[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

start Channing Frye
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/16/2006  5:59 PM
Im back and forth with some of these decisions like every other fan and Im sure eveyone at knick HQs.

If I go back to the basics of improve from within--i dont know what this year will yield in terms of possibly making a playoff , staying neutral or just plain falling off.
I do know that Frye Lee and curry are the future and why not start the future now? Its not like Frye is way off, he has his + and -- but for him to get better, he needs to go out there and play 35+ minutes. Antonio Davis isnt going to be a part of this team--use this time for getting Frye to put in his dues. I mean who are we? we won 30 games last year--the 8th pick in the draft a 4 yr senior should be playing over a 37 YO.

I thought it might be better for CF to come of the bench he looked more comfortable, but the necessity for the club is he faces tier 1 PF now, learn everything now. Give him another chance
go with the Lee Curry Frye frontcourt for 5 games.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/16/2006  6:05 PM
I remember you saying that Lee could not play the 3.
Flip-flopped on that too?
NumberTwoPencil
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #481
USA
1/16/2006  6:21 PM
Yeah, I'm a bit confused about why CF isn't starting. I'd say Brown's upset about some of his bad defensive habits but that's just a guess. He seems more attentive to the team and generally a bit ahead of Robinson so why's he waiting around?
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/16/2006  6:29 PM
Maybe he likes him off the bench just like he likes Crawford off the bench. I love how when the Knicks are winning 6 in a row that no one is saying anything about this and that the starting lineup is fine but now that they are losing everyone has problems. Frye is second amongst Rookies in MPG at 26 per. He's getting his minutes either way so let Brown use him where he think he fits best.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
oohah
Member: #887
1/16/2006  6:37 PM
Im back and forth with some of these decisions like every other fan and Im sure eveyone at knick HQs.
If I go back to the basics of improve from within--i dont know what this year will yield in terms of possibly making a playoff , staying neutral or just plain falling off.
I do know that Frye Lee and curry are the future and why not start the future now? Its not like Frye is way off, he has his + and -- but for him to get better, he needs to go out there and play 35+ minutes. Antonio Davis isnt going to be a part of this team--use this time for getting Frye to put in his dues. I mean who are we? we won 30 games last year--the 8th pick in the draft a 4 yr senior should be playing over a 37 YO.

I thought it might be better for CF to come of the bench he looked more comfortable, but the necessity for the club is he faces tier 1 PF now, learn everything now. Give him another chance
go with the Lee Curry Frye frontcourt for 5 games.

Watch out Briggs, you are coming dangerously close to criticizing LB and many don't take kindly to that around here.

Interesting points though.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
rain
Member: #353
USA
1/16/2006  7:18 PM
Briggs, I think these guys don't have to play that many minutes to be effective.

1>These guys haven't travelled this much, and the season is much longer.. it saves them from hitting the wall hard 2> I know from playing fatigued.. you can develop bad habits while playing tired, and also become prone to injury. We have too many good young guys to risk things unnecessarily. If our young guys are getting between 25 and 35 minutes a night.. that is decent burn.

[Edited by - rain on 01-16-2006 7:18 PM]
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/16/2006  8:05 PM
Frye isn't getting enough shots or minutes.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/16/2006  8:10 PM
Posted by Rich:

one thing he has to learn is to sl0ow down a bit in the post--but besides the shots stuff which i dont think is a problem, i think he needs to learn how to play D and rebound against starting 4-5s, learn how to keep his man in front of him, move his feet, use his length etc... its not just about shots, its about an all around game
RIP Crushalot😞
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/16/2006  8:21 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Rich:

one thing he has to learn is to sl0ow down a bit in the post--but besides the shots stuff which i dont think is a problem, i think he needs to learn how to play D and rebound against starting 4-5s, learn how to keep his man in front of him, move his feet, use his length etc... its not just about shots, its about an all around game

I think Larry has said that his defensive deficiencies are the the reason he doesn't get more PT, but I think his ability to stretch the defense with his outside shooting, and the fact that he is more likely to get better faster with more minutes, are persuasive reasons that he should play more.

Curry and Frye could develop a very effective inside outside two man game.
TheSage
Member: #386
1/16/2006  10:19 PM
I have the utmost respect for experience-like the the experience of a HOF coach. How many of those questionning his handling of Frye for example have ever improved the performance of an all-star player, or brought a college player along into all-star status or won a championship at the college or pro level. Todays loss was as much the result of losing the floor leader in the final minutes as much as facing one of the top 3-4 players in professional basketball.

If LB had a deficiency it may be his intentional lack of communication of his reasons for doing thing. I really believe he has an idea of what he is doing.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/17/2006  1:31 AM
I think Frye is getting enough minutes and experience to improve. Any more minutes and he'll likely just become a tired player.

Next season, barring injury of course, he'll likely be a much better player, much more mentally and physically prepared for the season-long grind.

As they like to say, the NBA season is a marathon... and usually careers aren't defined by rookie success. Think about what Curry and Frye could be like a season or two from now--- they could potentially be good for 40pts/20rbd combined. Right now we'll have to be satisfied by their 25-30pts/12-16rbds.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/17/2006  11:07 AM
Posted by rain:

Briggs, I think these guys don't have to play that many minutes to be effective.

1>These guys haven't travelled this much, and the season is much longer.. it saves them from hitting the wall hard 2> I know from playing fatigued.. you can develop bad habits while playing tired, and also become prone to injury. We have too many good young guys to risk things unnecessarily. If our young guys are getting between 25 and 35 minutes a night.. that is decent burn.

[Edited by - rain on 01-16-2006 7:18 PM]

Not comparing Channing to Tim Duncan, but what did TD do his rookie season? was he babied along?

I'm still wondering why Channing, who has put up two 30 pt games, was inactive the first game of the season, and not starting since game 1.
start Channing Frye

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy