[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Should we use the D League?
Author Thread
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/7/2006  5:05 PM
I just finished posting this on another board. I was against this since the start of the season, but it is something to consider.
It appears Larry is settling down with a rotation, and it has been more successful in the past two games than anything we've seen all season. Now, two of my favorite guys on this roster may see the blunt end of this: Ariza and Butler. Ariza played last night, but let's not forget that was because Jamal and Q are still out.
We have a development team which, up til now, we haven't utilized. Both Trevor and Jackie are in their second year and are therefore eligible to be sent down to the NBDL. Should we take advantage of this?
Who's in Larry's rotation?
Marbury/Nate/Lee/AD/Curry
Jamal/Woods/Mo/Frye
Once Q is healthy, who knows if he will find a way into the rotation. Maybe he replaces Woods.
I would love to fit Ariza in this lineup and eventually Jackie, but I'm not sure I can see Larry doing that. He's already said Woods beat out Ariza and seems to be having a flame war with the 20 y/o.
Now my question is, are these two kids better off riding the pine and hopefully having strong enough practices to make the rotation, or do we stick with the current rotation and let them get some development minutes in the D league?

Of course, with trades approaching, anything and everything could change in the snap of a finger.
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/7/2006  5:08 PM
If Jackie can't get off the bench here, he should at least get some PT down in the D league. But then again, Brown may believe that he can better develop the players by having them in practice rather than with some other coach where he can't really monitr their progress.

But can't we sign a couple of guys to send down there that can maybe help somewhere down the line?
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/7/2006  5:31 PM
I truly believe Butler will come off the bench before JJ(maybe its just hope). I'd rather our young guys learn from LB in practice rather than whoever our Dleague coach is.
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
1/7/2006  5:58 PM
Im okay with jackie butler going to the d-leauge, but not ariza, I actually think he should play over woods and Q.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/7/2006  6:03 PM
Posted by SlimPack:

Im okay with jackie butler going to the d-leauge, but not ariza, I actually think he should play over woods and Q.

I agree, I think he should be playing over both those guys, but I'm worried when Jamal comes back, Larry's going to boot Trevor back out of the rotation.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/7/2006  6:22 PM
best possible scenario is Jerome James comes back into the rotation, shows some teams he can play a little, & Isiah can unload his arse by some God sent miracle... until then, i think sending Butler down to the NBDL to get in shape & be ready for when he'll be needed is a good idea.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Should we use the D League?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy