[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: K-K-Kool Aid is a flowing and the whiz are a blowing...
Author Thread
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/6/2006  10:00 PM
Knicks 3 games out of 8th seed!
AUTOADVERT
Travla
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #723
USA
1/6/2006  10:01 PM
Good night from Dallas, TX. Knicks will be alright now, they've finally decided to listen and execute LB's game plans. Later Peeps.........
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
1/6/2006  10:10 PM
Posted by Travla:

Good night from Dallas, TX. Knicks will be alright now, they've finally decided to listen and execute LB's game plans. Later Peeps.........

some, like oohah, might say that LB finally changed his plan to better fit the team.
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
1/6/2006  10:11 PM
Another nice win. Tough to win again after a big emotional win against the Suns, so maybe the long break in between helped.

Once the turnovers stopped we became unstoppable too.

Frye has seriously got the sickest jumpshot. Definitely really liking what the rookies are bringing now, and glad to see Brown finally giving them their chance. I find it interesting that we are playing better since they have gotten more burn, because in pre-season the kind of play we are seeing now was there more, when the rookies were getting more playing time. Sure, Nate makes foolish errors when he's excited, Lee is sometimes too unselfish (although he is getting better at the line and with his jumper) and Frye's defense isn't great, but we have not had even one rookie do anywhere near as well as these guys have thusfar in who can even remember how long? I am still going to be cautious with expectations, although I hope this means we are turning it around this season, but I like what I'm seeing this new year...

Also give Marbury a lot of credit tonight to, he played under control, shot a high percentage and made some nice dishes to get 11 assists and only 1 turnover. I thought they should have put ice on that leg bruise (assuming that's what it is) right away, but hopefully it's not too bad.

With that let's hope this team continues to play well.
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/6/2006  10:17 PM
nice win, frye was nasty tonight, curry set the tone early and lee and nate gave us a lot of boards and energy. Between frye and curry that was 43 points and 12 boards tonight, and curry didn't even play much in the second half as the game was out of reach... Ariza and woods gave us quality minutes, and marbs was quietly Loud tonight. Nice floor game. Mo taylor is giving us good play, real good play.Our bench looks deep and it seems as if these guys really like each other and are now playing for each other.. We just looked a lot more athletic than the wizzards tonight..

I must say this, eddie jordan is a good coach, but he is dealing with two jackass nuts in arenas and Jamison, I feel sorry for the guy..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
ALLBaLL2006
Member: #1064

1/6/2006  10:17 PM
Was Channing Frye this good in college?? Also quick question. When there is a trade during draft night involving draft rights to a player being drafted. Did Phoenix draft Nate Robinson and did the Knicks draft Dijon Thompson and just exchanged them or did the Knicks have something to do with the pick of Nate Robinson and the Suns with Dijon? Anyone knows how that works?
attaboy2005
Member: #992

1/6/2006  10:19 PM
Posted by PresIke:

Another nice win. Tough to win again after a big emotional win against the Suns, so maybe the long break in between helped.

Once the turnovers stopped we became unstoppable too.

Frye has seriously got the sickest jumpshot. Definitely really liking what the rookies are bringing now, and glad to see Brown finally giving them their chance. I find it interesting that we are playing better since they have gotten more burn, because in pre-season the kind of play we are seeing now was there more, when the rookies were getting more playing time. Sure, Nate makes foolish errors when he's excited, Lee is sometimes too unselfish (although he is getting better at the line and with his jumper) and Frye's defense isn't great, but we have not had even one rookie do anywhere near as well as these guys have thusfar in who can even remember how long? I am still going to be cautious with expectations, although I hope this means we are turning it around this season, but I like what I'm seeing this new year...

Also give Marbury a lot of credit tonight to, he played under control, shot a high percentage and made some nice dishes to get 11 assists and only 1 turnover. I thought they should have put ice on that leg bruise (assuming that's what it is) right away, but hopefully it's not too bad.

With that let's hope this team continues to play well.

Yes, A real nice win for this, Al Trautwig made a comment during the game saying that he thought that the team was finally turning that corner with LB at the helm and said it 2 or 3 times afterwards. I think they have started to benenfit from LB's tutolage but need to get into a nice long winning streak to really get things back on track.

So far so good, I love the teams' good vibe they seem to have by finally having fun playing basketball again!.
attaboy2005
Member: #992

1/6/2006  10:22 PM
Posted by ALLBaLL2006:

Was Channing Frye this good in college?? Also quick question. When there is a trade during draft night involving draft rights to a player being drafted. Did Phoenix draft Nate Robinson and did the Knicks draft Dijon Thompson and just exchanged them or did the Knicks have something to do with the pick of Nate Robinson and the Suns with Dijon? Anyone knows how that works?

The way it usually works is that the team making a trade with another team during the draft, each team asks the other team to draft a certain player so each team gets the player they want when trading draft picks.

Meaning, Yes, the Knicks had the Suns draft Nate and the Suns had the Knicks draft Thompson.

[Edited by - attaboy2005 on 01-06-2006 3:24 PM]
TymeLessKnicks
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1050
Sweden
1/6/2006  10:51 PM
Posted by PhilinLA:

Arenas gave Nate his jersey! Wow!

wonder if it was a bet? i win i get ur jersey (and ur pride)....
Had enough Melo?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/6/2006  11:03 PM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by Travla:

some, like oohah, might say that LB finally changed his plan to better fit the team.

I for one thinks Larry is a *******. He says he is finally gonna play the kids and stick to a rotation after almost 30 games?

Fuck Larry.

The kids are gonna win and make it interesting and know it alls like you will just be on larrys prostate.

Mind you......after all that? Yeah Larry is a good coach when it comes to game situations. Old prick. He should of had the kids starting straight out of pre season.

Frye with 30 again! Start this kid and give him the rock!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
oohah
Member: #887
1/6/2006  11:06 PM

Stevie Wonder can see that the game plan has changed dramatically.

I for one thinks Larry is a *******. He says he is finally gonna play the kids and stick to a rotation after almost 30 games?

**** Larry.

The kids are gonna win and make it interesting and know it alls like you will just be on larrys prostate.

Mind you......after all that? Yeah Larry is a good coach when it comes to game situations. Old prick. He should of had the kids starting straight out of pre season.

Way to get my back Eny, I've been trying to hold down that other thread...I think I need to tag out!

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 01-06-2006 11:07 PM]
Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
McK1
Member: #964
1/7/2006  12:24 AM
missed the second half but it seems the boys really put it in overdrive after the break. great win.

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
EnySpree

1/7/2006  1:05 AM
Posted by oohah:

Way to get my back Eny, I've been trying to hold down that other thread...I think I need to tag out!

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 01-06-2006 11:07 PM]

Hey us crips gotta stick together. C's up!

Don't try to crip walk though or you'll blow out your knee again, lol!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
SlimPack
USA
1/7/2006  1:23 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

Fuck Larry.

are you talking to me?, what makes you say that Im on LB's prostate? I said that becuase what oohah was saying appears to be right, the knicks started winning when LB stoped playing guys like rose and pushed the ball more which is what oohah has been saying for like... well I dont know exactly how long but hes been saying it for a while at least, instead of them finally figuring out how to play the way LB was using them earlier in the season, which would lend to oohah's beleif that larry wasnt installing some kind of masterplan that would require the team to lose before being able to win, but rather he simply didnt know what he was doing. anyway, I still dont know, If I cant believe in larry brown who can I beleive in? didnt he turn around all those teams around?

[Edited by - slimpack on 01-07-2006 01:25 AM]
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/7/2006  1:33 AM
Ugh, I missed the damn game b/c of work and now they are showing a stupid Rangers classic and not the replay. Maybe they'll show a replay later tonight if I can stay up. Sounds like it was a great game.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
oohah
1/7/2006  1:50 AM
are you talking to me?, what makes you say that Im on LB's prostate? I said that becuase what oohah was saying appears to be right, the knicks started winning when LB stoped playing guys like rose and pushed the ball more which is what oohah has been saying for like... well I dont know exactly how long but hes been saying it for a while at least, instead of them finally figuring out how to play the way LB was using them earlier in the season, which would lend to oohah's beleif that larry wasnt installing some kind of masterplan that would require the team to lose before being able to win, but rather he simply didnt know what he was doing.

Hey slimpack, I did not think you were on my case, and Eny has been saying what I have ben writing for a while longer than me, meanwhile we have been met with a mountain of rhetoric and cliches, so sometimes people are just ready for battle!

I didn't say LB did not know what he is doing, he was simply taking the wrong approach. Making mistakes in short. Even though some people who shall remain unmentioned (Masterplan) don't think LB can make mistakes.

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 01-07-2006 02:00 AM]
BajanKnickFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #936
USA
1/7/2006  1:58 AM
Posted by PhilinLA:

Arenas gave Nate his jersey! Wow!

Its like after a soccer game, its a sign of respect.
oohah
1/7/2006  2:01 AM
anyway, I still dont know, If I cant believe in larry brown who can I beleive in? didnt he turn around all those teams around?

He's been a great coach, but he has had successes and failures. He even made a mistake once I heard!

He has not been a "franchise resurrector" because there is no such thing, you need the players, but he has made good use of his talent historically, the best example being his NCAA championship at Kansas with "Manning and the Miracles".

oohah

SlimPack
USA
1/7/2006  2:03 AM
Posted by oohah:
are you talking to me?, what makes you say that Im on LB's prostate? I said that becuase what oohah was saying appears to be right, the knicks started winning when LB stoped playing guys like rose and pushed the ball more which is what oohah has been saying for like... well I dont know exactly how long but hes been saying it for a while at least, instead of them finally figuring out how to play the way LB was using them earlier in the season, which would lend to oohah's beleif that larry wasnt installing some kind of masterplan that would require the team to lose before being able to win, but rather he simply didnt know what he was doing.

Hey slimpack, I did not think you were on my case, and Eny has been saying what I have ben writing for a while longer than me, meanwhile we have been met with a mountain of rhetoric and cliches, so sometimes people are just ready for battle!

I didn't say LB did not know what he is doing, he was simply taking the wrong approach. Making mistakes in short. Even though some people who shall remain unmentioned (Masterplan) don't think LB can make mistakes.

anyway, I still dont know, If I cant believe in larry brown who can I beleive in? didnt he turn around all those teams around?

He's been a great coach, but he has had successes and failures. He has not been a "franchise resurrector" because there is no such thing, you need the players, but he has made good use of his talent historically, the best example being his NCAA championship at Kansas with "Manning and the Miracles".

oohah

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 01-07-2006 01:55 AM]

[Edited by - oohah on 01-07-2006 01:59 AM]

oh okay, I didnt mean to put words in your mouth, but the overall point is larry seems to have just figured out what certain fans had figured out a while ago, which would mean that larry wasnt using the team correctly in a way that fans couldnt see and that didnt translate into wins like some fans thought, but rather he just didnt figure it out until now, that does kind of dampens his credibility.
EnySpree

1/7/2006  4:08 AM
Posted by SlimPack:

If I cant believe in larry brown who can I beleive in?

[Edited by - slimpack on 01-07-2006 01:25 AM]

hahahahahhahahahahaha....that tickles

Game Thread: K-K-Kool Aid is a flowing and the whiz are a blowing...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy