for their ending contracts, no draft picks or other players necessary
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/16/2006  11:22 AM
And if I were the knicks I'd take it and sort it all out later. Obviously you can't have Francis as a long term option here, him and Steph in the back court isn't great defensively. offensively though, it would be kinda crazy, Steve would play the 2 of course.

Grant would be so freaking perfect here, provided he stayed healthy. Same length as Jalen, only much better all around player.

Stevie would have to be moved, but he'd be a great trade asset.
nykshaknbake
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #492
1/16/2006  12:09 PM
haha. You'd be crixified instantly. It's gonna take alot more thane xpirings to get the Franchise I think.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
1/16/2006  2:51 PM
Posted by nykshaknbake:

haha. You'd be crixified instantly. It's gonna take alot more thane xpirings to get the Franchise I think.

The guy has been suspended indefinately for a non-violent action. To me that speaks volume much like Artest but Francis is a shut down defender, and a guy you know that will make you automatically better just based on his skills. I think Hill and Francis is way too much to hope for. Magic are in a bad spot, they had probably one of the worst summers in recent memory for any team. Other than Dwight Howard and Nelson there isn't much positive about the organization. I think they have to just purged themselves of Francis. To me if the Knicks were involved then Nate, Craw or Marbury needs to be moved too. Don't you think that Francis, Marbs, and Craw are too similar.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/16/2006  4:06 PM
Posted by nykshaknbake:

Not me, they have to flush both those players. Not that their bad players, thats for sure, but I would concnetrate my efforts on rebuilding around Dwight Howard and Nelson. I would have free agency and a high draft pick. Orlando is a NICE place to snag free agents. Maybe I walk out of the draft with aldridge who i can play next to howard and Id be very intersted to see how i could get Ronnie Artest from the Pacers. I may do some one year wonder signings like cassell, but keep the payroll low until lebron or carmelo becomes a fA
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/16/2006  4:13 PM
Francis is not going to help our perimeter defense and shooting. francis, marbury, nate and crawford are too similar..their strength is penetrating and being 6ft as opposed to 6-6/6-7 when you penetrate makes a world of difference. All teams have to do is play Zone and collapse and we're doomed. I much rather go after Artest or Maggette
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/16/2006  4:21 PM
FRancis would be starphucking. So would Artest. Find some good players with good attitudes who compliment Marbury, Curry, and Frye. That might include a defensive-minded PF, allowing Frye to remain a 6th man.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/16/2006  4:36 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Find some good players with good attitudes who compliment Marbury, Curry, and Frye. That might include a defensive-minded PF, allowing Frye to remain a 6th man.

You mean like KT?

Wait, I thought having another PF would just take away precious playing time from Frye which was supposed to be simply unacceptable to you.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/16/2006  4:36 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Francis is not going to help our perimeter defense and shooting. francis, marbury, nate and crawford are too similar..their strength is penetrating and being 6ft as opposed to 6-6/6-7 when you penetrate makes a world of difference. All teams have to do is play Zone and collapse and we're doomed. I much rather go after Artest or Maggette

if i was isiah, would i go after francis with what we have---yes i would. if grant hill was healthy id be interested in him too. looks like a match
RIP Crushalot😞
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/16/2006  4:42 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

FRancis would be starphucking. So would Artest. Find some good players with good attitudes who compliment Marbury, Curry, and Frye. That might include a defensive-minded PF, allowing Frye to remain a 6th man.

The Knicks don't have the assets to trade and get quality players. Thats why Isiah has to take a chance on guys like artest, Francis etc. No way Knicks get Curry if not for the heart condition. Knicks are over a barrel, so they have to take chances on guys questionable character/health guys and hope they develop here.

"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
Bonn1997
USA
1/16/2006  5:20 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Find some good players with good attitudes who compliment Marbury, Curry, and Frye. That might include a defensive-minded PF, allowing Frye to remain a 6th man.

You mean like KT?

Wait, I thought having another PF would just take away precious playing time from Frye which was supposed to be simply unacceptable to you.
I'm talking about players to build around Curry, Marbury, and Frye with--not a mid 30s slow PF past his prime. Get a young quick PF (it doesn't have to a star) and I'm fine with the player playing ahead of Frye. I'm not looking for a quick fix for this year. I want only players who can contribute for the next five years minimum. That includes Nate and maybe Q but not Kurt if you want to talk about that trade.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 01-16-2006 5:20 PM]
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/16/2006  6:46 PM
remember last year when everyone was raving about expiring contracts and I said we'd only get another castoff like a Francis/Baron because those are the only kind of players you get for huge expiring contracts and everyone laughed. I'm hoping we can get an oversized player like Artest/Maggette but the reality is we don't have what it takes to get them but hey Steve Francis is there! yet another 6'1 SG! who can't guard the perimeter!
nykshaknbake
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #492
1/16/2006  6:51 PM
How would Artest be 'starphuching'? We have a need at that position and Artest is def in the top 5 at that postion, possibly top 10 in the league overall. Francis I agree.
Posted by Bonn1997:

islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/16/2006  10:35 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:

You mean like KT?

I'm talking about players to build around Curry, Marbury, and Frye with--not a mid 30s slow PF past his prime. Get a young quick PF (it doesn't have to a star) and I'm fine with the player playing ahead of Frye. I'm not looking for a quick fix for this year. I want only players who can contribute for the next five years minimum. That includes Nate and maybe Q but not Kurt if you want to talk about that trade.

A month ago you were so worried about Frye getting every minute possible and against having anybody taking away minutes from him. Now you want to get someone to start ahead of him and have Frye become a bench player. What did Fish say? Oh yeah, I call bullsh!t... and you're full of it.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/16/2006  10:35 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

for their ending contracts, no draft picks or other players necessary

Then you'd complain about somthing else. Like playing time for the rookies. Yesh!

Bonn1997
USA
1/17/2006  7:42 AM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:

You mean like KT?

A month ago you were so worried about Frye getting every minute possible and against having anybody taking away minutes from him. Now you want to get someone to start ahead of him and have Frye become a bench player. What did Fish say? Oh yeah, I call bullsh!t... and you're full of it.
I still want Frye getting 30 min; I just like the look of him coming off the bench right now. I definitely don't want a 34 YO Kurt AND a 30 YO Mo T AND a 37 YO AD taking minutes away from Channing. Maybe you see that as good for the team's future but I don't. I'm talking about having one young PF/C sharing minutes with Channing and Eddy and maybe giving a few mpg to a veteran.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 01-17-2006 07:56 AM]
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/17/2006  11:01 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

remember last year when everyone was raving about expiring contracts and I said we'd only get another castoff like a Francis/Baron because those are the only kind of players you get for huge expiring contracts and everyone laughed. I'm hoping we can get an oversized player like Artest/Maggette but the reality is we don't have what it takes to get them but hey Steve Francis is there! yet another 6'1 SG! who can't guard the perimeter!

I was saying the same thing about folks here overvalueing expiring deals.

But, if you can turn Penny into Francis or possibly Hill (what's left on his deal?), I'd consider it only if I thought I could then turn around and trade them to a third team and get back something that fits better with a long term rebuild.
Bonn1997
USA
1/17/2006  11:40 AM
We just need (a) the expiring contracts and other trade assets to land young players who compliment Marbury, Frye, and Curry well and (b) those three players to further develop under Larry.
if i were running the magic id offer the knicks grant hill and steve francis

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy