[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Draft Night Disasters....
Author Thread
ALLBaLL2006
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1064

1/5/2006  3:14 PM
Just looking at insidehoops.com and I really get upset when I look back at the Layden/Tapscott regimes. I still cannot believe that those two bums passed up on great talent. Everyone knows the Weis debacle but when you draft Nene in 2002 with the 7th pick and let Amare Stoudamire go 9th to the Suns you gotta be kidding me. Also in 2000 I cannot believe that the Knicks drafted Lavar Postell with their 2nd round pick when they let the Bucks draft Michael Redd with the 43rd pick. Just shows you that sometimes as an NBA analyst or College Basketball analyst you don't know where these players project. The Kandi man has been a bust as a #1 pick and so has Kwame Brown. 2nd round has seen a lot of talent. Still can't believe players like Arenas, Ginobili, Lewis and Redd went into the 2nd round undrafted.
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/5/2006  3:15 PM
Supposedly this year is going to be deeeeeeeeeeeep. At least we have the Spurs pick...
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/5/2006  3:36 PM
Posted by ALLBaLL2006:

Just looking at insidehoops.com and I really get upset when I look back at the Layden/Tapscott regimes. I still cannot believe that those two bums passed up on great talent. Everyone knows the Weis debacle but when you draft Nene in 2002 with the 7th pick and let Amare Stoudamire go 9th to the Suns you gotta be kidding me. Also in 2000 I cannot believe that the Knicks drafted Lavar Postell with their 2nd round pick when they let the Bucks draft Michael Redd with the 43rd pick. Just shows you that sometimes as an NBA analyst or College Basketball analyst you don't know where these players project. The Kandi man has been a bust as a #1 pick and so has Kwame Brown. 2nd round has seen a lot of talent. Still can't believe players like Arenas, Ginobili, Lewis and Redd went into the 2nd round undrafted.

Hindsight is 20/20. Few knew Amare would become what he is. He had a horrible family history and seemed destined to fail, in spite of his talent.

Talent is only one aspect of the game. Mental makeup is an entirely other realm. Look at TT, he should honestly be one of the best players in the league. There is just no reason, other than his mental makeup.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/5/2006  3:40 PM
Denver passed over Amare not once but TWICE.

NAYNAY a few years later is still a disappointment, and now loses a full year. The jury is still out.

I think if you look at all histories of teams, they all get lucky, and all have busts! It just works out in the long run.

Guys like Manu were unheard of and buried for two years overseas.

Gotta not trade picks either.

What was the point?
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/5/2006  4:13 PM
Not only did the Knicks pass up Amare, but they also passed Caron Butler, (who I was screaming for) and Wilcox was also there. The jury is still out on him,of course.

French toast Weis, Chenowith, Harvey and Michael Wright were horrible picks for Knicks.

I have to admit, I didn't think Arenas would turn into the player he has become. I saw him play alot in arizona. And while he was a great shooter, he seemed to be a bit of a tweener. Too small to play the 2 and I didn't think he had the ability to play the point. Many tweeners who had good college careers didn't pan out in the NBA (Anderson Hunt, Chris Jackson, Louis Bullock, Rodney Monroe...just tp name a few)
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/5/2006  4:53 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by ALLBaLL2006:

Hindsight is 20/20. Few knew Amare would become what he is. He had a horrible family history and seemed destined to fail, in spite of his talent.

Briggs knew.
¿ △ ?
TymeLessKnicks
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1050
Sweden
1/5/2006  4:58 PM
well if it makes u huys feel any better marvin williams is already on his way to being the next kwame brown.
Had enough Melo?
Draft Night Disasters....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy