[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Maggette seems to live on the trading block
Author Thread
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/5/2006  12:03 AM
Seems every year around this time, Maggette is being rumored in some kind of deal. Supposedly he might be in some trade being offered to the Pacers in excahnge for Artest but Clips are unsure.

Maggette has always been a player I targeted for the Knicks. It's funny, I always wanted Marbury to run the point for the Knicks when he was in Minny and I remember being literally depressed when the nets of all teams got him. But somehow, he ended up here. I also remember watching Eddy Curry and wondering when his contract would be up so the Knicks could snatch him up. Never imagined it would happen, but it did. (Peace guns, your the one who called the Curry trade last year, I need you to use your prophetic skills to help us get Maggette,)

Was a fan eversince I saw him at Duke. The guy is a specimen (no-homo). But it trips me out as to how can a guy with the looks of the perfect athlete get hurt so often. He's never played more than 60 games in one season.

With that said, He makes a lot of money, and seems to be in trade discussions every year at this time. Hope Isiah is is checking his status. I'm sure he is because Zeke seems to have a Jones for players born in Chicago. He'd be perfect for us. Can swing from the 2 to the 3. He's a monster going to the basket, lives at the foul line and he's only 24, I believe. If indy gets him, its over. No way a guy like Walsh would let him escape Indy. But with the paper-clips history for bad trades and letting talent go elsewhere to shine, maybe we still have a shot to get him.

[Edited by - bigbeast on 01-05-2006 12:10 AM]

[Edited by - bigbeast on 01-05-2006 12:10 AM]
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/5/2006  12:22 AM
Maggette is a prototypical wing. My only issue with him is this injury seems somewhat serious and I've heard from a few people who follow the league very closely (league pass) that he's dumb as a rock.

The kid can ball though.

I would be interested to see if we could get him, but I don't know if we have the goods. Would they want Q back? I doubt it. They don't really have a ton of awful contracts so I don't think Penny or AD could get it done.

[Edited by - crzymdups on 01-05-2006 12:23 AM]
¿ △ ?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/5/2006  12:33 AM
Dude can get to the line I tell you that. With the way the NBA rules are now he would be even more lethal. If he was healthy this season the Clipps would be the best in the west.

That's the thing....dude is always hurt. He's a confident player though.

The Knicks are living in this pipe dream world if they think the expiring contracts are gonna do something. How often in the leagues history have teams given up quality talent just for cap relief? It's happened but it's not like it's a regular thing. I just don't see any teams that are looking to do that type of move. Everyone is trying to win. I think that's why there is no movement this year.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/5/2006  12:48 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

Dude can get to the line I tell you that. With the way the NBA rules are now he would be even more lethal. If he was healthy this season the Clipps would be the best in the west.

That's the thing....dude is always hurt. He's a confident player though.

The Knicks are living in this pipe dream world if they think the expiring contracts are gonna do something. How often in the leagues history have teams given up quality talent just for cap relief? It's happened but it's not like it's a regular thing. I just don't see any teams that are looking to do that type of move. Everyone is trying to win. I think that's why there is no movement this year.

GSW got Baron Davis for ending contracts. Knicks got Crawford for ending contracts. Knicks got Marbury for ending contracts. Detroit got Rasheed for ending contracts. It happens all the time.

The reason there haven't been any trades is that it's early. It doesn't feel early for us because the Knicks have dug a significant hole, but it's very early. Also, I totally believe that the Artest trade is holding everything up around the league. No one wants to be caught with their pants down, trading for Ruben Patterson when they find out the same package plus a pick could have gotten them Artest.

Once Artest moves, the floodgates will open.
¿ △ ?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/5/2006  1:42 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

Once Artest moves, the floodgates will open.

this i agree with....

Still the trades you mentioned all were very similiar in that the teams that traded them did not want them or need them....they all had a plan behind their madness.....
Pheonix knew they were gonna try to get Nash and were that confident he would sign.
Chicago did not want Crawford.....they were thinking draft and still are. They wanted Craw gone and used the Knicks to get what they wanted.
New Orleans was banking on getting one of the three top point guards in the draft and they definately gambled well with Roy.
Atlanta was not going to keep Rasheed anyway. No way.....they were also banking that they were gonna sign some top talent with the money they would save....that turned out to be Joe Johnson.

I don't see that happening in the league this year. Artest does have those similarities but Indiana would rather destroy the team then hand over Artest to NY. Stranger things have happened but it's a crazy long shot. Who else is out there? KG is not available. The T-Wolves still think they can win....along with alot of teams.

Damn man if something could get done why the hell not....I mean cooky Dany Ainge may decide to dump Pierce for a full blown youth movement. That is possible but it's just pipe dreaming right now.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

1/6/2006  10:01 AM
absolutely no way in hell Pierce would ever go to the Knicks - not in the same conference, let alone the same division...Even Ainge ain't that nuts...Not sure if you were specifically talking about the Knicks or league-wide trades in general though...Good possibility he could be dealt somewhere in favor of cap room/full-blown youth movement, especially with the rocky relationship he has with Ainge and Doc Rivers...That I'll go along with.

[Edited by - finestrg on 01-06-2006 10:04 AM]

[Edited by - finestrg on 01-06-2006 10:05 AM]

[Edited by - finestrg on 01-06-2006 10:05 AM]
Maggette seems to live on the trading block

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy