[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks/Grizzlies
Author Thread
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
7/22/2002  10:59 PM
I'm not saying that i think this trade WILL happen or anything...I'm just putting out there so we can try to find those "left-field" trades...

Knicks trade: Sprewell, Ward, Harrington
Knicks get: Lorenzen Wright, Micheal Dickerson, (MAYBE Swift? - if we can, but i dunno if memphis would give him up)

Dickerson plays the 3, Wright plays the 5

C: Wright/Thomas
PF: Dice/Weatherspoon
SF: Dickerson/(SWIFT?)/Shandon
SG: Houston/Postell
PG: Williams/Eisley

Grizzlies lineup:

C: Gasol/Trybanski
PF: Gooden/Massenberg
SF: Battier/(Swift??)Grant long/
SG: Sprewell/Person
PG: Jason Williams/Brevin Knight
Why the Knicks do it: We get a center (only 28, Dice's age), we get a decent small forward, and MAYBE we get a guy inswift who has a lot of potential..

Why the Grizzlies do it: Sprewell adds a new dimension to their team - hes the veteran leader they need, hes an upgrade at the 2 that they need (their weakest position) - look at their starting 5, thats a young core that has a lot of potential besides spree, but spree is better than dickerson ever will be. Dickerson is a salary dump too. They give up Wright but they have a 7-0 footer in gasol and they have tryabinski - those two can pass for centers in the east. Swift has no place on this team with Gooden and Battier.

just want to know what you guys think... And i admit, my Kings trade was lopsided but i dont think this one is....
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/22/2002  11:16 PM
I don't want to give up on Spree yet. I'd like to see this team play on the court, but if it doesn't work, I like this trade. Dickerson is still young, as is Wright, and I'm dying to get rid of a point so I'd be happy to see Ward go. If the Knicks could finagle Swift out of this I'd really want to do it. Nice trade, but I still want to see this team on the court.
#Knickstaps
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/23/2002  12:05 AM
Posted by nyballer:

I'm not saying that i think this trade WILL happen or anything...I'm just putting out there so we can try to find those "left-field" trades...

Knicks trade: Sprewell, Ward, Harrington
Knicks get: Lorenzen Wright, Micheal Dickerson, (MAYBE Swift? - if we can, but i dunno if memphis would give him up)

Dickerson plays the 3, Wright plays the 5

C: Wright/Thomas
PF: Dice/Weatherspoon
SF: Dickerson/(SWIFT?)/Shandon
SG: Houston/Postell
PG: Williams/Eisley

Grizzlies lineup:

C: Gasol/Trybanski
PF: Gooden/Massenberg
SF: Battier/(Swift??)Grant long/
SG: Sprewell/Person
PG: Jason Williams/Brevin Knight
Why the Knicks do it: We get a center (only 28, Dice's age), we get a decent small forward, and MAYBE we get a guy inswift who has a lot of potential..

Why the Grizzlies do it: Sprewell adds a new dimension to their team - hes the veteran leader they need, hes an upgrade at the 2 that they need (their weakest position) - look at their starting 5, thats a young core that has a lot of potential besides spree, but spree is better than dickerson ever will be. Dickerson is a salary dump too. They give up Wright but they have a 7-0 footer in gasol and they have tryabinski - those two can pass for centers in the east. Swift has no place on this team with Gooden and Battier.

just want to know what you guys think... And i admit, my Kings trade was lopsided but i dont think this one is....

I guess you haven't been listening to all the spree rumors. Grizziles would certainly not be interested in Spree because of his hefty contract and age. As for layden, if he's gonna trade spree, he would want something back in the all-star status or bonifide cateogory. Why would the grizzlies take charlie ward when they already have 2 pgs.(jwil and knight) As for Dickerson, he's 6'5, same height like Spree. At least if we gonna get a small forward in return, he needs to be at least 6'7. Lorenzen Wright is another Camby. He's isn't physical,tweener and gets injured but not as much as camby. If we're gonna get a center, at least get one you know will protect McDyess, clogs the middle and bangs inside. This is not a good trade for knicks, we're still small.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Knicks/Grizzlies

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy