[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

LIVE from section 404...
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/7/2006  12:56 PM
a few quick hits from YOUR su york knicks...

- your celebrities of choice...darius kasperitis of the new york rangers...yup, ALL the celebs are at the garden these days.

- during intros, david lee gets a very nice reaction as does nate...who doesn't give high fives to the players as he's introduced but an impromptu soul train line breaks out as nate dances his way through the introduction. very funny stuff. marbury with a nice ovation as well.

- not that many people here tonight and i expect ALOT less sunday as the game goes up against the giants.

- on gardenvision, they have a bit where they have knick players act out famous lines from movies and then ask a fan to guess which movie. a bit of humor as they have david lee on the screen, in a cold stone stare, look into the camera and say "you had me at hello." the other one was trevor doing "wax on, wax off" with his hands. what would probably be more appropo is if trev said "d-league, no d-league." (rimshot. thank you, thank you...try the veal)

- tonight was latin night at the garden. during the game, they had a guy come out and do a "beat box" at midcourt. he was booed. i love the garden.

- marbury got a nice applause upon first exiting the game and a VERY nice applause upon leaving the game in the fourth. VERY well deserved as this is now 3 consecutive SUPERB games from the towel head.

- i'm not sure how many of you have ever seen iverson LIVE but he's like this little guy just running all over the place. it's amazing. you can see some of that in nate. a shot goes up in the 2nd and then all of the sudden you see this little thing fly into the picture trying to get a rebound. crowd's response: "ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh" (btw, our team's best rebounder is lee...in 2nd place? nate AKA "the gadget")

- eddy doesn't look into it early. then channing gets called in to sub and runs to the scorer's table. immediately upon seeing this, eddy then gets close to the basket and has like 3 dunks in a row before the next dead ball. even on an off night, he gets double digits points with pretty much ZERO effort.

- channing frye's jumper is a thing of beauty and you could see that there wasn't ANY trepidation tonight. the past few games, he had a little bit of an indecisive look but tonight, he got it and knew EXACTLY what he wanted to do with the ball. 30 points on 11 of 13. i'm sorry but that's just SICK. SICK. and 7 of those shots are jumpers. untouchable? yeah, i think so.

- crowd is surprised to see trevor. there were WAY too many times he was at the basket but passed out instead. i think trev is pretty dazed and confused right now and probably wouldn't play if crawford was healthy. but that's ok. he's just a baby (in terms of development) so he's got some time.

- is something wrong with jamison? i mean his #'s look decent but man, what a far cry from last year where he killed us. wizards look like a team that has quit on ej and his days may be numbered. what a crazy season as everyone is bunched in the middle and many of last year suprises are kind of stuck. we are VERY lucky to still be in this.

- anyone else notice how almost every player has gotten better as the season progressed?

- mo taylor providing some toughness? the apocalypse is upon us...

- during extensive garbage time, i try starting a "we want james chant" only to be met with nasty glares. within 2 minutes of my ill conceived chant, all the cotton candy and ice cream vendors immediately made their way to section 404. weird.

- in conclusion, we played a VERY poor defensive team. the wizards offense is all one on one play. they lost 3 in a row and we were coming off an inspirational game. but you know what? it's a GREAT win for us. a win against the wizards is what is supposed to happen if you are supposed to be a good team. we took advantage of their weakness and executed our game plan PERFECTLY. they couldn't really stop anything we tried to run AND we we didn't have craw. very good win and a good sign of our team starting to really settle down. monday's win meant nothing unless we beat the wiz...and we did. now we got something cooking. i think this team is starting to believe that it CAN win some games. seattle will be a little tough as they like to shoot 3's as well but they're not as good as pheonix.

- lb's teams in the 1st year have these 3 phases...phase 1: the "ugly" phase where it just looks, well, ugly. phase 2: the "settle down" phase as the team starts to figure out what's going on and the early mistakes are less noticeable. and then phase 3: the "get it" phase where the team is expecting wins. we are now in phase 2 as our lowpoint was 7-21. this phase could QUICKLY enter phase 3. the cards are in our favor as 11 of 16 games in january are home. so far, 2 down, 2 wins. it's too early to start guzzling the koolaid but there are some good signs. LET'S GO KNICKS.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/7/2006  1:07 PM
I can't believe the Knicks game is up against the Giants ughhh. couldn't the giants be on at 4!
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/7/2006  1:12 PM
thats what tivo is for
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/7/2006  1:16 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I can't believe the Knicks game is up against the Giants ughhh. couldn't the giants be on at 4!

knicks tried to get it changed to 6pm and actually got permission from everyone except st.john's since they can't move their game vs. georgetown (which is later that day). so it's still on at 1pm.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/7/2006  1:17 PM
nah I rather go back and forth in between plays.

Nate is hilarious
realhiphop
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #533
1/7/2006  1:20 PM
Great recap DJ. I like the 3 stage analogy, and calling Marbury a towelhead was hilarious.
LIVE from section 404...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy