[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What kind of team should look to add Artest

Author Poll
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
What kind of team should look to add Artest?
A team already championship calibre (SA, Detroit)
A team one notch below contending (Dallas, Phoenix)
A .500 team looking to improve (Golden State)
A bad team looking for a savior (NY and most lottery teams)
View Results

Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
USA
1/6/2006  3:01 PM
IMO option 2 is the only one worth giving up signifcant assets to get Artest. You can't rebuild your entire team around someone as unstable as Artest (option 4 and to some extent option 3) and you shouldn't disrupt your team chemistry if you already have a championship calibre team (option 1).

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 01-06-2006 3:01 PM]
AUTOADVERT
TymeLessKnicks
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1050
Sweden
1/6/2006  3:02 PM
this is a weird poll to me Bonn...but i put goldenstate cause thats where i think he is going. ALL TEAMS SHOULD LOOK TO ADD ARTEST...
Had enough Melo?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
USA
1/6/2006  3:05 PM
Posted by TymeLessKnicks:

this is a weird poll to me Bonn...but i put goldenstate cause thats where i think he is going. ALL TEAMS SHOULD LOOK TO ADD ARTEST...

If he came for free, then all teams should look to add him. Maybe it is a weird poll, but I think only a few teams are in a situation where it would make sense to take a gamble (i.e., give up assets) on an unstable person like Artest.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 01-06-2006 3:06 PM]
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/6/2006  3:05 PM
I would agree. If Dallas or Phoenix can get Artest for relatively cheap (Not sure how) then it would be a good idea for them to pull the trigger. He would fit in their system nicely and he would get his touches and he completely improves what they have. Detroit and San Antonio would be stupid to even consider him, and risk ruining what they have. It might take them out of contention.
You can make a case for some of those other teams, like maybe Orlando or a team like that, that they could use him. However, a team like the Knicks would be crazy to go after him. They have something going for their future. You know perfectly well that Indy would be asking for Frye or Curry or Marbury, and that's not worth it.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
1/6/2006  3:08 PM
I said a .500 team... because a team like Dallas of PHX is very close to contending (Dallas needs to remain at full strength - who knows what happens in the playoffs - there might be upsets, Dirk might play out of his mind, and there are always injuries - dont make a move). PHX is close to getting Amare back, and have been solid so far, so stay put.

But a .500 team needs an Artest to become a contending team... those are the teams that have no chance at upsets even without injuries, or players having amazing series, etc.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/6/2006  3:11 PM
Posted by TymeLessKnicks:

exactly.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/6/2006  3:40 PM
all of the above
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/6/2006  3:53 PM
To say you can't build around Artest is BS. He's only 26, and in the right environment, I think he can blossom. I think he can turn it around here in NY. He wants be here, and he's from here. He made the statment about comming here well aware that we are struggling. With LB and Isiah, I think it can work out here. Not to mentiuon we couls use his defense, scoring from the wing, intagibles, energy.....

Knicks are the only lottery team who can afford to go after him. Toronto or a team like that would be nuts because you've already had a few players refusing to play for them. The losing would get to him. But I think the knicks turn it around if they had him.

Isiah needs to make a renegade move to help this roster. No draft picks and no money under the cap means you have to be creative and an opportunist. Only reason he got Curry was because of his heart condition and Curry was practically twisting thier arm. In order to make this team better Isiah has to take chances. took a major chance with Curry, and he needs to the same with Artest. Curry, Artest and Marbury is not a bad start and all under 30, with Artest and Curry yet to reach thier prime.

[Edited by - bigbeast on 01-06-2006 3:55 PM]
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
What kind of team should look to add Artest

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy