[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah's a gambler... thank god he had to fold on Dampier while pulling a full boat on Curry
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/14/2006  9:16 PM
Isiah's gambling can ruin or save our franchise. Its reckless, and it would be nice if he were more methodical in his approach considering how well he drafts. Apparently its not in his nature.

How close were we to getting Dampier at $10mm a year? Remember the Isiah love fest? Him spouting "the MLE wont do, we have to get him the money he deserves, bla bla bla"

Dampier is on the verge of losing his job to Diop or Keith Van horn (talk about hitting a bottom)

There were articles today saying that people inside the Mav's organization feel they should have waived Dampier instead of Finely and just cut their losses. Ouch... there's a lucky near miss for us.

Which brings us to Curry. I said earlier this season would go as far as Curry and Marbury would take us. I'm starting to like that road.

Isiah gambled a HUGE hand. Because of the picks if EC got hurt, couldnt play (heart) or really just was fat and lazy we could be talking for 15 years about missing Aldridge, Rudy or Oden. But alas the early review is EC is as good as full house. He's working hard, getting into shape, playing well on both sides and is a perfect fit for a team with a 3 guard rotation that is living on beating guys off the dribble.

Of all the guys that camp out under the rim and collect garbage points on putbacks and nasty dunk putbacks at that I would put Curry in the elite group of Dwight Howard, Big Ben and Brand. He's slimmer, quicker and explosive right now and he's the key to our frontcourt.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/14/2006  9:19 PM
I'm with you. And I must admit I was drooling for Dampier, we needed a big guy and I thought he'd do well. Needless to say I was wrong, and Diop is now their starting center.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/14/2006  9:25 PM
All GMs have occasional rejected offers that would have worked out poorly anyway; this Dampier example is hardly something unique to Isiah. And if Dampier were here: Maybe Larry would get him to play harder like he's gotten Mo Taylor, Jamal, Steph and others to do. Sure Eddy was a risk too; it was a calculated--and intelligently calculated--risk. Relying on draft picks is no risk free approach either. Sorry I don't see anything interesting in this thread.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 01-14-2006 9:28 PM]
attaboy2005
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #992

1/14/2006  10:43 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

I'm with you. And I must admit I was drooling for Dampier, we needed a big guy and I thought he'd do well. Needless to say I was wrong, and Diop is now their starting center.

Somebody said Diop wouldn't be a starting center. LOL
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/14/2006  11:06 PM
I just wish Isiah got top three protection for the 2007 pick.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
1/15/2006  1:48 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

All GMs have occasional rejected offers that would have worked out poorly anyway; this Dampier example is hardly something unique to Isiah. And if Dampier were here: Maybe Larry would get him to play harder like he's gotten Mo Taylor, Jamal, Steph and others to do. Sure Eddy was a risk too; it was a calculated--and intelligently calculated--risk. Relying on draft picks is no risk free approach either. Sorry I don't see anything interesting in this thread.

We have another underachieving center that Brown hasn't made him play harder. Forgot him? It depends on how willing the players are, and the best you can say abut Dampier is that he plays like a great center... when his contract is about to expire. If he doesn't give a damn about being the starting center of the third best team in the league, then what makes you think that with Brown in NY it would've worked out? Just ask Big Lame...
Knicks_Fan
BigRedDog
Member: #569
1/15/2006  2:02 AM

Posted by Rich:

2006 OR 2007? Theres no way knicks will be worst 3 in 2007 . at this point the knicks might not even have to switch picks in 2007
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
fishmike
USA
1/15/2006  7:23 AM
Sorry I don't see anything interesting in this thread.
then dont freakin post.
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
1/15/2006  7:53 AM
Posted by Rich:

I thought top three protection is automatic on a trade. Am I wrong?

Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
1/15/2006  7:58 AM
Posted by Rich:

True. But I still don't see anyone worth more than Curry in this year's draft. Everyone keeps talking about the "Big O" but he can't come out until next season. I would expect and hope that the KNicks aren't in a position to be giving up him next season. So it doesn't bother me. I am kinda bum that we won't have a shot a Brewer but I wouldn't give up Curry for him. Briggs is right we were fortunate in many ways to get Curry. It is so hard to get bigs in this league. Look at like this Jerome James was plan A until Curry came along. Diop, Steven Hunter were Plan Bs. Huge drop offs. I can't even begin to talk about these guys in the lottery anymore. They are so hit and miss it is nuts. The curse of the #2 pick seems to be stronger than ever.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Rich
USA
1/15/2006  8:06 AM
Posted by BigRedDog:

Posted by Rich:

2006 OR 2007? Theres no way knicks will be worst 3 in 2007 . at this point the knicks might not even have to switch picks in 2007

2007. I hear ya, but stuff can happen. In that unlikely event, Chicago shouldn't reap an unintended windfall.
Rich
USA
1/15/2006  8:08 AM
Posted by Ira:
Posted by Rich:

I thought top three protection is automatic on a trade. Am I wrong?

It's not automatic.
Rich
USA
1/15/2006  8:10 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Rich:

True. But I still don't see anyone worth more than Curry in this year's draft. Everyone keeps talking about the "Big O" but he can't come out until next season. I would expect and hope that the KNicks aren't in a position to be giving up him next season. So it doesn't bother me. I am kinda bum that we won't have a shot a Brewer but I wouldn't give up Curry for him. Briggs is right we were fortunate in many ways to get Curry. It is so hard to get bigs in this league. Look at like this Jerome James was plan A until Curry came along. Diop, Steven Hunter were Plan Bs. Huge drop offs. I can't even begin to talk about these guys in the lottery anymore. They are so hit and miss it is nuts. The curse of the #2 pick seems to be stronger than ever.

I was referring to 2007. Sorry for any confusion.
fishmike
USA
1/15/2006  8:21 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:

True. But I still don't see anyone worth more than Curry in this year's draft.
that depends on which Curry your getting. If its the fat out of shape Curry that couldnt stay on the floor then I beg to differ. If its the curry we have seen in the last 2-3 weeks I'm on board with you. The problem is if something happens to the guy you have left yourself in a monster hole

Bonn1997
USA
1/15/2006  8:37 AM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:

We have another underachieving center that Brown hasn't made him play harder. Forgot him? It depends on how willing the players are, and the best you can say abut Dampier is that he plays like a great center... when his contract is about to expire. If he doesn't give a damn about being the starting center of the third best team in the league, then what makes you think that with Brown in NY it would've worked out? Just ask Big Lame...
That's a good point. We probably wouldn't have Jerome James right now if we had Dampier.

Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
1/15/2006  8:41 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Pharzeone:

that depends on which Curry your getting. If its the fat out of shape Curry that couldnt stay on the floor then I beg to differ. If its the curry we have seen in the last 2-3 weeks I'm on board with you. The problem is if something happens to the guy you have left yourself in a monster hole

Agreed. I am not concern with Curry's heart anymore. The fact that he is now being asked for in trades again mean alot to me, and the fact that the Chicago press is on Paxson for not keeping the guy especially after the Knicks got insurance also makes me feel better. I am not sure that Curry would be performing like this if he stayed in Chicago though. I think the job that they have been doing with him is incredible. I think Curry is capable of more than 20 and 8 a nite. I think he can caused more problems for defenses. The way he is playing now he demands an automatic double anywhere near the post, that's Ewing's stuff. When learns to pass of the post he would be a triple threat and when our guards learn to reset him after the pass out, watch out. Oden and Wright are the only guys I think I like better than him right now.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Bonn1997
USA
1/15/2006  8:44 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Pharzeone:

I doubt he would have hired a chef if he didn't intend to remain in shape
nyshakespeare
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #420
USA
1/15/2006  1:39 PM
You got to know when to hold ’em, know when to fold ’em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when you’re sittin’ at the table.
There’ll be time enough for countin’ when the dealin’s done.

Now ev’ry gambler knows that the secret to survivin’
Is knowin’ what to throw away and knowing what to keep.
’cause ev’ry hand’s a winner and ev’ry hand’s a loser,
And the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep.

Much respect to Kenny Rogers & whoever photoshopped that pic.
It Is Solved By Walking
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/15/2006  3:23 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Pharzeone:

Yeah but fried catfish
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/15/2006  10:00 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Pharzeone:

Yeah but fried catfish
Hey man, its fish. It could be spare ribs and mac and cheese.

But yeah, fried catfish isn't exactly the dinner food of champions.
Isiah's a gambler... thank god he had to fold on Dampier while pulling a full boat on Curry

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy