GM's and whined about his players. I think, Brown is taking a SHOW not TELL approach with the Knicks. Brown knows this team is seriously flawed, so I think he is sabotoging the Starting line-up on purpose, as a way to SHOW Isiah what this team needs.

Why else would he start Nate at the 2? Think about it. Its absolutely no reason why Crawford can't start over Nate. But I think Brown is just that coniving and ingenuis to pull something like this. Nate and Marbury are the smallest starting backcout in the NBA. This makes it obvious that the Knicks need a legit Shooting guard (with legit Sg size and can actually shoot.)

Browns refusal to put Craw in the startig lineup is SHOWING Isiah that Craw is indeed a sixth man. Craw is too incosistant to be a starter. He's the perfest sixth man. When he's rolling, leave craw in the game, when he's not, you put him back on the bench.

Also, Brown has 2 legit Sf's on the roster yet neihter of them are playing. Ariza is 6'8 and Q2 is 6'8 220. Instead, Brown insist on playing an undersized Pf at Sf to highlight the need for a legit Sf. By not playing Ariza, he's SHOWING Isiah that your precious gem that you thought you found in the second round is years away.

Lastly, why else has he put Frye back on the bench? Davis isn't doing much. Well, its because he's showing everyone that regardless of all the hoopla surrounding Frye, he is waaaay behind defensively, and may never turn into the Allstar Pf everyone thiks he can become.

I wouldn't put it passed Brown to pull something like that. It's ingenious if you ask me.

LOL!

What bunch of crap!.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
1/17/2006  5:10 AM
Posted by King1:

Your saying Q is playing good defense he got torched by Rose in the 2nd quarter for about 17 and Wally just used him today. That guy is not very good

Wally torched Crawford for most of the game. And Minny used the pick and roll for Wally to Switch on Nate.....The Knicks use of Steph-Nate-Craw outs them at a huge size disadvantage and Craw is still learning to defend.
~You can't run from who you are.~
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/17/2006  9:23 AM
Crawford is not starting but he is getting starter minutes.

Davis is there to set the defensive tone at the beginning.

Lee is there for hustle and muscle. He will be ok.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/17/2006  9:40 AM
Larry is an evil genious.

bigbeast

1/17/2006  11:32 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Larry is an evil genious.

Thanx for realizing this thread was mostly tongue in cheek
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/17/2006  11:37 AM
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by King1:

Wally torched Crawford for most of the game. And Minny used the pick and roll for Wally to Switch on Nate.....The Knicks use of Steph-Nate-Craw outs them at a huge size disadvantage and Craw is still learning to defend.

Thanks Joe. and crawford played 35mins to Q's 30 and Lee's 20 so I think it's safe to say Wally got most of his 24pts with Crawford "guarding" him
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/18/2006  3:31 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

I totally agree with you....He is not tryig to win every game I tell you that much...I think he is trying to run the team into the ground to have Isiah fired so he can run the show....I think he wants complete control, and be very afraid of that....No one in the NBA wants to play for Larry Brown...After being a Knick fan, It's the first time I have seen quality player wanting to come to the Knicks to play for Isiah...From the Olympics, Le Bron who only avg 15 mins a game dont want to play for him...Carmelo who got 13 mins a game don't want to play for him....D Wade who got 15 mins a game don't want to play for him....Amare Stoudemire only got 2 mins a game playing for Larry...I'm jsut amazed at why he is considered the best coach in the NBA....Really good coach though...Best tries to send too many messages to the detriment of the team...Lee and Davis should not be starting..I can see Crawford off the bench...but Larry is jsut in his won world...how about early in the season where he would start players in their home towns...what is that?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/18/2006  4:20 PM
I don't think it'll happen but I can see Isiah resigning and saying that being a GM in NY is overwhelming and he wants to spend more time with his family. It would be nice if he stayed on as a draft consultant if that was the case though
Nalod
USA
1/18/2006  4:39 PM
Nalod
USA
1/18/2006  4:41 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I don't think it'll happen but I can see Isiah resigning and saying that being a GM in NY is overwhelming and he wants to spend more time with his family. It would be nice if he stayed on as a draft consultant if that was the case though

Bill Simmons is gonna kick Isiahs ass! Then he will do the "family thing". Hows the popcorn thing going for him? I suppose if he messes that thing up, he should be toast!

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/18/2006  4:42 PM
I think the only lineup weirdness going on right now is Jerome James taking Mo T's minutes to try and give JJ some semblance of trade value. Same with Q.

Other than that, I understand all of Brown's moves. You can't say he isn't playing the kids. I don't agree with his method of mentally breaking guys and then building them back up, but it has a history of working wherever he goes.
¿ △ ?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/18/2006  6:44 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

It's mind games that I was worried about with Larry Brown before we got him.....it's just Brown is on a roll this season.

I like Craws role to tell you the truth......I wish Q could get healthy cuz he is the answer at the 2 spot. Dude just can't make a shot right now.

As far as the 3 spot.....I think we all knew that was our main weakness. David Lee is a nice player but the Knicks need a more offensive player to man the starting three. David Lee is a combo forward off the bench.

The Knicks have the chips but what was taking Brown so long to get the starting line-up together.....by now Isiah could have made the right changes to the roster. Since he did it late now we have to wait till Feb or till the off-season which sucks.....

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/18/2006  7:11 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by bigbeast:

It's mind games that I was worried about with Larry Brown before we got him.....it's just Brown is on a roll this season.

I like Craws role to tell you the truth......I wish Q could get healthy cuz he is the answer at the 2 spot. Dude just can't make a shot right now.

As far as the 3 spot.....I think we all knew that was our main weakness. David Lee is a nice player but the Knicks need a more offensive player to man the starting three. David Lee is a combo forward off the bench.

The Knicks have the chips but what was taking Brown so long to get the starting line-up together.....by now Isiah could have made the right changes to the roster. Since he did it late now we have to wait till Feb or till the off-season which sucks.....

i think larry doesn't like q1 at all. i mean, even with steph injured, he's going with craw and nate starting, effectively leaving the bench without a ball handler.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/18/2006  7:14 PM
lol.....sorry Martin and Andrew......

[Edited by - enyspree on 01-18-2006 7:14 PM]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Brown Purposely Sabotaging Knicks Line-ups..........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy