[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

"If there's a do-over on the NBA draft, is there any doubt that Channing Frye is the first pick?"
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/15/2006  11:41 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

its a tough one because I am biased and love Frye's game and most of all his aggression and how hard he works. That being said I think based on talent/upside alone (forget team needs) I would pick in the following order:
Paul
Bogut
Frye
Diogu
Bynum
You're still really high on Ike? Ike over Marvin Williams, Granger, CV? There's plenty of other guys I wouldn't pick Ike over either but those three certainly stand out to me.
have you actually watched him play? Or have you just looked up his stats?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
attaboy2005
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #992

1/15/2006  12:31 PM
Frye all the way!.
TheSage
Member: #386
1/15/2006  12:41 PM
Part of the answer is team need. Paul has shown himself to be a fine point guard -potentially great but do you take a point guard over a big with great potential when you already have three guys that can handle the spot? Part of the answer is need-would Bogut be able to play PF and provide the outside threat to Curry's inside game? For those reasons would probably take Frye who has great potential and fits the other personnel.

As far as Bynum is concerned-he has physically matured at a young age-so did Chocolate Thunder. How many bigs were drafted early but never made it from Bowie to Chris Mihm, Marvin Webster, Rich Kelley and Bad News Barnes.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/15/2006  12:45 PM
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by Ira:
Posted by Silverfuel:

I was actually thinking about starting a thread similar to this one but I am waiting for Frye to have a good game. I dont think Frye would be the 1st pick but I think Frye wouldnt fall to the Knicks. Also, I dont think any Knick fan would be annoyed (gunsnewing) when we picked Channing Frye.
[quote]Posted by Ira:

I still believe that Bynum will eventually be the better player.
Out of interest, why do you think so?

Size, strength, athleticism, long arms, intelligence. He's very young and has a lot to learn, but how good do you think Frye would have been in the nba at 17?
Frye was a late bloomer, Bynum's gonna have weight issues.

Frye's a great pick for what Isiah was trying to accomplish. Hes going to be a great player. On the other hand I firmly believe that Bynum has a great chance to be the type of player who dramatically impacts games. Even that little 4 minute run he had the other night where he had 6 pts 3 reb and a block against the Pacers showed all the signs of what I saw in this kid. Hes just two years away and I doubt sincerely if he ever has weight isues. Have you seen him recently?

RIP Crushalot😞
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
1/15/2006  2:20 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by Ira:
Posted by Silverfuel:

I was actually thinking about starting a thread similar to this one but I am waiting for Frye to have a good game. I dont think Frye would be the 1st pick but I think Frye wouldnt fall to the Knicks. Also, I dont think any Knick fan would be annoyed (gunsnewing) when we picked Channing Frye.
[quote]Posted by Ira:

Size, strength, athleticism, long arms, intelligence. He's very young and has a lot to learn, but how good do you think Frye would have been in the nba at 17?

Frye's a great pick for what Isiah was trying to accomplish. Hes going to be a great player. On the other hand I firmly believe that Bynum has a great chance to be the type of player who dramatically impacts games. Even that little 4 minute run he had the other night where he had 6 pts 3 reb and a block against the Pacers showed all the signs of what I saw in this kid. Hes just two years away and I doubt sincerely if he ever has weight isues. Have you seen him recently?

I think you are overrating Bynum physical attributes. Not even guys in the Lakers front office believe he will be the guy that can dominate games. Jackson wants to get rid of him, and claims he wasn't really consulted about Bynum. From the games that I saw earlier in the season before Kobe went nuts. Bynum physical attributes reminded me of Kevin Duckworth's and Benjamin. Not bad centers at all but not impact guys. He lacks Curry quick first step and doesn't have the same lower body weight that a Shaq or Curry has to really bang at will in the post. See I think Bynum is actually playing at his most productive weight now. I don't think he is a primary scorer but more of a complementary type.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
1/15/2006  2:21 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by Ira:
Posted by Silverfuel:

[quote]Posted by Ira:

I think you are overrating Bynum physical attributes. Not even guys in the Lakers front office believe he will be the guy that can dominate games. Jackson wants to get rid of him, and claims he wasn't really consulted about Bynum. From the games that I saw earlier in the season before Kobe went nuts. Bynum physical attributes reminded me of Kevin Duckworth's and Benjamin. Not bad centers at all but not impact guys. He lacks Curry quick first step and doesn't have the same lower body weight that a Shaq or Curry has to really bang at will in the post. See I think Bynum is actually playing at his most productive weight now. I don't think he is a primary scorer but more of a complementary type.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/15/2006  5:32 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

its a tough one because I am biased and love Frye's game and most of all his aggression and how hard he works. That being said I think based on talent/upside alone (forget team needs) I would pick in the following order:
Paul
Bogut
Frye
Diogu
Bynum
You're still really high on Ike? Ike over Marvin Williams, Granger, CV? There's plenty of other guys I wouldn't pick Ike over either but those three certainly stand out to me.
I've watched him a little bit. I have NOTHING against him. I think he's a very nice prospect. I just don't love him to the extent you do.

jaydh
Member: #96
1/15/2006  6:15 PM
Paul, Ike, Frye...that would be my order.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/15/2006  6:20 PM
Posted by jaydh:

what about Bogut. The kid is quite good and only gettin better http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andrew_bogut/game_by_game_stats.html

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01-15-2006 6:21 PM]
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/15/2006  6:37 PM
marvin williams is not bad, but he is a long way from being a real NBA player. Just curious, why in the hell are a lot of you guys puttign Bogut ahead of Frye and charlie V? and I understand the Diogu love, but top 4? geez, the guy is still short, a good player, but I think he went where he should of or close to it...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
USA
1/15/2006  6:40 PM
Posted by tkf:

marvin williams is not bad, but he is a long way from being a real NBA player. Just curious, why in the hell are a lot of you guys puttign Bogut ahead of Frye and charlie V? and I understand the Diogu love, but top 4? geez, the guy is still short, a good player, but I think he went where he should of or close to it...
I agree with every letter of that post. Bogut and Frye are at the same level right now; Bogut's the better rebounder but Frye does everything on offense better. Diogu is a nice prospect but putting him top 4 is a joke.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/15/2006  6:49 PM
there is a BIG difference between bogut and frye, bogut is STARTING and his team is WINNING. frye can not start b/c he is so weak defensively. bogut is a better player. there's no argument. who'll be better 5 years from now? probably bogut but we can't really tell yet. but bogut is just a better player right now.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
1/15/2006  6:49 PM
I think Frye right now has been better offensively but Bogut rebounds better and is better defensively. I also think that Frye's strength is his jumper, but Bogut has more of a potential for a post-up game and could improve a lot and be as good as Frye offensively in a year or two. Paul is by far the best player in the draft; Marvin wasn't taken for this year, he's a potential player that has the tools to break out and be a real unstoppable force in 2 or 3 years - he's had some great games this year already, but only in spurts.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/15/2006  7:26 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

there is a BIG difference between bogut and frye, bogut is STARTING and his team is WINNING. frye can not start b/c he is so weak defensively. bogut is a better player. there's no argument. who'll be better 5 years from now? probably bogut but we can't really tell yet. but bogut is just a better player right now.

there is not a big difference between them.

you are exaggerating. theres no argument? gimme a break bogut is better rebounder and defender, and frye is a netter scorer inside and out. theres plenty of argument.
djsunyc
1/15/2006  7:31 PM
but frye is not a better player. if he was, he would also be starting for us...AHEAD of a fossil like AD. but he's not. bogut is. yes, frye is more polished offensively in terms of jumpshot, but bogut can score some - they run no plays for him and he's way ahead of frye defensively and on the boards. but like i said, bogut is STARTING, something frye can't do yet, AND his team is winning so it's not like he's starting b/c of a rebuild/youth movement. they're trying to win and can start him. we're trying to win...and are part of a youth movement but we still can't start frye yet. that, to me, means bogut is a better player right now.
Bonn1997
USA
1/15/2006  7:40 PM
Bogut starts and plays 27 mpg. Frye comes off the bench and plays 26 mpg. THAT some how distinguishes the two players. If Frye were starting and playing 1 more mpg he'd be at Bogut's level? I just don't get why you're making such a big difference between starting and coming off the bench when their PT is the same.
djsunyc
1/15/2006  7:44 PM
look who's on the floor in crunch time in the final 5 minutes of games. bogut is...frye isn't. i love frye but that doesn't mean i can't think bogut is just better right now. i've watch a ton of bucks games on league pass. i'm not trying to be argumentative...bogut is just better.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 01-15-2006 7:48 PM]
Ira
Member: #91
1/15/2006  7:55 PM
Diogu is shooting better than 60% from the field. He gets to the line a lot from where he shoots 80%. He's a tough player who outplayed Frye in college when the two teams played (6 times in their careers as they were in the same conference).
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/15/2006  8:29 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

Paul
Bogut
Frye
Diogu
Bynum
I've watched him a little bit. I have NOTHING against him. I think he's a very nice prospect. I just don't love him to the extent you do.
like what? A 3 second clip on Sportscenter? I call bullsh!t... and your fulla it. Go ahead... snit away. Glad you found something "interesting" in the thread to reply about. LOL

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jaydh
Member: #96
1/15/2006  8:39 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by jaydh:

what about Bogut. The kid is quite good and only gettin better http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andrew_bogut/game_by_game_stats.html

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01-15-2006 6:21 PM]

i'd take those 3 first.
"If there's a do-over on the NBA draft, is there any doubt that Channing Frye is the first pick?"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy