Baker going to the Celts
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/22/2002  11:00 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/0722/1408668.html

Along with Shammond for Kenny A, Vitaly Potapenko and Joe Forte.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
7/23/2002  7:33 AM
Boston sorta got a steal but at the same time they screwed themselves. Celts have pretty much sealed their fate. Celt cannot make any moves for any other player without giving up one of their stars. Thry took on the gigantic contract of Baker and are stuck for 4 years. Im glad Layden didnt make that mistake. They have no tradable commodities anymore. This forces the Knicks to go big (KT wont cut it at C).
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/23/2002  8:59 AM
I'm wondering if this is in response to the Knicks aquiring McDyess....Boston now has someone to match up against his low post play.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/23/2002  9:17 AM
Posted by falcindor:

Boston sorta got a steal but at the same time they screwed themselves. Celts have pretty much sealed their fate. Celt cannot make any moves for any other player without giving up one of their stars. Thry took on the gigantic contract of Baker and are stuck for 4 years. Im glad Layden didnt make that mistake. They have no tradable commodities anymore. This forces the Knicks to go big (KT wont cut it at C).
the C's still have kedrick brown, eric williams, tony battie, etc - all of those guys ARE tradeable.
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
7/23/2002  10:48 AM
Posted by falcindor:

(KT wont cut it at C).
KT put up good numbers last year playing center. Why wouldn't he do it again? KT is quicker than most centers and as strong, if not stronger than most centers in the east. He lacks center height, but it doesn't matter. KT can bang with the big boys.
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/23/2002  11:03 AM
Posted by LJ2:
Posted by falcindor:

(KT wont cut it at C).
KT put up good numbers last year playing center. Why wouldn't he do it again? KT is quicker than most centers and as strong, if not stronger than most centers in the east. He lacks center height, but it doesn't matter. KT can bang with the big boys.
i think we should try and sign keon clark to a 3 year contract for the mid-level exception - or see if rashard lewis is legit in wanting to sign here for the midlevel exception.

keep kt, trade weatherspoon/harrington. if we can get keon, trade kt and eisley for vanX (despite him being a cancer)
nwny
Member: #284
7/23/2002  4:40 PM

As long as we keep Spree (which I think we should), we have to get more height at center. I would also like to see KT play center next to Dice at PF, but it's to risky. We got outrounded almost every game last sason. We more height at C than KT can give us. WE need to solid rebounders/shot blockers. The best situation would be to get Collin, Doleac, and keep Kurt. That way we go into training camp with different styles at center. Then we could test which styles workd best (wins games) with the core (Dice, Spree, AH).
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
7/23/2002  6:06 PM
I wouldnt worry too much about big fatty going to Celtic land - all he will do is continue to balloon in size.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/23/2002  6:17 PM
In my opinion, Kurt Thomas is more fit to play center then Keon Clark, who many say plays small forward best. Thomas is stronger then Keon, has better low post moves and can step out in hit a 15' all while being able to at least put up a fight against centers, while Keon doesn't have a lick of muscle. I'd be happy with Kurt/Doleac at our center positions. I can't count many teams that can always have a guy that's 6'10" always on the floor. Knicks could just rotate McDyess and Harrington at PF and then Kurt, Doleac, (and Knight if any in foul trouble) at C. I don't see why it's such a high priority to use the entire salary exception, if there isn't any talent out there, don't just sign people.

However, I did here that the T'Wolves were thinking of not signing Loren Woods due to the luxury. Woods seems to be similar to Keon Clark/Marcus Camby, skinny, but plays with intensity and above the rim. I wouldn't mind signing him to the rest of the exception for a year or so, just to add another body.
#Knickstaps
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/23/2002  6:28 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

However, I did here that the T'Wolves were thinking of not signing Loren Woods due to the luxury. Woods seems to be similar to Keon Clark/Marcus Camby, skinny, but plays with intensity and above the rim. I wouldn't mind signing him to the rest of the exception for a year or so, just to add another body.

I'm all for signing youth, and that is a good idea. I am still waiting to hear news about NYK / Clark negotiations...
It's starting to look like Doleac...maybe Collins....
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Baker going to the Celts

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy