[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

is this a delusional ron artest deal? (not knicks)
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/6/2006  12:10 AM
am i delusional here but i just want to see what you guys think about this one:

ron artest for bruce bowen + oberto

why spurs? - you get ron artest to effectively replace bowen and can be controlled by poppovich + duncan + finley.

why indy? - they get a defensive replacement, it's still win now, and they get a nice frontcourt compliment in oberto so they can let croshere go.
AUTOADVERT
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
1/6/2006  12:23 AM
there should be a league rule the prevents a team with as much talent as the spurs already have from making such a trade.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/6/2006  12:35 AM
bowen is too old for the Pacers, I think. And I doubt the Spurs would screw with their chemistry at this point.

that's a huge risk for the Spurs.
¿ △ ?
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/6/2006  12:36 AM
How good is this Oberto? He gets very limited minutes in SA right now. I'm sure indy would love to move croshere, but who wants him? I would expect indy would want at least a 1st involved for this deal to go through.
oohah
Member: #887
1/6/2006  12:57 AM
Dj that is like trading true all-star material for Jack, so I think it is delusional.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/6/2006  12:58 AM
I bet San Antonio would be the first to say no to that proposal. Championship teams don't screw up their chemistry like that.

They don't gain anything by adding Artest. What they lose could be everything.

You can't build teams like it's fantasy basketball.
¿ △ ?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/6/2006  10:05 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

am i delusional here but i just want to see what you guys think about this one:

ron artest for bruce bowen + oberto

why spurs? - you get ron artest to effectively replace bowen and can be controlled by poppovich + duncan + finley.

why indy? - they get a defensive replacement, it's still win now, and they get a nice frontcourt compliment in oberto so they can let croshere go.

Its delusional, but a thinking mans delusion!

Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/6/2006  10:22 AM
Posted by SlimPack:

there should be a league rule the prevents a team with as much talent as the spurs already have from making such a trade.

I agree! How unfair would that be?

Indy wont send him there anyway, INdy can be an elite team they are not gonna make one of the best teams better.

AND they are not gonna send Ron ROn into that good of a situation unless they get made much much better.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/6/2006  10:22 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

I bet San Antonio would be the first to say no to that proposal. Championship teams don't screw up their chemistry like that.

i was thinking this would be a similar situation to the rodman to the bulls scenario. i think the spurs know they're good and will be in the hunt for a few more years. AND they got finley if the artest thing blows up but i think pop + duncan would have artest playing great.

i agree, i don't know if they have enough to give indy but it was a "think out of the box" moment.
jaydh
1/6/2006  10:32 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

SA would be fools to turn down such a trade.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/6/2006  11:26 AM
SA can win a championship without Ron. They don't need to mess up their chemistry. Plus Ron has said many times that he'll retire after he wins a championship. Is it really worth it to potentially screw up your team chemistry? Is it really worth it to give up one of the best defenders in the league and a perfect role player on offense just to have 4 months of Ron Artest before he retires?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/6/2006  12:33 PM
it's delusional to think the Spurs wouldn't make that trade... please, Ron Artest for Bowen & some unproven Euro kid? that's a no brainer, I don't care what anyone says... do you realize the type of matchup problems having Parker, Artest, Finley, Ginobili & Duncan on the same team would present to other teams? any GM who would turn down that deal should be fired.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/6/2006  12:40 PM
Why should the Spurs even have to do that? The chemistry on that team is amazing and Ron is only going to ruin it. The Spurs already got bettter in the off season just by adding some veteran talent. Why ruin it, which they very well could. Sometimes getting great players is wonderful, but it's not always about having the great players. SA already has Manu, Parker and Duncan. Bowen is just as good a defender. All they need out of that spot is 3 pt shooting. Artest is going to command Isos and one on one plays and the Spurs wont give it to him. No reason the Spurs should even be thinking of the word Artest right now.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
TMS
USA
1/6/2006  1:56 PM
why did they bother to sign Finley & Van Exel then when they already had a championship calibre roster? a GM's job is to look to improve the team whenever he can... this deal does that... it's not that hard to reason why they would do it.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/6/2006  2:13 PM
Posted by TMS:

why did they bother to sign Finley & Van Exel then when they already had a championship calibre roster? a GM's job is to look to improve the team whenever he can... this deal does that... it's not that hard to reason why they would do it.

but in this case you would have to substract a key peice. With Findog and VanX you just added.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TMS
USA
1/6/2006  2:16 PM
guess it's just a difference of opinion... i happen to think they'd be crazy not to make the trade myself.
Allanfan20
USA
1/6/2006  2:20 PM
a key piece that fits in the system. Ron is a one on one player who WOULDN'T fit in that system. Bowen is just as good a defender and like I said, all he needs to do is shoot the Js. That's all the Spurs needs him to do. Ron isn't that kind of player and would completely disrupt that almost perfect offense. They added Finley and Van Exel for Depth and for very cheap. They didn't mess with the system. They only improved it. Trading Bowen for a completely different player totally messes up the system. If the Spurs rejected this deal, the GM should not get fired. They need to keep things the way they are. Keep their big 3 and let the smart role players come and go, like the maliks, horrys, nazrs, Finleys, van exels.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
jaydh
1/6/2006  2:24 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

a key piece that fits in the system. Ron is a one on one player who WOULDN'T fit in that system. Bowen is just as good a defender and like I said, all he needs to do is shoot the Js. That's all the Spurs needs him to do. Ron isn't that kind of player and would completely disrupt that almost perfect offense. They added Finley and Van Exel for Depth and for very cheap. They didn't mess with the system. They only improved it. Trading Bowen for a completely different player totally messes up the system. If the Spurs rejected this deal, the GM should not get fired. They need to keep things the way they are. Keep their big 3 and let the smart role players come and go, like the maliks, horrys, nazrs, Finleys, van exels.

i dont know, to me thats like saying...the suns shouldnt trade diaw for shaq since shaq wouldnt do well in an uptempo style.

Allanfan20
USA
1/6/2006  2:33 PM
Ummmmmm, that's nothing like it. Shaq is one of the top 3 centers to play the game and has won 3 NBA championships and is making the Heat a contending team as well. He would make the Suns and instant championship team. The Spurs are ALREADY a championship team and it's either them or the Pistons winning it this year. And adding Shaq to the Spurs would make them a frikkin' 75 win team. Artest, however, would completely mess up the chemistry. It's not always about the best players. It's about the right ones, as Herb Brooks would have said. The Spurs already have 3 all star calibre players anyway. They don't need to mess it up by adding Artest.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/6/2006  2:33 PM
TMS--would you not be at all concerned by Artests' multiple claims that he would retire after winning a championship? What if the Spurs had made this trade last (assuming Ron hadn't been suspended obviously)? Then maybe they still win the championship that they did win without him, Ron retires like he promised, and now in the 2005-6 season they have neither Bowen nor Artest and have no one to gaurd the top SFs in the league (counting Ginobili as an SG).

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 01-06-2006 2:34 PM]
is this a delusional ron artest deal? (not knicks)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy