[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Target: Wally
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/14/2006  6:21 PM
I think we could get him really cheaply. With no cap room, no ability to take back salary in trades, and mediocre draft picks, the Wolves are headed for multiple years of late draft lottery status and wasting Garnett's prime. Wally's overpaid but he's a good baller with a good attitude. His deadly shooting would perfectly compliment Frye's and Curry's inside games and Steph's ability to penetrate and draw defenders.

AD for Wally OR
if the Wolves want extra cap space

Penny for Wally, Troy Hudson, Eddie Griffin
OR
Penny for Wally, Marko Jaric

The latter two moves put the Wolves about $10 mil under rather than $10 mil over the salary cap. They can try to get their "Steve Nash" to join KG like the Suns did after the Marbury cap clearing trade. We get their solid players.
AUTOADVERT
JUNKMEIN
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #797
1/14/2006  6:32 PM
Bonn we're really a high end small forward away from being an elite team from a talent standpoint. Wally can shoot but he's not even close to an upper echelon SF.

Imo we should target Rashad Lewis with whatever combination of Penny and filler possible.

I honestly would like to keep AD at this point because he sets an excellent example with on and off court veteran leadership and work ethic.

But Isiah....get Rashad...because Artest is out of the question.
Bonn1997
USA
1/14/2006  6:33 PM
Rashard is certainly another possibility. I think Wally's outside shooting would be wonderful on this team but I'd actually rank Rashard slightly higher than Wally. I think it would take more to get him, though. Isiah will have good options to use before the trade deadline.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/14/2006  6:34 PM
I think it's time to make the payroll less obscene.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/14/2006  6:46 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I think we could get him really cheaply. With no cap room, no ability to take back salary in trades, and mediocre draft picks, the Wolves are headed for multiple years of late draft lottery status and wasting Garnett's prime. Wally's overpaid but he's a good baller with a good attitude. His deadly shooting would perfectly compliment Frye's and Curry's inside games and Steph's ability to penetrate and draw defenders.

AD for Wally OR

OR

The latter two moves put the Wolves about $10 mil under rather than $10 mil over the salary cap. They can try to get their "Steve Nash" to join KG like the Suns did after the Marbury cap clearing trade. We get their solid players.

Wow, Bonn finally admits that it's a good thing to be under the cap since it gives you the financial flexibility to aquire MVP quality players when you otherwise couldn't being over the cap.

That's a great start Bonn. I'm very proud of you. Admitting it is half the battle.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
JUNKMEIN
1/14/2006  6:59 PM
He didn't say anything about being under the cap being a good thing for us. He only stated why Minn would be motivated to trade Wally to us (sans the thread title: WALLY).

It seems to me that Bonn realizes that we also need a small forward too...thusly. Are you just trying to pick a fight with him...because I missed the humor or suggestion? Please explain.

Isles, sparing us a history of how the cap affects ones ability to bring in free agents, who, what SF do you think we should target?

[Edited by - Junkmein on 01-14-2006 7:00 PM]
Bonn1997
USA
1/14/2006  7:06 PM
Never said it was bad to be under the cap. The cap approach is merely ONE OF MANY ways that CAN work. It is bad to be under the cap, sell your fans on the notion your gonna get a star with the cap room, and end up using the cap room poorly like many (but not all) of the team with cap room operate.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 01-14-2006 7:07 PM]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/14/2006  7:09 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

AD for Wally OR

OR

why would the t-wolves trade essentially one of their two prized possessions for nothing? what kind of business sense is that. their gm had it right when he put guys like cassell and spree aroudn those players, but has failed miserable on the second attempt. If they do decide to go in another direction, they certainly can get a HIGH caliber prospect and a lottery pick for wally.

i still favor ruben patterson. we still have a great desire for D. we need a shut down type defender. we have recently just been outscoring teams, but that could break down. his contract isnt huge and there are trade exemptions around the league that come within 20% or we can get superman to spin tiem back so we can offer the full mLE to G Wallace. since that is not happening, i would keep my eyes on ruben-- cheap and what we need.
RIP Crushalot😞
JUNKMEIN
1/14/2006  7:11 PM
Bonn, I just read the Chris Sheridan Knicks grade thread. I didn't realize that you guys had been going at it for awhile. Sorry for interjecting myself into it. Sorry dude.

What a way to spend a nice rainy Saturday

At ease.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/14/2006  7:20 PM
Posted by JUNKMEIN:

Bonn, I just read the Chris Sheridan Knicks grade thread. I didn't realize that you guys had been going at it for awhile. Sorry for interjecting myself into it. Sorry dude.

What a way to spend a nice rainy Saturday

At ease.

What, I don't get an apology too?

Geez, I was just trying to compliment Bonn. Is that so wrong?

Oh and I hate to nitpick but I think you meant to say "Hence, the thread title: WALLY". Sans means without.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
JUNKMEIN
1/14/2006  7:25 PM
Was that last post meant for me or Bonn?
Bonn1997
USA
1/14/2006  7:25 PM
why would the t-wolves trade essentially one of their two prized possessions for nothing?
It's an expensive prize that's not enough to lead them anywhere and is eating their cap room. What would work better for the Wolves, Briggs: having Wally team up with KG and continuing to be a lottery team or finding a true star, maybe not even of Steve Nash's MVP calibre, to team up with KG? A core of Wally, KG, and nothing is fool's gold.
BigC
Member: #829
1/14/2006  10:09 PM
Wally is playing great basketball as of late. Mchale will never trade Wally. I could see Garnett leaving that team before Wally leaves that team. Even when Wally and Garnett were going through their yearly feuds, McHale did not pull the trigger. So I seriously doubt that Kevin is going to pull the trigger now.

My ideal sf would be Rashard Lewis, but I don't think that will happen either.
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
1/14/2006  10:14 PM
I guess the wolves are now what islesfan is afraid that NY will be. stuck in mediocrity.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/14/2006  10:39 PM
I don't think this gets that done, I think this is a pipe dream. Wally is playing well ona team that is doing decent. If they tank it could be an option, but even then it seems unlikely to me.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/14/2006  11:06 PM
we don't need another one dimensional offensive player.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/15/2006  2:36 AM
YOUR target is Wally. That's why YOU'RE not that GM of the Knicks
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bonn1997
USA
1/15/2006  8:47 AM
I thought you'd love Wally. He's taller but he has a lot of similarities to Allan Houston. Who's your target?
Ira
Member: #91
1/15/2006  10:05 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I thought you'd love Wally. He's taller but he has a lot of similarities to Allan Houston. Who's your target?

That's the way I've always though of Wally - a tougher Allan Houston.

Bonn1997
USA
1/15/2006  10:38 AM
Posted by Ira:
Posted by Bonn1997:

That's the way I've always though of Wally - a tougher Allan Houston.
We have young players with upside. I'm looking for a good, tough player who compliments Frye, Curry, and Marbury. (If you can get Rashard cheap like junkmein suggested, you go for him over Wally.)

Target: Wally

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy