[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Toronto seemed to have a lot of length on us
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/16/2006  10:39 AM
at almost every position. taller more fluid athletes, longer arms--even their PG made Marbury look short. even chris bosh seemed to have much more length in the post than anyone we had. we definitely could use a long armed defender in the 6-6--6-8 range
nate is a great little player, but we will not survive with a 5-7 and 6-1 guard and craw's best position, atleast to me is 6th man. If he comes out flat like yesterdat, we can avoid some of his inconsistencies by inserting the starter or nate back in if hes ice cold.

defintely need a replacement for davis who has length--who can block shots
need a 6-6 --6-8 wing

and a solid-sized SG who does more than hock 3s
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/16/2006  10:42 AM
I noticed that too. Mo Pete was able to score at will because no one could get a hand high enough in his face. It's not every position, though. It's just the backcourt. We have plenty of length in the frontcourt. If anything it's the opposite problem. Lee is very long and tall for a 3 but not quick enough. There's no problem with Curry's and Frye's length either.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/16/2006  10:46 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I noticed that too. Mo Pete was able to score at will because no one could get a hand high enough in his face. It's not every position, though. It's just the backcourt. We have plenty of length in the frontcourt. If anything it's the opposite problem. Lee is very long and tall for a 3 but not quick enough. There's no problem with Curry's and Frye's length either.

Bosh is the best player on both teams. He was toying with the knicks, they didnt have a clue how to stop him. Maybe i was watching someone else, but bosh was shooting over anyone in his way.
RIP Crushalot😞
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/16/2006  10:57 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Bosh is the best player on both teams. He was toying with the knicks, they didnt have a clue how to stop him. Maybe i was watching someone else, but bosh was shooting over anyone in his way.
Bosh killed us. hes gonna be superstar. looks like the reincarnation of jermaine o'neal. maybe better.
BigC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #829
1/16/2006  11:13 AM
Bosh is becoming the total package. He can handle the ball and create his own shot. Not to mention he has a solid post game, and jumpshot. His offensive game will keep on getting better because he works out with Kurt Thomas in the summer. When he plays against other defenders it becomes easy to score because he is use to the phyical play of Kurt.
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/16/2006  11:18 AM
Posted by BigC:

Bosh is becoming the total package. He can handle the ball and create his own shot. Not to mention he has a solid post game, and jumpshot. His offensive game will keep on getting better because he works out with Kurt Thomas in the summer. When he plays against other defenders it becomes easy to score because he is use to the phyical play of Kurt.
And this is where you lost me. Anyone with a half ounce of quickness can blow by Kurt. If you said he was working out with Rasheed or Camby I'd be with you, but Kurt? A 6-9 PF who can't jump over a slice of pizza? He can't shoot over or run around Kurt with ease.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/16/2006  11:44 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:

You weren't watching something else; you're just misusing the term "length." Bosh doesn't have much if any length over Frye and Curry. He just has much more strength than Frye and much more footspeed than either Frye or Curry has.
BigC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #829
1/16/2006  11:45 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by BigC:

And this is where you lost me. Anyone with a half ounce of quickness can blow by Kurt. If you said he was working out with Rasheed or Camby I'd be with you, but Kurt? A 6-9 PF who can't jump over a slice of pizza? He can't shoot over or run around Kurt with ease.

Yes, he could blow by Kurt, however you are only looking at one aspect of Bosh's game. Bosh can work on his post game against Kurt. Kurt plays phyicial in the post. Also, if Bosh is playing one-on-one there will be no ref to bail Bosh out from contact. Kurt can also help him with his jumpshot. Bosh has stated himself that working out with Kurt has help his game. Are you going to say Bosh is wrong for feeling that Kurt helps his game? Don't coaches workout with players all the time on their game? Most likely a coach can't do the moves or defend the player they are coaching yet they find the way to improve that player. Do you feel because a coach does not have the talent as the person he is trying to teach that player can not learn or improve their game?

[Edited by - BigC on 01-16-2006 11:49 AM]
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/16/2006  12:14 PM
Knicks Don't have any shotblockers up front either. Notice how many layups they give up. No shotblockers and bad perimeter defenders who can't keep thier man in front of them = lots of points for opponents
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
Toronto seemed to have a lot of length on us

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy