[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

aguirre: curry is the most athletic knick
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/15/2006  2:38 AM
After the Atlanta game they had the usual post game show. I don't like the guy that hosts it by the way, reminds me of a drunk yankees fan after a loss.

Anyway aguirre was interviewed and he said he thought curry was the most athletic player on the knicks. Right off the bat the host says yeah what about Nate. I thought the same, but if you think about how big curry is and how he moves around aguirre has a huge point. Dude is 6' 11". Curry is a major freak. There is no one like him in the league not named shaq. Aguirre also pointed out that curry does not know how to play the game. He restated that Chicago snap on how he doesn't know how he got this far and has no idea how to play his position.

I just thought that was cool. I like the way aguirre talks about the game. He says a lot of things that I grew up hearing about the game of basketball. I just like the dude a lot.

I just can't wait till curry learns the game and starts destroying the centers around the league. Who out there is better than curry now? There is definately room for improvement....watch out league when he does.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree

1/15/2006  2:50 AM
Sorry about the multiple threads. I'm using my blackberry and the thing just went a little nuts on me.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
1/15/2006  3:51 AM
I get the feeling that Curry picks things up slowly. Aguirre is developing a reputation as a very intelligent coach.
Ira
Member: #91
1/15/2006  7:06 AM
Since you just started a Curry thread, I'll put this Curry interview with the Post's Steve Serby in it.

January 15, 2006 -- The Post's Steve Serby chatted this past week with the 23-year-old Knick center about life on and off the court in the big city:
Q: Did you like the nickname Baby Shaq when they gave to you?

A: No. Those are huge shoes to fill. Every night you step on the court, they're looking for some kind of Shaq-like performance. I'm not at his level yet.

Q: Can you reach that level?

A: Definitely. I get better every year, and under Coach Brown the sky's the limit for me.

Q: The first time you went against Shaq?

A: Scary. My rookie year. I didn't get many minutes, but when I got out there against him it was crazy. I never played against anybody that big.

Q: Did he know you were Baby Shaq?

A: I used to be on this show called "Preps," and he watched it all the time, and that loosened me up 'cause that's the first thing he told me: "I used to watch your show."

Q: You don't think the work-ethic knock on you is fair?

A: The beauty of the NBA is you always have an opportunity to change what people think about you. I definitely intend on doing that.

Q: Charles Oakley?

A: My guy. When I first came into the league, he was with the Bulls and he took me under his wing. I talk to him all the time.

Q: You wear his number (34).

A: Charles accomplished a lot in New York. Those are big shoes to fill.

Q: You still call your mom before every game?

A: Right before I pull up to the arena, I'm on the phone with her.

Q: You were teased as a kid?

A: I was bigger than all the teachers and students. People picked on me all the time until I started playing basketball and getting good at it.

Q: Your mom encouraged you?

A: She assured me that God made me this big for a reason, and that one day I was gonna be in the NBA and have the last laugh.

Q: Favorite tattoo?

A: My kids' faces on my back. Three big faces.

Q: Found a tattoo place in Manhattan yet?

A: Stephon introduced me to a tattoo guy named Puppet.

Q: How many tattoos do you have?

A: About 50.

Q: Favorite meal?

A: Fried catfish.

Q: Where do you get that?

A: I got a chef here.

Q: How long have you had him?

A: About two months. I wanted to eat healthy foods.

Q: Does he live with you?

A: Me and my wife, and my kids.

Q: How many kids do you have?

A: Three. My one son doesn't live with me, though. He lives in Chicago with his mom.

Q: Funniest Knick?

A: Malik Rose. He can quote any movie; it's hilarious.

Q: Best-dressed Knick?

A: Myself.

Q: Describe your style of dress?

A: Grown up and sophisticated. Professional.

Q: Most embarrassing moment?

A: Started giving a speech in eighth grade in front of my whole class. I froze up for like a minute-and-a-half, didn't say nothing. Saw those people looking at me and I just couldn't get nothin' out. I ended up just saying like, "I'm gonna miss you guys ... bye," walked off the stage. It was crazy.

Q: Favorite New York things?

A: I never been to a place that's so lit up, other than Vegas.

Q: Worst thing about New York?

A: Traffic.

Q: Do you get recognized in traffic?

A: I'm in the backseat with tinted windows so nobody sees me.

Q: Who's driving?

A: I got a driver.

Q: A chef, a driver ... you have everything!

A: I had to make myself comfortable. I plan on being here for a long time.

Q: How did you meet your wife?

A: I saw her at a shopping mall. I had somebody walk up to her for me.

Q: You got everybody doing everything for you!

A: I'm shy, man. I'm scared to walk up to a girl, so I had one of my friends tell her I was in a rush, but I would love to talk to her and she could exchange numbers with me. She did it.

Q: She called you or you called her?

A: Like two months later I called her.

Q: Best thing about being Eddy Curry?

A: Just waking up every day and knowing you're part of the NBA.

Q: Favorite Garden celebrities?

A: I love Spike Lee. I grew up watching him. He was just as much of the team as anybody else. And Donald Trump.

Q: Larry Brown?

A: One of the most unique people you'll meet. He's so intense, and he believes so deeply in what he's doing and playing basketball the right way.

Q: Other than your wife, who would you want on a deserted island with you?

A: Beyonce ... and my chef.

Q: Do you regret not going to DePaul out of high school?

A: No. I still want to get my education, but I love where I am now. And who knows if I'da went there that everything would turn out the same way?

Q: What would people be surprised to learn about you?

A: That I'm a very quiet person, a very nice person. Some people think I'm some kind of mean, intimidating person.

Q: Worst habit?

A: I have a hard time being on time.

Q: Pet peeve?

A: People touching me. On our team we got a lot of young guys and they always want to poke at you and tickle you and stuff and I really hate that.

Q: Idols growing up other than Michael Jordan?

A: Magic Johnson. And Gale Sayers, even though he was before my time. I read a lot of books about him.

Q: Three dinner guests?

A: Dr. King. Tupac. Jay-Z.

Q: Favorite athlete outside basketball? A: Mike Vick.

Q: Favorite movie?

A: "Oceans 12."

Q: Favorite singer?

A: Jay-Z.

Q: Your health is good?

A: My health is great.

Q: Heart's great?

A: Yup.
TheSage
Member: #386
1/15/2006  7:45 AM
He sounds like a decent kid
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/15/2006  8:27 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

Sorry about the multiple threads. I'm using my blackberry and the thing just went a little nuts on me.
stay off the crackberry!
Remember he was the 4th pick for a good reason. Combo of monster wingspan, size and agility. 22-23 isnt too late develop better work habits.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/15/2006  8:43 AM
People touching me. On our team we got a lot of young guys and they always want to poke at you and tickle you and stuff
TymeLessKnicks
Member: #1050
Sweden
1/15/2006  9:21 AM
y is that all these guys have kids and are married... AT 22!!!!
Had enough Melo?
medannyboi
Member: #1076
USA
1/15/2006  10:14 AM
itz good to hear that he has a personal chef to prepare him healthy meals. he needs to get in better shape so he can stay on the floor longer. increased stamina will also help his interior defense and that is very crucial because that will help make up for frye's weakness
EnySpree

1/15/2006  10:46 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
People touching me. On our team we got a lot of young guys and they always want to poke at you and tickle you and stuff

Ariza and Frye like to play that game. I've seen them doing that alot during games. That is a weird game for grown men to be playing. I guess they are still stuck in junior high mode.
EnySpree

1/15/2006  10:49 AM
Compare Curry to the rest of the centers in the league......

From an athletic standpoint, who is better?

Who is better than him period?
Bonn1997
USA
1/15/2006  10:50 AM
I do that to my girlfriend but not to grown men! Whatever builds team chemistry I guess!
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
1/15/2006  10:58 AM
develop better work habits.

if curry can that part right, putting up ewing-like numbers should not be too difficult
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
bigbeast
Member: #1060

1/15/2006  12:38 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Compare Curry to the rest of the centers in the league......

From an athletic standpoint, who is better?

Who is better than him period?

I love Curry's athleticism and power. Before long, while Shaq is playing Miami Vice down on south beach, Curry will be one of the elite Centers in this league. Hers a list of some centers who I think Curry is at least on the same level with or just a notch below right now.

Brad Miller (better shooter/passer at this point)
Yao
Camby (better shotblocker/help defender)
Dalembert (read camby)
Ben Wallace (read Dalembert)
Kaman (tanacious rebounder/defender)
Okur (not really a center...)
Illguaskus (solid)

Curry has the potential to more dominant (except for maybe Yao) than all of the above mentioned centers especially on the offensive end.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
nyshakespeare
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #420
USA
1/15/2006  1:27 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

After the Atlanta game they had the usual post game show. I don't like the guy that hosts it by the way, reminds me of a drunk yankees fan after a loss.

Anyway aguirre was interviewed and he said he thought curry was the most athletic player on the knicks. Right off the bat the host says yeah what about Nate. I thought the same, but if you think about how big curry is and how he moves around aguirre has a huge point. Dude is 6' 11". Curry is a major freak. There is no one like him in the league not named shaq. Aguirre also pointed out that curry does not know how to play the game. He restated that Chicago snap on how he doesn't know how he got this far and has no idea how to play his position.

I just thought that was cool. I like the way aguirre talks about the game. He says a lot of things that I grew up hearing about the game of basketball. I just like the dude a lot.

I just can't wait till curry learns the game and starts destroying the centers around the league. Who out there is better than curry now? There is definately room for improvement....watch out league when he does.

Didn't Aguirre used to praise Sweets the same way when he was here too?
It Is Solved By Walking
Bonn1997
USA
1/15/2006  5:36 PM
I had great seats today and got a good look at Curry. He looks like he's still 20 pounds off his ideal weight. Jamal is even skinnier in person. He might be the skinniest player in the entire league.
aguirre: curry is the most athletic knick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy