[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Official "Start Mo Taylor" Thread
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
1/4/2006  12:50 PM
Quietly, Mo Taylor is becoming a solid contributor. Mo is picking up cuts and bruises to his dome as he plays more inside than ever before. If the baby hook turns into his offensive move du jour, all the better. His mid-range jumper does not suck and he can bull inside with the best of them.

On defense, he is at least showing effort and tenacity. His rebounding and passing could use refinements but at this point, with Daviis hurting, playing him next to Lee could be fun. Lee handles the rebounding chores while Mo picks up the scoring void left wide open by Davis shooting under 30 per cent.

Frye gets next with the gazelles Crawford and Qyntel running the floor against overmatched second units. Jackie Butler plays next to Frye for rebounding assistance.

That makes nine.

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
1/4/2006  12:53 PM
Yep, it's looking like MoT is getting LB and LB likes his tenacity, he doesn't seem to pull him out when he has words with the refs or opposing players. he lets him play.

I still liked that trade for MoT...but please don't turn this into one of those bashing threads.

Keep it on the subject.

Start MoT, see what he can do.

I like the Frye/Craw/QWoods second unit as well.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 01-04-2006 12:53 PM]
all kool aid all the time.
misterearl
USA
1/4/2006  12:59 PM
This thread is bash-proofed and troll-protected.

Guarantee: No Diet HaterAde was consumed in the formulation of this thread

> I like the Frye/Craw/QWoods second unit as well.

Minute Men = Phil Jackson, Cazzie Russell, Dave Stallworth anyone?
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
1/4/2006  1:04 PM
The only problem I see in starting Mo is he was a nice sub for Curry to replace the low post presence. Now the 2nd unit would be lacking that, and we know LB likes to run stuff through the post first.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/4/2006  1:16 PM
i don't like having 2 guys who demand the ball down low in Mo T & Curry playing together... neither is a great rebounder either... i prefer having Curry matched w/Frye since they complement each other's game (Frye shoots from the outside, Curry plays inside), w/Lee playing w/either depending if LB wants to go w/a quicker unit or stay w/a better rebounding unit.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/4/2006  1:24 PM
If Mo T started, it's purely b/c Brown doesn't want Frye starting yet, so that he improves his defense convincingly. It's that clear, b/c we can all see that Frye is a little more polished on the offensive end than Taylor is. But Taylor is doing more on the defensive end and Davis is out, so it's Fryes chance now.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
misterearl
USA
1/4/2006  1:28 PM
TMS - the question is also whether Frye or Mo Taylor matches up better on defense. Frye is a rail. Mo has some bulk.

Curry at 285. Taylor at 260 and Lee and 240 give the Knicks some significant muscle up front.

No layups.
Bippity10
Member: #574
1/4/2006  1:30 PM
I think LB is getting comfortable with Mo T's role as the inside post player when Curry is on the bench. He has become almost our instant offense. It's a good role for him because he doesn't have to worry about passing. Just get down low and score. I think we should keep it the way it is. Let's keep AD's stature elevated so the young guys can follow his lead.
I just hope that people will like me
misterearl
USA
1/4/2006  1:32 PM
Gee, ain't it refreshing to have a thread where Knicks basketball is discussed intelligently and respectfully?

Gentlemen, thank you.

Hit the open man.

And don't be surprised if Jackie Butler gets another start at the four.

TMS
USA
1/4/2006  1:33 PM
that's too much bulk... having Curry & Lee starting is enough... put Frye running along w/Marbury, Nate & Lee & you have some good fastbreak balance to go along w/Curry & Steph's pick & roll game... Crawford & Mo T off the bench give you good instant offense when Curry & 1 of the G's gets into foul trouble early.

i just like the balance having Frye & Curry together on the floor creates... nothing against Mo T, i like how he's been playing... i just think the lane gets too clogged to have both Mo T & Curry posting up downlow... you need to have players like Frye playing along the perimeter for when Marbury drives to the hole to kick it out to for open shots.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
misterearl
USA
1/4/2006  1:42 PM
TMS - excellent points.

Frye and Lee seem to be tighter than Sam and Dave. Add Curry and you have some diverse frontcourt crayons that are ripe for Marbury's new enthusiasm and improved decision-making.

But are you really saying that you can see a glimpse of emerging symmetry among our yoots?

Baby steps on the bumpy sidewalk to building a team.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
1/4/2006  2:02 PM
good points, if we started Frye the team would suddenly be all kids and a 28 year young marbs. With Craw as his heir to the PG thrown, it looks as if we may have a future after all.
all kool aid all the time.
TMS
USA
1/4/2006  2:11 PM
we won't have a future as long as we keep adding overpaid veterans who contribute little... please, no more longterm contracts to marginal players who are past their prime (or who will never have one)... if you need a role player, sign a solid vet to a 2 or 3 year deal... no more 5 or 6 year deals unless the player we're signing has the realistic potential to become a star for this franchise during the years we sign him for.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/4/2006  2:37 PM
I bashed the Mo T trade. I thought it was stupid and still think it was stupid. I wanted to go with youth and we had like 5 PFs already, one of which was Sweetney whom I was a big fan off. That being said go back and read, I NEVER said Mo T wasnt a talented player. I just wanted to go in a different direction (young). I watched Mo a lot when he was with the Clippers and always liked his game. He got a little fat with Hou and it seemed he was happy to just score and collect a paycheck.

All thats over now. Mo T is our guy and I'm happy to say he's not just collecting a paycheck. He's playing hard, he's rebounding, he's physical and he's drawing charges. He's better and more skilled than AD and he deserves to play over AD and Rose. As for who starts it doesnt matter to me. I would be inclined to go with Mo to start and use Crawford, Woods and Frye in a very good 2nd unit.

I have been saying for some time now that off all the guys that have been screwed by LB's dumb rotations none have been hosed more than Mo. He's been great. Either he really wants to win or someone set a fire under his butt, because he's earned his minutes.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bippity10
1/4/2006  3:11 PM
All that being said. MoT being hosed etc, he has a reputation for not playing hard throughout his career. I guaranteed all this hosing that is occuring will have him playing harder than he ever has in his career. Just a thought.
Bippity10
1/4/2006  3:13 PM
Chauncy Billups went from an undisplined scorer that didn't know the game to a possible MVP candidate. You can plug this guy in any system and he would flourish now that he has learned the game. This doesn't happen by just giving guys minutes and seeing what they can do.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/4/2006  3:20 PM
it comes down to whether Larry thinks its better to start Frye and lose rebounding and a little defense or start Mo and lose his inside presense off the bench.
misterearl
USA
1/4/2006  4:24 PM
>I would be inclined to go with Mo to start and use Crawford, Woods and Frye in a very good 2nd unit.

fishmike - you are a most honorable writer to confirm out your stance on a player and stick to your position. One of the things that has plagued the Knicks, patented SLOW offensive starts, is somewhat corrected by having Mo Taylor and Eddy Curry on the floor to establish the inside game and take point blank shots.

Open jump shots are nice, but how many of us really expect another 10-11 from the field from Lee?

Once Eddy and Mo improve their recognition and passing out of the post, THEN we will see some stylish basketball that could easily resemble the Sacramento Kings if not the vintage Knicks of Red Holzman.

I get the feeling THAT is precisely where Larry is trying to take the new team.

Having said that, if Marbury is happy with the latest rotation and rhythm, then dagnabbit - I'm happy too.

We Know Drama

The Official "Start Mo Taylor" Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy