[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NBA RUMORS - SI.com http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/01/05/truth.rumors.nba/index.htm
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
1/6/2006  3:20 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/01/05/truth.rumors.nba/index.html

Celtics GM Danny Ainge, in his weekly radio appearance on WEEI, hinted Indiana's price for Ron Artest might well be Paul Pierce. -- Boston Globe

The Indiana Pacers want Wally Szczerbiak for Ron Artest, but the Timberwolves have said no thanks. Dialogue between the two teams continues. -- St. Paul Pioneer Press

It's well-known throughout the league that the Knicks are trying to trade Quentin Richardson. Denver might be a possibility because Nuggets assistant GM Jeff Weltman drafted Richardson, and the Knicks are interested in backup point guard Earl Watson. -- Newsday

Earl Watson's boost in playing time and contribution to the Nuggets have pleased him. But he would like some closure to the trade rumors that have surrounded him nearly since the day he arrived this offseason. -- Denver Post

Denver general manager Kiki Vandeweghe has been looking to move Voshon Lenard, but it's a buyer's market when it comes to 32-year-old guards with limited quickness and below-average defensive skills. -- Rocky Mountain News

While it's possible Darko Milicic could be dealt by the Feb. 23 trading deadline, it's more likely the Pistons will keep him on the roster for at least another season. -- mlive.com

Vitaly Potapenko said he will ask the Sonics for a trade, perhaps as early as next week when the team returns from its five-game trip. -- Seattle Times

Count Allen Iverson among the NBA players who want to start a three-year mission with USA Basketball's senior national team this summer with a goal of winning the gold medal at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. Iverson, in town with the 76ers for last night's game against the Suns, met yesterday with Jerry Colangelo, managing director of the national-team program and the man in charge of the selection process. -- Philadelphia Inquirer

The Laker roster, already threadbare and fraying, will take another hit because Slava Medvedenko is probably lost for the season. -- Los Angeles Times

It was one week ago today that Bulls GM John Paxson said there was no deal attractive enough for him to trade his assets (two potential lottery picks in this June's draft) or one or more of his front-line players. But by the 7:47 mark of third quarter last night, all of those players were watching from the bench. -- Chicago Sun-Times

The Bulls expect center Tyson Chandler to miss more than just Wednesday's game because of a sprained right ankle. Coach Scott Skiles predicted Chandler would miss "a week or so." -- Chicago Sun-Times

The Clippers might decide today who will be filling out their roster. One possible candidate, according to team sources, is Rodney White, a 6-foot-9 forward who was waived by the Clippers in late October. -- Los Angeles Times

Trevor Ariza expressed his displeasure at being benched before the Knicks beat the Suns on Monday night, but the man who put him there didn't want to hear it yesterday. "If he's miffed, he's not as smart as I think he is," Larry Brown said of Ariza. "It's entirely up to him." -- New York Post

Knicks backup center Jerome James returned to practice Wednesday, but coach Larry Brown and a team spokesman declined to say whether his suspension would be lifted in time to permit him to take part in the Washington game Friday. -- Newsday

Center Brendan Haywood has been all but missing from recent box scores and the Wizards are clearly looking for more out of him. -- Washington Post

AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
1/6/2006  3:23 PM
Maybe give Malik Rose/ Mo T for expiring contract and a 1st round Pick?
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/6/2006  3:39 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

Maybe give Malik Rose/ Mo T for expiring contract and a 1st round Pick?

i'd do it just for cap relief, i'm not sure who would give us a 1st for them.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/6/2006  3:43 PM
no teams are gonna give up a 1st round pick AND an expiring contract for either of those guys... you'd be lucky to get just an expiring contract.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
SkyWalker
Member: #814
1/6/2006  3:51 PM
Wally for Artest and they said no?? Wow. I would do that if I was Minny.
Kenny SkyWalker
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/6/2006  3:55 PM
Posted by SkyWalker:

there has to be more to it since a straightup trade doesnt work. where do these reporters get this BS.
Caseloads
1/6/2006  4:28 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by SkyWalker:

there has to be more to it since a straightup trade doesnt work. where do these reporters get this BS.

maybe they were discussing the centerpieces...
Caseloads
1/6/2006  4:29 PM
Posted by TMS:

no teams are gonna give up a 1st round pick AND an expiring contract for either of those guys... you'd be lucky to get just an expiring contract.

Fine. an expiring contract and a future 2nd.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/6/2006  4:31 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by TMS:

Fine. an expiring contract and a future 2nd.

I think his point is that we'll have to be the ones giving up picks if we want an expiring contract for those players. That's why I'd let them rot on the bench or play minor roles in games until they become expiring contracts.
TMS
USA
1/6/2006  4:33 PM
you didn't hear what i said... no team is likely to give up either much less both... if you want to trade Mo T or Malik, you're going to have to take back an even worse contract.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/6/2006  5:07 PM
Posted by SkyWalker:

when it comes down to it, not many teams are going to be willing to take a risk on Artest. I think he'll be tossed around like Rodman for a little while. Like Rodman, he needs to play with a totally dominant personality that he has to acknowledge is better than him. Maybe Lebron or Wade. Or Kobe.
¿ △ ?
Caseloads
1/6/2006  5:13 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by SkyWalker:

when it comes down to it, not many teams are going to be willing to take a risk on Artest. I think he'll be tossed around like Rodman for a little while. Like Rodman, he needs to play with a totally dominant personality that he has to acknowledge is better than him. Maybe Lebron or Wade. Or Kobe.
if he wouldnt respect MJ and broke MJ's ribs, why would he respect a punk like Kobe. And Wade? Please. Wade has a quiet personality. The only one I could see him respecting is Lebron.
TMS
USA
1/6/2006  5:13 PM
i think he'd be a perfect fit for Philly playing alongside AI & CWebb personally.
Caseloads
1/6/2006  5:14 PM
Posted by TMS:

i think he'd be a perfect fit for Philly playing alongside AI & CWebb personally.

Philly would win the Championship. I'd trade Dalembert for Artest.
TMS
USA
1/6/2006  5:15 PM
Korver, S. Hunter & a future pick for Artest is a deal that would help both teams.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/6/2006  5:16 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by SkyWalker:

if he wouldnt respect MJ and broke MJ's ribs, why would he respect a punk like Kobe. And Wade? Please. Wade has a quiet personality. The only one I could see him respecting is Lebron.

Jordan wasn't on his team. He needs a leader on HIS team. Someone to keep him in line.

I think Wade can grow into a leader, but you may be right. Lebron was the first person who came to my mind. But there's no way the Pacers will trade him to Cleveland. I have a feeling Artest's next stop won't be his last.
¿ △ ?
Caseloads
1/6/2006  5:46 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by SkyWalker:

Jordan wasn't on his team. He needs a leader on HIS team. Someone to keep him in line.

I think Wade can grow into a leader, but you may be right. Lebron was the first person who came to my mind. But there's no way the Pacers will trade him to Cleveland. I have a feeling Artest's next stop won't be his last.

broke MJs ribs in a summer game at Hoops the Gym in ChiTown.
Masterplan
Member: #362
1/6/2006  9:55 PM
Posted by TMS:

Korver, S. Hunter & a future pick for Artest is a deal that would help both teams.

those guys kind of suck.

[Edited by - Masterplan on 01-06-2006 9:56 PM]
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/6/2006  11:30 PM
Posted by TMS:

they would be sick.
TMS
USA
1/7/2006  11:15 AM
Posted by Masterplan:
Posted by TMS:

those guys kind of suck.

[Edited by - Masterplan on 01-06-2006 9:56 PM]

Korver does not suck... he'd be a perfect fit in INDY playing alongside JO & Jax... Artest is obviously a much better player, but at his current value, you're not going to get much better than this package imho.
NBA RUMORS - SI.com http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/01/05/truth.rumors.nba/index.htm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy