[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

IF there's a trade...it may be q1 for snow
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/4/2006  3:43 PM
cleveland doesn't want snow.
to say q1's adjustment here has been tough is an understatement.

are we going to wait it out with q or will we make this move to give lb one of his players and somebody that would help us more than q1?

i figure we'd start: snow, steph, lee, ad/mo, curry
and off the bench: craw, nate, q2, frye, ad/mo/butler
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/4/2006  3:50 PM
I would do that
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/4/2006  3:51 PM
I'd be up for that. I wonder if there are legitimate talks behind this deal at all?
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/4/2006  3:52 PM
haven't seen snow play in long while, but I would GLADLY trade him straight up for Q1. Why would CLE do this?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
1/4/2006  3:54 PM
cleveland would'nt do it, richardson needs to get healthy for an extended period of time first, I would think.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/4/2006  3:55 PM
Snow is a selfless player but to trade him for Q Rich? I think teams would still give him a chance based on his age and prior sucsess in the league.

Besides.....what would Cleveland look like? They would only have Damon jones at point. What would Q Rich be a sub? would they start him with Hughes? They are already a good team and seem to be really turning the corner. Trading Snow would probably kill the chemistry.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/4/2006  3:55 PM
NO FREAKING WAY!!!!!!

Q1 has sucked, but Eric Snow? Please god NO!!!!!!

25 million over 4 for Snow. Ouch. But Q is around 40 million for 5.

But I guess it would kind of stabilize things for Steph and Craw during different stretches. I just would rather have Steph as my PG than Snow. But maybe he can slow down some of those perimeter guys who have been lighting us up.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/4/2006  4:02 PM
no way do i trade Q Rich for Snow... Jerome James & a 2nd rounder is about all i'd give up.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
EWING33BXNY
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #625
USA
1/4/2006  4:03 PM
ERIC SNOW =

The guy is trash. Just because he is LB's BOY doesn't mean he can play. Lets just get someone else who can hit the 15 footer and run the point. I would rather see Tyronn Lue than Eric Snow, yes he is that bad.
djsunyc
1/4/2006  4:05 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

I'd be up for that. I wonder if there are legitimate talks behind this deal at all?

don't you guys remember i text message isiah all the time?
btw, he's on his way to brussels to meet up with some international scout named "genevieve".

there's no basis for this proposal other than the LSD i purchased this morning. (quick note everyone, DO NOT buy your pharmaceuticals from a guy named "FALCON" in the back of a cab)
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/4/2006  4:10 PM
Snow is less than 50% of the player he was when Brown last coached him. I think we could find some use for him in the short term, but his contract sucks. So does Q's, but who really has a better chance of coming close to their value? Let Q rest his back for a good while and see if he can get his value back up...
SlimPack
USA
1/4/2006  4:10 PM
I actually think this would be a good trade for the knicks, but i just dont see why the cav's would do it considering the fact that q is signed for longer and is damaged goods.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/4/2006  4:30 PM
I still say it's WAY too early to give up on Q. We need a big burly guard. Q is a big burly guard. He needs to learn how to play offense in this system and get healthy, but IF he can, he's just the player we're looking for.

I think MArbury and Crawford have been doing an excellent job at the PG.
¿ △ ?
djsunyc
1/4/2006  4:33 PM
a cleveland fans response:

That's a really good question...actually two questions, one concerning his importance and the second inquiry about whether we'd trade him for Q.

I'm not seeing the trade happening, regardless of Snow's importance to the team. Point guard is one of the Cavs' weakest positions. I don't see us giving up our starter for another swingman, particularly one who would not likely start. Richardson could essentially replace Luke in our second unit, but I'd rather try to develop the talent we have. If Jackson continues to look hesitant out there, bring in Pavlovic. He's anything but gunshy...

We could run an all swingman backcourt, but I don't see the Cavs looking at it. In other words, the coach and the front office think Snow is very valuable to this team. Snow doesn't bring us any offense at all--but our coaching staff feels strongly that the Cavs score plenty of points. Snow's strengths coincide with our weaknesses. He plays tough individual defense, good team defense, and doesn't turn the ball over. (+4 assists/turnovers). He is a stabilizing force, and our team appreciates him for that--even if our fans tend to get frustrated with his offensive impotence.

May I suggest Quentin Richardson for Jameer Nelson? Although, listening to Magic fans, you may have to throw in Ariza to get them to bite...
SlimPack
USA
1/4/2006  4:35 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

May I suggest Quentin Richardson for Jameer Nelson? Although, listening to Magic fans, you may have to throw in Ariza to get them to bite...

i would totally make that deal, but I dont think orland would.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/4/2006  4:37 PM
Do we even think Brown still wants a point guard? I thought Brown was liking the three guard rotation of NAte/Marbury/Craw? Obviously you need some insurance, but if it's to diversify that group, I want a bigger guard.

I'd still rather have Watson over Snow. I agree with the general feeling that once Artest is moved there will be lots of reaction trades. If the Nuggets don't get Artest, we may have a shot at Watson for Q. That I would do.
¿ △ ?
SlimPack
USA
1/4/2006  4:42 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Do we even think Brown still wants a point guard? I thought Brown was liking the three guard rotation of NAte/Marbury/Craw? Obviously you need some insurance, but if it's to diversify that group, I want a bigger guard.

I'd still rather have Watson over Snow. I agree with the general feeling that once Artest is moved there will be lots of reaction trades. If the Nuggets don't get Artest, we may have a shot at Watson for Q. That I would do.

Yeah thats true we need a tall PG, I for one hink that is the team's biggest need. I dont know how brown feels about our current guard rotation but I think we would be alot better off if we could move marbury to SG full-time. no one on our team is really a pg anyway.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
1/4/2006  4:57 PM
> Do we even think Brown still wants a point guard?

crzymdups - Excellent question. I don't think so.

So long as Nate can hold his ground on defense and stay under control all is well... that is until Kobe or Rip Hamilton come calling. The need is for a defensive-minded two, with decent ball handling, some size, and quickness to help Marbury on switches.

If his legs had any spring left, 6'7 Penny would be decent. 6'6 Quinton's back issues do not help much either.

Somebody get Spree on the horn!

1. The Warrior Marbury

2. A reasonable facsimile of 1994 John Starks, the 1999 edition of Latrell or 1999 Allan Houston

1, 2, at THREE. Look At Mister Lee

A reinvented and rededicated Mo Taylor

The incredible shrinking Eddy Curry, down to 282 pounds
once a knick always a knick
IF there's a trade...it may be q1 for snow

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy