[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Turning us into the baby Pistons.
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/5/2006  10:53 PM
Everyone knows, our should know that Detroit took a collection of players who were solid NBA players and turned them into the beast that is now th Pistons.

Chauncey
Rip
Ben Wallace

Were journeymen of sorts. Free agents who were good players, but not great (except Big Ben who was basically Bo Outlaw part II). LB helped to make them great.

What players do I think LB can help make us good with, if we keep our core of Curry, Frye & Steph?

Bonzi Wells
Ruben Paterson

Lineup:
Steph
Bonzi
RP
Mo
Curry

We would have to very good perimeter defenders, who can also contribute 12-15 ppg.
Solid Rebounding from the front court, and still a pretty decent bench but I can't speculate who would be there because obviously we'd have to give something up to get these guys.But lets say we still have at least:

Nate
Q Woods
Lee
Frye
JJ

Thats still a solid bench.

I think that team goes far and plays how LB wants them too.

Bonzi is expiring this year, and RP has a player option next year.

This is cheap and would make us much better imo.
AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/5/2006  11:02 PM
i've wanted bonzi since his days in portland, but i'm not sure how we could go about getting him. very good player, not a star, but he can do it all on both ends of the court.
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/5/2006  11:05 PM
This would make Knicks better defensively and a better rebounding team. But watch your head, hide the women and children and have back -up backboards on stand-by because bricks and haymakers will be flying in form all over the court. This will be a horrendous outside shooting team.

Also, I think Bonzi is a little bit better than your average MLE player, so how do the Knicks sign him? Knicks been after Patterson all year and haven't landed him. So its obvious Knicks have nothing on this roster to Portland's liking.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/5/2006  11:05 PM
Billups = Marbury? (comparable talent, but Marbury's gotta learn how to be a leader)

Rip = Crawford? (Craw's got ALOT of developing to do to)

Tayshaun = Ariza or Q Woods? (not even close)

Rasheed = Frye? (not a bad comparison on offense, but on defense Channing's got alot to learn)

Big Ben = Curry? (Curry's a much better offensive player, Ben's a much better defensive player)
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
TymeLessKnicks
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1050
Sweden
1/5/2006  11:09 PM
here we go with the nba live trades and transactions again
Had enough Melo?
jaydh
1/5/2006  11:15 PM
Posted by TymeLessKnicks:

well since you brought it up

i'd do penny+ariza for patterson+theo. let ADs contract just expire.

[Edited by - jaydh on 01-05-2006 11:16 PM]
jaydh
1/6/2006  11:13 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by TymeLessKnicks:

well since you brought it up

i'd do penny+ariza for patterson+theo. let ADs contract just expire.
Knicks coach Larry Brown, according to team sources, has not abandoned hope that team president Isiah Thomas and the Portland Trail Blazers will embrace the idea of swapping Antonio Davis' expiring contract for Blazers center Theo Ratliff, who has two seasons left on his contract after this one. Larry is apparently the only one, at this point, who wants this deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-060106-088

Throw in Patterson, and we throw in qrich and its a deal.

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/7/2006  11:12 AM
Malik for Patterson
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Turning us into the baby Pistons.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy