[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Insane Threads: Knicks vs. the pile-o-craptors, Lucky 7 is within reach!
Author Thread
Travla
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #723
USA
1/15/2006  3:29 PM
You guys have a good day. We will win tomorrow.....bet on it!! I'm outta here!!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
AUTOADVERT
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
1/15/2006  3:30 PM
lets see 129 in regulation, and 133 in 3OTs to the suns...i really hope the old knicks from 2005 arent back..i hope we truly turned a new page, good teams bounce back after an ass whoopin like the won we took...we'll see how good we are 2morrow
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
1/15/2006  3:34 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

You know what's funny, once every sports site has us in their cover story, stating how great we are playing, we just play a stinker.

Whats funny about it is nate is featured a lot in those cover page pics. He's gonna be a lot more popular if he does get into the dunk contest. Espn, when i checked a minute ago,however still has a pic with marbs, KT and JYD...whats going on there..??? I guess it was easier for them to find a pic rom last season
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/15/2006  3:35 PM
it's funny, but whenever a team goes on a major win streak, they usually lose in a blowout. not just us but many teams in the league. that's just how it goes.

now, the important thing is that we win 6 of 7 instead of losing 3 of 4 over the next week.
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
1/15/2006  3:40 PM
exactly DJ, we cant win 6 and than lose 6...we need to win our next 2 before we face detroit
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/15/2006  3:45 PM
back to earth in a NY minute

probably a good thing

points out our defecencies and shows we may have been getting WAY ahead of ourselves.

We still have poor D, we havent even played that great of D during the 6 games, its just that we outscored people

we dont have a 6-7 guy who can stop guys thats why i have been pining for ruben patterson. we need a 3 who can guard their man. david lee is a good player, but he gets toasted on the D badly.

relying on nate to score 15 points 5 reb and 4 a will be tough. hes a good little player, but i still think for the first year or two[hes only 21] he should be a spark plug 10-15 minute combo 4th guard. for all the strambolis who dont want steve francis--are you nuts??????

i still see us as

C-Curry
F Frye
SF--0
SG--0
PG--Marbury
6th man Crawford
Combo F Lee
F[for now Taylor]
4th guard--Nate

so we need a full-sized SF a SG, another big or two so that we can reaplce davis and posibly taylor long term--Taylor is a wait and see --but davis must be replaced.

guys that i do not think fit here or just plain want gonzo
j james
q -rich
malik rose
penny

if i can get ariza to sign a cheap 3 yr contract with a 4th year option, i would do it oR I may very well dump him in an add on in a trade.

jackie butler --young some skills, but a plodder and slow.
RIP Crushalot😞
King1
Member: #998
USA
1/15/2006  3:56 PM
Briggs Lee has played a total of 10 games at the three and your ready to presume he cant play the three. He played Rose and Graham well today. Lee was the only guy that played hard today. How about let the kid play the year and see what he can do instead of bringing in a thug like Patterson. There are reason why Patterson and Wells are traded they arent high quality people.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/15/2006  4:12 PM
Posted by NYKniCksFan87:

exactly DJ, we cant win 6 and than lose 6...we need to win our next 2 before we face detroit

Yeah man. We can't get down on the team. It wasn't defense. Toronto was just hot. Jalen had his best game of the season in the 2nd quarter alone. Bonner and Peterson bosh and the rest just followed. It was just contagious.

Anyway no team can go undefeated for too long. Knicks just gotta take Minnesota. The t-wolves to me are a terrible team.

Go knicks!!!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/15/2006  4:28 PM
I only saw the 1st quarter. Channing's D on Bosh looked bad. Did that keep up that way for the game?
BRIGGS
1/15/2006  6:05 PM
Posted by King1:

Briggs Lee has played a total of 10 games at the three and your ready to presume he cant play the three. He played Rose and Graham well today. Lee was the only guy that played hard today. How about let the kid play the year and see what he can do instead of bringing in a thug like Patterson. There are reason why Patterson and Wells are traded they arent high quality people.

David Lee has been great. He's helped the club turn it around. I dont mind if he starts bt somehwre we need a 3 who can defend the fluid 3 man. I dont think he did a good job on Rose now, do you? I mean rose was quiet all year and he toasted and roasted david pretty well. Its a learning process --were not there yet, those 6 wins had a nice way of hiding some things.
RIP Crushalot😞
King1
Member: #998
USA
1/15/2006  6:29 PM
Briggs Rose scored about 17 points when Lee was in the bencdh to start the quarter. Actually he gave rose trouble and even the announcers said he was giving Rose problems. Lee guarded Graham all day and actually Rose had the drive to the basket and the push off against him. So there are people he wont be able to guard but he seems to be surprising people. After the Charlotte game he was to small to rebound and he is this team best rebounder. He is going to average close to a double-double when he starts to get confidence in his offensive game. He is playing a position that he has never played and learning against the best. he will be an adequate defender before the year is out. This team needs a lot of help, and with the expiring contracts they will have a chance to next year to help this team.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
1/15/2006  6:30 PM
lee just isn't quick enough to guard a lot of threes - it's not his fault. he's a bigger guy and gets way more rebounds than most 3's and can guard big 3's, but i agree, we need a guy who can slow down quicker, more athletic 3s - that's what i think ariza needs to become.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/15/2006  6:32 PM
Mo Pete was shooting over Marbury all game too. Eventually we're gonna need more height in the starting backcourt (i.e., Nate shouldn't be the long-term starting backcourt mate of Steph).

Lee doesn't have close to enough foot speed to guard most 3s. These are two areas that need to be addressed and I certainly expect that they will be addressed.
attaboy2005
Member: #992

1/15/2006  7:01 PM
Lee did alright is was the overall team effort or lack of on defense that hurt this team today, don't put it on Lee!. This constant need to point the finger at one position or person has become a ridiculous thing on this forum, this team wins as a team and loses as a team, don't make anything more of it than that.
AkiliNYK
Member: #991

1/15/2006  8:51 PM
Personally I like Lee better starting at the 4 than Frye yes Frye can score but Lee's rebounding, Defence, and Hustle are Leaps and bounds ahead of Fryes. Also Lee is working on his offence if the kid continues to progress as he is he will be better than Frye and stronger. I would love to see
C:Curry
PF:Lee
SF:Artest(Dream but I would give up Frye, Nate for him)
SG: WE need one
PG: Marbury
6th JC
7th Mo or Frye is we dont trade him
8th NAte
9th Richardson.

[Edited by - AkiliNYK on 01-15-2006 8:52 PM]
I welcome the knicks youth movment its refreshing to see players without pig cartelege in there knee playing for us.
BRIGGS
1/16/2006  12:57 AM
Posted by AkiliNYK:

Personally I like Lee better starting at the 4 than Frye yes Frye can score but Lee's rebounding, Defence, and Hustle are Leaps and bounds ahead of Fryes. Also Lee is working on his offence if the kid continues to progress as he is he will be better than Frye and stronger. I would love to see
C:Curry
PF:Lee
SF:Artest(Dream but I would give up Frye, Nate for him)
SG: WE need one
PG: Marbury
6th JC
7th Mo or Frye is we dont trade him
8th NAte
9th Richardson.

[Edited by - AkiliNYK on 01-15-2006 8:52 PM]

ikind of focused on channing today. He needs tomove his feet better on defense. He's like a statue, thats why Bosh was spinning off him like he was standing still. If he doesnt move his feet more, hes going to continue to be picked on and accumulate fouls. one problem that is not talked about is that our BIGS are not good defenders. when you have a poor first line of defense and a poor second line, well the oher team is going toscore a lot.

when lee was inserted into the SL--three things happened--#1we increased our rebounding[which is a facet of defense[not allowing 2nd shots] lee nate and davis also are the group of tougher guys on the club.
#2 it created a way for us to OUTSCORE teams with our second unit. if we can play to a standstill with unit 1, we lead the league with points off the bench--so do a little math--we should win some games that way.
#3 it stopped the wild fluctuations and took guys out who were detrimental to the squad.

the formula should work a bit until teams figure it out, we will come back to earth here a bit. like we both said, we have a lot of needs

im not going to say this move is great this move scks, but i will say one fish that we REALLY REALLY couldve used ws G Wallace. If he was on the team, wed be close to .500
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/16/2006  12:40 PM
We had no way to get Gerald Wallace. He was a RESTRICTED FA. Teams didn't make him offers because they expected the Bobcats to match any offer.
Insane Threads: Knicks vs. the pile-o-craptors, Lucky 7 is within reach!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy