[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

lb calls out ariza again...
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/6/2006  12:39 AM
Coach Larry Brown said any issues with Trevor Ariza were over, then promptly stoked the fire again. Responding to Ariza's statement that he was surprised by his recent benching, and unclear about the reasons, Brown said, "To say he doesn't know what's going on, he's delusional." Contradicting Ariza's account, Brown said he spoke to Ariza before dropping him from the rotation Monday. "It has nothing to do with basketball," Brown said. "I think he's just got to grow up a little bit and understand this is a team, and he's got to act like a good teammate."
AUTOADVERT
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
1/6/2006  12:42 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/06/sports/basketball/06knicks.html

I wonder what brown means that ariza is a bad teammate, oh if only I could know what goes on in that locker room, who knows perhaps ariza is jerk. anyway another thing this article brings out is that crawford may play tommorow, which is good, but I wonder if the knicks should just not play him until he is completely healthy

"There is a good chance that Jerome James will return from his suspension before Friday's game against Washington. The team suspended James because he was unprepared for Sunday morning's practice. ... Antonio Davis (back spasms) returned to practice and should be available Friday. Jamal Crawford (sprained foot) is also expected to play. Quentin Richardson remains questionable because of back spasms. ... Brown said that the rookie Nate Robinson would remain in the starting lineup even when Richardson returns. Richardson will be a reserve at shooting guard and small forward."

also I disagree with the author of this article, I still dont like the way curry plays. I think he is a Power Forward and not a center.

[Edited by - slimpack on 01-06-2006 12:44 AM]
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/6/2006  12:44 AM
Posted by SlimPack:

I wonder what brown means that ariza is a bad teammate, oh if only I could know what goes on in that locker room, another thing this article brings out is that crawford may play tommorow, which is good, but I wonder if the knicks should just not play him until he is completely healthy

damn... i was really looking forward to seeing what Q2 could do at the 2.

SlimPack
USA
1/6/2006  12:45 AM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by SlimPack:

I wonder what brown means that ariza is a bad teammate, oh if only I could know what goes on in that locker room, another thing this article brings out is that crawford may play tommorow, which is good, but I wonder if the knicks should just not play him until he is completely healthy

damn... i was really looking forward to seeing what Q2 could do at the 2.

He still has to prove that he has a jumpshot first, he hasnt really dont that yet imo.
oohah
Member: #887
1/6/2006  12:55 AM
I wonder what brown means that ariza is a bad teammate, oh if only I could know what goes on in that locker room, who knows perhaps ariza is jerk.

No, the jerks are LB (He just is.) and the media who are trying to manipulate quotes and set up people against each other to create controversy where there is none.

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 01-06-2006 12:55 AM]
Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
Brown never called Ariza a bad teammate. Man you guys like to overreact. Ariza is obviously showing some immaturity here. Clearly he wasn't playing well at all this season, I said in several game threads he looked awful.

He has to be a good teammate and work to get back in the rotation and not expect anyone to hand anything to him. this is how good teams operate. This shouldn't be a controversy in any way shape or form.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
Posted by SlimPack:

also I disagree with the author of this article, I still dont like the way curry plays. I think he is a Power Forward and not a center.

are you kidding me?

¿ △ ?
MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
1/6/2006  12:59 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

Coach Larry Brown said any issues with Trevor Ariza were over, then promptly stoked the fire again. Responding to Ariza's statement that he was surprised by his recent benching, and unclear about the reasons, Brown said, "To say he doesn't know what's going on, he's delusional." Contradicting Ariza's account, Brown said he spoke to Ariza before dropping him from the rotation Monday. "It has nothing to do with basketball," Brown said. "I think he's just got to grow up a little bit and understand this is a team, and he's got to act like a good teammate."

I thought LB said that Q2 & Lee outplayed him? Now the story is he wasn't a good teammate?
Which is it? Is it both?

Who knows what to believe...Reezy just needs to work himself to the bone and do whatever he has to do to get back to LB's good side and make himself a more productive player however long it takes. Use whatever adversity he faces to make himself better. (Even I'll admit he has a long road ahead)

Maybe this goes back to that finger pointing business...even though that was just a rumor as far as we know too. But I wonder what it is that happened exactly.
crzymdups
USA
1/6/2006  1:01 AM
Posted by MinsHeartsReezy:
Posted by djsunyc:

I thought LB said that Q2 & Lee outplayed him? Now the story is he wasn't a good teammate?
Which is it? Is it both?

Who knows what to believe...Reezy just needs to work himself to the bone and do whatever he has to do to get back to LB's good side and make himself a more productive player however long it takes. Use whatever adversity he faces to make himself better. (Even I'll admit he has a long road ahead)

Maybe this goes back to that finger pointing business...even though that was just a rumor as far as we know too. But I wonder what it is that happened exactly.

Ariza isn't being a good teammate BECAUSE he's complaining that Brown thinks Lee and Q2 outplayed him. This isn't that complicated.
¿ △ ?
oohah
1/6/2006  1:03 AM
Ariza isn't being a good teammate BECAUSE he's complaining that Brown thinks Lee and Q2 outplayed him. This isn't that complicated.

I did not see that complaint. Where can I find it?

oohah

SlimPack
USA
1/6/2006  1:06 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by SlimPack:

are you kidding me?

of course not, do you really think that curry is a good center? becuase I think he's a pretty bad one. his post up moves are worse than david lee's, its good that he has been cutting down on his offensive fouls but he's still utterly incapable of passing out of double teams for some wierd reason. He's alot more useful when he can use his nimbleness and athletism to charge to the hoop. A center in my opinion should be responsible for passing sometimes, whereas it PF's dont, so it would be easier for him there. thats what i think anyay.
crzymdups
USA
1/6/2006  1:08 AM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by SlimPack:

are you kidding me?

of course not, do you really think that curry is a good center? becuase I think he's a pretty bad one. his post up moves are worse than david lee's, its good that he has been cutting down on his offensive fouls but he's still utterly incapable of passing out of double teams for some wierd reason. He's alot more useful when he can use his nimbleness and athletism to charge to the hoop. A center in my opinion should be responsible for passing sometimes, whereas it PF's dont, so it would be easier for him there. thats what i think anyay.

Eddy Curry is unstoppable in the post. The Suns were triple-teaming him in the overtime. He doesn't pass out well yet, but that is a skill that can be learned. That doesn't make him any less dominant in the post.

If you think David Lee is better in the post than Eddy Curry...I'm sorry.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
1/6/2006  1:12 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/05/sports/basketball/05knicks.html

"Ariza, a second-year player, was taken aback Monday when he was taken out of the rotation and informed by a Knicks public relations official - and not Coach Larry Brown - about the decision."

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/58942.htm

"Ariza, who had started 10 straight games last month, took issue with Brown's chaotic lineups.

"I think everybody is still confused," he said. "Nobody really knows how to look at things. What he sees or what he wants.""

there are more, but you can find them on the front page of ultimate knicks.com. Larry is basically just saying to complain is to not be a good teammate, to not respect the way everyone else on the team has dealt with losing playing time. He compared Ariza to Lee and said Lee didn't complain when he was inactive. Ariza is the youngest guy on the team and he has much to prove. I agree he shouldn't be taking anything for granted.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
1/6/2006  1:14 AM
man, if Ariza had 23 and 15 some people on this board would be annointing him better than Marion already.

don't get me wrong, I love the kid's effort and heart, but he's got a million miles to go before he's a starter in this league. I think he can do it, but if Ariza doesn't think he needs to work to get there then he reads this board too much.

I have no problem with anything Brown did or said here. And I've had plenty of problems with other stuff he's done.
¿ △ ?
MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
1/6/2006  1:15 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:

Which is it? Is it both?

Maybe its not as simple as you say...
This supposedly went down early this past weeked. If LB told him he wasn't being a good team mate and wasn't acting mature why not just say that in the first place on the first interview rather than saying woods and Lee outplayed him. So its not surprising why Ariza would be taken aback when told by reporters that Brown said lee and q2 outplayed him when thats not what LB had told him directly at all. \
crzymdups
USA
1/6/2006  1:16 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:

Which is it? Is it both?

Maybe its not as simple as you say...
This supposedly went down early this past weeked. If LB told him he wasn't being a good team mate and wasn't acting mature why not just say that in the first place on the first interview rather than saying woods and Lee outplayed him. So its not surprising why Ariza would be taken aback when told by reporters that Brown said lee and q2 outplayed him when thats not what LB had told him directly at all. \

no. that quote if from today. Brown is responding to the press telling him Ariza's reaction. And possibly he's responding to some reaction Ariza had to Brown directly. Ariza needs to grow up. He hasn't proved or earned anything. What's our record with him starting?

you guys are blowing this completely out of proportion. this happens to every team in the league every year.

[Edited by - crzymdups on 01-06-2006 01:17 AM]
¿ △ ?
oohah
1/6/2006  1:17 AM
Eddy Curry is unstoppable in the post. The Suns were triple-teaming him in the overtime. He doesn't pass out well yet, but that is a skill that can be learned. That doesn't make him any less dominant in the post.

I don't see that Eddie Curry has been dominant. I see that he should be dominant, and that if he ever gets his game together he can be dominant. The Suns didn't have any big men left to guard curry in OT, that is why they had to triple team him. And KT did not incur most of his fouls against Curry by the way.

I think what he means is that Lee has better/more moves in the post. He has an actual game rather than just being huge. Everything Curry accomplishes comes from pure physical ability. He pretty much has no real game. If he ever develops a game and uses his size and ability effectively, then he will be truly dominant, not inconsistent as he has been thus far in his career.

By the way, can you tell me where that Ariza quote is where he said he outplayed Q and Lee? Thanks.

oohah
crzymdups
USA
1/6/2006  1:24 AM
Posted by oohah:

I don't see that Eddie Curry has been dominant. I see that he should be dominant, and that if he ever gets his game together he can be dominant. The Suns didn't have any big men left to guard curry in OT, that is why they had to triple team him. And KT did not incur most of his fouls against Curry by the way.

I think what he means is that Lee has better/more moves in the post. He has an actual game rather than just being huge. Everything Curry accomplishes comes from pure physical ability. He pretty much has no real game. If he ever develops a game and uses his size and ability effectively, then he will be truly dominant, not inconsistent as he has been thus far in his career.

By the way, can you tell me where that Ariza quote is where he said he outplayed Q and Lee? Thanks.

oohah

I never said Ariza said he outplayed Lee and Q. I said he complained, which I posted.

Also, this concept that David Lee has better post moves than Eddy Curry is really pretty humorous. Curry is consistently dominant in the post, his only problem has been staying on the floor whether through foul trouble or injury. Power moves in the post are still post moves. He is unguardable because of his moves. He is one of the only pure post centers in the league. How many times has Lee even posted up all season? four? five? This argument is insane.
¿ △ ?
oohah
1/6/2006  1:25 AM
As I suspected, Ariza said nothing of the sort. You have to watch out when you read Marc Vermin, he is a vile man who tries to set up people against each other to get a story.

Here is the quote:

"A hot Ariza responded, "I'm not disappointed, I'm just a little shocked. I didn't expect nobody would tell me that someone had beaten me out. To hear it from someone else telling another person has beaten me, flat out outplayed me." "

So what he is upset about is hearing it from someone other than the coach. All this bad teammate stuff is really just going to far.

The times also wrote that he was visibly upset. Wouldn't you be if you find out things from the media that your coach should tell you?

oohah

crzymdups
USA
1/6/2006  1:27 AM
Posted by oohah:

As I suspected, Ariza said nothing of the sort. You have to watch out when you read Marc Vermin, he is a vile man who tries to set up people against each other to get a story.

Here is the quote:

"A hot Ariza responded, "I'm not disappointed, I'm just a little shocked. I didn't expect nobody would tell me that someone had beaten me out. To hear it from someone else telling another person has beaten me, flat out outplayed me." "

So what he is upset about is hearing it from someone other than the coach. All this bad teammate stuff is really just going to far.

The times also wrote that he was visibly upset. Wouldn't you be if you find out things from the media that your coach should tell you?

oohah

As I suspected, I never said anything of the sort. which I just said.
¿ △ ?
lb calls out ariza again...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy