[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

"If there's a do-over on the NBA draft, is there any doubt that Channing Frye is the first pick?"
Author Thread
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/15/2006  8:50 PM
Boguts also a better passer
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/15/2006  9:52 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

its a tough one because I am biased and love Frye's game and most of all his aggression and how hard he works. That being said I think based on talent/upside alone (forget team needs) I would pick in the following order:
Paul
Bogut
Frye
Diogu
Bynum
You're still really high on Ike? Ike over Marvin Williams, Granger, CV? There's plenty of other guys I wouldn't pick Ike over either but those three certainly stand out to me.
have you actually watched him play? Or have you just looked up his stats?
I've watched him a little bit. I have NOTHING against him. I think he's a very nice prospect. I just don't love him to the extent you do.
like what? A 3 second clip on Sportscenter? I call bullsh!t... and your fulla it. Go ahead... snit away. Glad you found something "interesting" in the thread to reply about. LOL
anger management issues fish? If you get this irritated and resort to name calling, maybe you need a break from message board posting.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/16/2006  9:12 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

there is a BIG difference between bogut and frye, bogut is STARTING and his team is WINNING. frye can not start b/c he is so weak defensively. bogut is a better player. there's no argument. who'll be better 5 years from now? probably bogut but we can't really tell yet. but bogut is just a better player right now.

there is not a big difference between them.

you are exaggerating. theres no argument? gimme a break bogut is better rebounder and defender, and frye is a netter scorer inside and out. theres plenty of argument.

thank you, and boguts team winning has more to do with Ford and Redd than Bogut by far...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
1/16/2006  9:28 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

but frye is not a better player. if he was, he would also be starting for us...AHEAD of a fossil like AD. but he's not. bogut is. yes, frye is more polished offensively in terms of jumpshot, but bogut can score some - they run no plays for him and he's way ahead of frye defensively and on the boards. but like i said, bogut is STARTING, something frye can't do yet, AND his team is winning so it's not like he's starting b/c of a rebuild/youth movement. they're trying to win and can start him. we're trying to win...and are part of a youth movement but we still can't start frye yet. that, to me, means bogut is a better player right now.

I understand where you are going with this but both teams are in different situations. I think the better question is would Frye be starting if he was on the Bucks and would Bogut be starting if he was on the Knicks....the answer to both would be yes. I actually think at his point in time Bogut is a better fit for our team and Frye would probably be excelling on the Bucks.
~You can't run from who you are.~
joec32033
Member: #583
USA
1/16/2006  9:31 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Bogut starts and plays 27 mpg. Frye comes off the bench and plays 26 mpg. THAT some how distinguishes the two players. If Frye were starting and playing 1 more mpg he'd be at Bogut's level? I just don't get why you're making such a big difference between starting and coming off the bench when their PT is the same.

Um...2 ways to look at that stat Bonn....why is Bogut only playing as many minutes as a reserve on our team? As a starter, wouldn't you expect "starter's minutes" of about 32 per game? It is a weird comparison a starter is plaing reserve minutes, and a reserve is playing more minutes thn a reserve should.
~You can't run from who you are.~
islesfan
Member: #712
1/16/2006  10:34 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

its a tough one because I am biased and love Frye's game and most of all his aggression and how hard he works. That being said I think based on talent/upside alone (forget team needs) I would pick in the following order:
Paul
Bogut
Frye
Diogu
Bynum
You're still really high on Ike? Ike over Marvin Williams, Granger, CV? There's plenty of other guys I wouldn't pick Ike over either but those three certainly stand out to me.
have you actually watched him play? Or have you just looked up his stats?
I've watched him a little bit. I have NOTHING against him. I think he's a very nice prospect. I just don't love him to the extent you do.
like what? A 3 second clip on Sportscenter? I call bullsh!t... and your fulla it. Go ahead... snit away. Glad you found something "interesting" in the thread to reply about. LOL
anger management issues fish? If you get this irritated and resort to name calling, maybe you need a break from message board posting.

Why do you assume that he's angry when it's obvious that he's just calling you out on how much you've actually seen Ike play and for your idiotic comment that you didn't find a thread particularly interesting yet you replied to it just the same.

Everybody here finds threads that they don't find particularly interesting, in which case, normal people just choose not to reply. But for some reason you had to let Fish know that you didn't find his thread all that interesting. It seems to me that if anybody has anger management issues it would be you. Oh and rvhoss. If you really have a need to reply to threads that you don't even find interesting, just for the sake of replying, I think you might need to take a break from message board posting. The first step in treating an addiction is to admit that you have a problem.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/16/2006  11:14 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

but frye is not a better player. if he was, he would also be starting for us...AHEAD of a fossil like AD. but he's not. bogut is. yes, frye is more polished offensively in terms of jumpshot, but bogut can score some - they run no plays for him and he's way ahead of frye defensively and on the boards. but like i said, bogut is STARTING, something frye can't do yet, AND his team is winning so it's not like he's starting b/c of a rebuild/youth movement. they're trying to win and can start him. we're trying to win...and are part of a youth movement but we still can't start frye yet. that, to me, means bogut is a better player right now.

that is flawed logic. Bogut starts for his team because he can rebound and play defense. Those are things that are more at a premium than scoring, especially on that team. They would be on our team as well. That argument is weak though. Because he starts on a winning team but plays the exact same minutes as Frye he is clearly better? That doesn't even make any sense. You have not made your case well if that is all there is to it.

On a side note, I think Isles, Fish and Bonn are acting like a bunch of girls. WTF is this cat fight about? Aren't we all grown men? Grow up guys.

islesfan
Member: #712
1/16/2006  11:54 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

On a side note, I think Isles, Fish and Bonn are acting like a bunch of girls. WTF is this cat fight about? Aren't we all grown men? Grow up guys.

Bonn started it.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/16/2006  12:01 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Killa4luv:

Bonn started it.

LOL!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/16/2006  12:26 PM
telling someone they have the best player in the draft 30 games into their first season is kind of getting ahead of himself? I guess when KG and kobe came out, it was pre-determined by their first 30 games that they would be inferior players I guess? Lets look at it like this, we got a great draft pick, a very solid piece to the puzzle. Calling him Tim Duncan is ignaramous and proclaiming hes the best player in the draft right now is a bit speculative at best.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
USA
1/16/2006  12:34 PM
I'd actually agree with you (although I'm not a girl! ) If any poster wants or needs to name-call, that's their issue; I should just ignore it. I added a bit of immaturity to Fish's thread when I said it wasn't interesting to me.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/17/2006  12:47 PM
Guys, I think everyone is forgetting about Gerald Green!
¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/17/2006  12:55 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

telling someone they have the best player in the draft 30 games into their first season is kind of getting ahead of himself? I guess when KG and kobe came out, it was pre-determined by their first 30 games that they would be inferior players I guess? Lets look at it like this, we got a great draft pick, a very solid piece to the puzzle. Calling him Tim Duncan is ignaramous and proclaiming hes the best player in the draft right now is a bit speculative at best.
they all have talent and can all play at the NBA level. That alone constitues a good draft. The rest will show in time

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/17/2006  1:38 PM
IT was a deep draft.

I'd give each three years until we can fairly evaluate.

Marvin in 5 years is still only 24! He might be the cream of the crop. But not for at least 2 seasons.

Impact wise, I think the fair question is who is rookie of the year thus far, and in what order.

I go with Marvs list.
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
1/17/2006  1:53 PM
Posted by TheSage:

Quote from Mike Lupica in the Sunday News 1/15/06

Lord have mercy

"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
MS
Member: #724
1/17/2006  2:13 PM
Some of you are ****ing nuts how many wins do the hornets have with a rookie point guard, more than us so how are you going to take anyone over a guy who does everything well and that includes leading.....

they have west mason and smith to go with paul

we have marbury, crawford, curry, frye, we should have the better record....

It speaks volumes about the kid, this is why the Hawks will suck forever
attaboy2005
Member: #992

1/17/2006  2:17 PM
Recent NBA.com Rookie Report on Frye:

2. CHANNING FRYE, C, NEW YORK

MPG PPG RPG APG SPG BPG FG% 3P% FT%
26.1 14.5 6.1 0.9 0.46 0.86 .516 .333 .844
Last week: 2
Even though the Knicks lost to the Wolves on Monday, we loved how Channing Frye played defense down the stretch. Just watch that play where Troy Hudson hit the dagger three. Frye was guarding Kevin Garnett and did a great job of jumping out on the screen to prevent Hudson from making a move toward the basket and then getting back to his man before KG could get open.

Isn't is amazing how a players stats don't always tell how a player is progressing on his game, there are so many intangibles a player can perform without it showing on the stat sheet. You have to watch to watch each and every game to see what a player is doing or not doing, to make a sound judgement on that players' game.

Bonn1997
USA
1/17/2006  2:18 PM
Some of you are ****ing nuts
I think Lupica is the only one who put Frye ahead of Paul
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/17/2006  2:22 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
I'd actually agree with you (although I'm not a girl! ) If any poster wants or needs to name-call, that's their issue; I should just ignore it. I added a bit of immaturity to Fish's thread when I said it wasn't interesting to me.

Dis thread is tedious. Now we dance!

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/17/2006  2:23 PM
Posted by attaboy2005:

Recent NBA.com Rookie Report on Frye:

2. CHANNING FRYE, C, NEW YORK

MPG PPG RPG APG SPG BPG FG% 3P% FT%
26.1 14.5 6.1 0.9 0.46 0.86 .516 .333 .844
Last week: 2
Even though the Knicks lost to the Wolves on Monday, we loved how Channing Frye played defense down the stretch. Just watch that play where Troy Hudson hit the dagger three. Frye was guarding Kevin Garnett and did a great job of jumping out on the screen to prevent Hudson from making a move toward the basket and then getting back to his man before KG could get open.

Isn't is amazing how a players stats don't always tell how a player is progressing on his game, there are so many intangibles a player can perform without it showing on the stat sheet. You have to watch to watch each and every game to see what a player is doing or not doing, to make a sound judgement on that players' game.

he forgot the time Frye was late coming over to help stop the Wolves from penetrating late in the 4th
"If there's a do-over on the NBA draft, is there any doubt that Channing Frye is the first pick?"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy