[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We DONT need another PG... WE NEED A PERIMITER DEFENDER..... artest anyone????
Author Thread
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

1/16/2006  2:26 PM
its obvious what this team needs.. our offense has been just fine when our D is on point... all we need is a outside defender that can keep his man in front of him and set the tone on D.... Ron Artest would do WONDERS for this team.... isiah should take note
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/16/2006  2:35 PM
Posted by Elite:

its obvious what this team needs.. our offense has been just fine when our D is on point... all we need is a outside defender that can keep his man in front of him and set the tone on D.... Ron Artest would do WONDERS for this team.... isiah should take note

he really would but I still wouldn't give up frye, lee or nate for someone who could snap and be out of the league any second or he can piss off his teammates and bad chemistry is the last thing we need. His situation is a lot more serious than Spree's was
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/16/2006  3:47 PM
Artest would be perfect because not only do we need a defensive Sf but Knicks need a player who can create his own shot from the wing. Artest is like getting 2 players in one. Knicks also need a 6'5 0r 6'6 2g, sho can defend and hit open shots. Steph and Nate is not working. 2g's are shooting over Marbury with out much problem and Nate is haveing trouble keeping pg's in front of him.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
Yes please.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
I still think we need a PG more.
gunsnewing
USA
1/16/2006  3:52 PM
Posted by SlimPack:

whats another PG going to do? give guys more wide open shoots so they can miss them? and get abused by taller perimeter players? And besides there's only a handful of good PGs. We need a guy who can hit shots in the flow of the offense, plays under control and doesn't rely on strictly penetration as marbury, nate and crawford do.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/16/2006  3:52 PM
The best part about this is that Artest's value goes down as each day passes by. I really think the Knicks can get him by trading some combination of Ariza/Nate/Q OR by adding Penny or AD to the deal and taking on someone else the Pacers don't want.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 01-16-2006 3:54 PM]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
bigbeast

1/16/2006  3:54 PM
I take Maggette on one foot before I take ariza, Q and nate
gunsnewing
USA
1/16/2006  3:59 PM
I much rather have Artest but is Maggette due back this year? If he is I would trade those guys for him..maybe Brown can work on his D. At least we know we'll be able to execute better on offense. We have a better shot at him than Artest
bigbeast

1/16/2006  4:38 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I much rather have Artest but is Maggette due back this year? If he is I would trade those guys for him..maybe Brown can work on his D. At least we know we'll be able to execute better on offense. We have a better shot at him than Artest

actually I was refering to Indiana. But, yeah, I would look into Maggette aswell if I was Isiah. Heard Maggette is really upset about almost being delt
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/16/2006  4:42 PM
were not getting ron artest, we could use him, but its not happening
RIP Crushalot😞
Finestrg
Member: #1069

1/16/2006  5:36 PM
Guns, nyk...couldn't agree with you guys more. I've been screaming about Ron for weeks. He's exactly what we need. Also, I don't think another PG is going to do anything for this team. What are guys like Earl Watson, Kevin Ollie or Eric Snow supposed to do for this team exactly? Nothing that's what. And that's who's available out there when you talk about PGs. Steph and Nate are fine (I'm praying Steph's injury isn't too severe - he took a good pop out there today. X-rays were negative thank God). Also, Craw's a big plus, providing ballhandling and scoring off the bench - even though he had a rough one today. Nate almost won this thing by himself today if not for Craw's key turnover and Hudson pulling some shots out of his ass late. The backcourt's fine: Steph, Nate, Jamal, Q and even Woods as you go a little deeper are fine. A lot more then what most teams have.
They can absolutely win games with the backcourt they have. No doubt in my mind. That's not the problem. The problems with this team are (and have been for a while now) (1) we need a legit 6'7" - 6'9", 200-220 lb. SF that plays both sides of the ball - a guy that can shoot and stretch the defense, take the ball to the rim and also play some defense himself AND (2) we need another solid interior presence - a young athletic big who can block shots and provide quality defense and backup minutes along the frontline. Believe me, Isiah and the Knicks know this. We're only a few pieces away from making some real noise in the eastern conference if you ask me. I really believe that. I like all the components Zeke has assembled so far. We're growing as a team but still coming up short in these 2 key areas.
Two things I would do to improve the team. You hit the nail on the head nyk. I know Zeke doesn't particularly care for Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh but I would absolutely pick up the phone and make a second call to Indiana about Artest. I'm shocked we haven't been in this thing from the beginning. Unless it's Isiah's poor relationship with his former employers that's causing the lack of communication and interest (please don't tell me that - play the game with them Zeke - we're talking about making the Knicks a lot better here) or Isiah's alleged spotty relationship with Artest himself. Look, the Clipper thing's dead and I really don't think he's going to the Warriors for Mike Dunleavy. He's right there for the taking! A combo of Nate or Lee plus Ariza and/or Butler plus expanding the deal to take back a bad contract or two (Croshere, Bender, Stephen Jackson, etc.) should be enough to get it done. No other team out there can supply cap relief in a trade the way the Knicks can. I really don't think it'll even take that much the longer this thing goes on - you're right on the money bro. I would love to hold onto Nate and Lee but you gotta give up talent to aquire talent. We're talking about Ron Artest here!!!
If they can't do that, I seriously consider making the Jalen Rose for Penny Hardaway deal if, and only if we get back their 2nd 1st round pick (which amounts to Denver's drafting slot in the next draft's 1st round). That pick's projected to go midway in the 1st round. I would do it. Let's look at that trade for a sec. So we get Jalen Rose, a heady, experienced, useful SF with only this year and next left on his deal (he'll serve as a good bargaining chip next year just like Penny and Antonio are this year) who, even though he doesn't play a lick of defense, is better than what we have at the position right now. He can score, drive, dish and post-up, he'll help stretch the defense and best of all, he'll help us salvage enough of the season to avoid surrendering a top 3 pick to Chicago - the last thing anyone wants to happen around here. Plus, we get that mid 1st round pick who we can turn into any # of useful players (Hilton Armstrong anyone? - he's not gonna be there with our own pick around 28 or 29). Now imagine if the Knicks surprise us by doing the Artest deal AND the Jalen Rose deal? Now that would really be something...

[Edited by - finestrg on 01-16-2006 5:37 PM]

[Edited by - finestrg on 01-16-2006 8:05 PM]

[Edited by - finestrg on 01-16-2006 9:51 PM]
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
1/16/2006  6:55 PM
huh? Don't tell me we're still going on Steph's not a PG again.
Posted by SlimPack:

nykfryeway
Member: #1053

1/17/2006  9:03 AM
dun worry remember wut artest said about him coming here in 2 years anyways
gunsnewing
USA
1/17/2006  11:49 AM
You're right Finestrg we could us an athletic bigman. Our most athletic bigman is Frye and he has slow mechanical feet. Then there is Curry and Davis and Lee isn't ready. Someone needs to come over when guaards blow by our guards. antonio, rose, JJ, butler are too damn slow we need some variety in the frontcourt. But we still need a real SG more.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01-17-2006 11:55 AM]
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
1/17/2006  12:27 PM
Posted by nykshaknbake:

Posted by SlimPack:

another pg would allow us to have a normal sized backcourt, as well as enable us to move crawford to sg full time. and I didnt say that becuase I didnt think steph wasnt a pg. he does an okay job of running it. I guess a player with ron's skills would be really important (although I still dont think the knicks should go after him), but this team wont go anywhere with crawford at pg becuase crawford is not a pg. we really only have one if you consider steph one.

[Edited by - slimpack on 01-17-2006 12:29 PM]
gunsnewing
USA
1/17/2006  12:35 PM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by nykshaknbake:

Posted by SlimPack:

another pg would allow us to have a normal sized backcourt, as well as enable us to move crawford to sg full time. and I didnt say that becuase I didnt think steph wasnt a pg. he does an okay job of running it. I guess a player with ron's skills would be really important (although I still dont think the knicks should go after him), but this team wont go anywhere with crawford at pg becuase crawford is not a pg. we really only have one if you consider steph one.

[Edited by - slimpack on 01-17-2006 12:29 PM]

well lets say we bring in Mike James and Artest. Our 3 guard rotation would be Marbury, Artest, James. Nate and Crawford would have very limited roles or we trade them. That backcourt would definitely drastically improve out defense and shooting. Besides Nate would most likely go in a trade for Artest anyway.

We would be very strong with this guard rotation:
PG-Marbury/James
SG-Artest/Crawford

problem is the Knicks are problably envisioning a backcourt of:
PG-James/Nate
SG-Marbury/Crawford

and we'll continue to give up 115pts a night!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01-17-2006 12:44 PM]
MS
Member: #724
1/17/2006  12:43 PM
Crawford, Ariza and the Spurs pick for Artest; thats the only deal I would consider,

I could live with Penny as a backup point guard, if the Pacers take the deal
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/17/2006  12:46 PM
Artest would be a disaster in New York. Zeke is too smart for that.
¿ △ ?
bigbeast

1/17/2006  2:25 PM
Guns- Artest is a 6'7 260lb sf. He's versatile enough to give some minutes in the backcourt but he is a Sf. So Marbury, James and Craw could still work but It's still too small
We DONT need another PG... WE NEED A PERIMITER DEFENDER..... artest anyone????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy