martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/4/2006  11:02 AM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by martin:
Posted by McK1:

NY took leads in the first and second overtimes. Phoenix down 3 starters and the other 2 with 5 fouls apiece came back both times and tied it.

We had the serious man advantage from about the 6 minute mark in the fourth qtr on and still couldn't win until Nash was literally on his last leg.

on the other hand the Knicks had 2 rookies play the last chunk of minutes and 3 rookies get lots of time.

Man, a win is a win no matter who the team or what their record is. And the claim about the starter being out is a crock - because Phoenix had to foul, ei play against the rules, just to keep UP with the Knicks, and in the end it did not prevail. Having players foul out is not an excuse as to why the other team fell into a win.

so once Diaw KT and Bell were done, you expected the game to go into 1 overtime let alone 3.

to a bad team "a win is a win"

[Edited by - McK1 on 01-04-2006 11:00 AM]

Isles, I have found your long lost brother.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/4/2006  11:04 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by martin:
Posted by McK1:

NY took leads in the first and second overtimes. Phoenix down 3 starters and the other 2 with 5 fouls apiece came back both times and tied it.

We had the serious man advantage from about the 6 minute mark in the fourth qtr on and still couldn't win until Nash was literally on his last leg.

on the other hand the Knicks had 2 rookies play the last chunk of minutes and 3 rookies get lots of time.

Man, a win is a win no matter who the team or what their record is. And the claim about the starter being out is a crock - because Phoenix had to foul, ei play against the rules, just to keep UP with the Knicks, and in the end it did not prevail. Having players foul out is not an excuse as to why the other team fell into a win.

so once Diaw KT and Bell were done, you expected the game to go into 1 overtime let alone 3.

to a bad team "a win is a win"

[Edited by - McK1 on 01-04-2006 11:00 AM]

Isles, I have found your long lost brother.

haha, was about to post the same thing, but after what happened yesterday i figured it better if i didnt.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/4/2006  11:07 AM
Steph likes David Lee...you can tell. I know it doesn't sound like much on the surface, but whenever Steph has confidence in a player he definitely makes a point of getting him the ball. Let's hope this work out.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/4/2006  11:09 AM
I don't get why certain people even bother posting on this forum or even watching the games. It sounds like all they want to do spin anything the Knicks do well into something bad. It's pretty hard to tell whether McK1 was even rooting for the Knicks against the Suns - my guess is that he wasn't. Which begs me to ask this question - Why are you on this forum?
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
1/4/2006  11:09 AM
I feel like bunker I miss when "stars where stars."

Isiah the player would never had showed the "grateful" attitude the Knicks showed after a win like that. He would've flat out said

THIS GAME SHOULD'VE NEVER WENT TO OT
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
McK1
1/4/2006  11:16 AM
Posted by nyk4ever:

I don't get why certain people even bother posting on this forum or even watching the games. It sounds like all they want to do spin anything the Knicks do well into something bad. It's pretty hard to tell whether McK1 was even rooting for the Knicks against the Suns - my guess is that he wasn't. Which begs me to ask this question - Why are you on this forum?

and its very hard to fathom why guys are so accepting of the play not to lose mentality this team continues to show despite the talent on the team.

the fact these guys don't play to win is sickening. As old and un-athletic as Layden's teams were, at least they played hard.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/4/2006  11:46 AM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by nyk4ever:

and its very hard to fathom why guys are so accepting of the play not to lose mentality this team continues to show despite the talent on the team.

the fact these guys don't play to win is sickening. As old and un-athletic as Layden's teams were, at least they played hard.

it's a perspective thing man. If you expected the Knicks to be a 50 win game team out of the gate because of the potential and new coach, you are set to be disappointed. Even if you expected to play .500% ball with this club Nov-Jan, I think you may have overshot your load too.

Brown has said his team will come out slow while they learn his system. Key guys have been hurt. Rookies have gotten key minutes. Q has sucked. Brown is learning his guys. JJ is fat. Curry is still out of shape. Marb is sometimes hard to get through to.

Add those things up and you can only hope and cheer for tangible progress. The game against PHO was one of them. Yeah, the current Knicks SUCK BIG TIME. Does that also mean that we cannot see some good things in a game against a pretty good team (albeit without their best player)?

And that is why you have so many people happy after the PHO game, and perhaps why you are still grumbling after a lowly win.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
McK1
1/4/2006  12:07 PM
its not about the record. I didn't and don't expect play-offs or even .500 ball.

Only thing I expected was improvement in Crawford and Nat which is happening.

My beef is with the overall attitude. Following the game last New Years NJ was 11-18 and we were 16-14 when Kidd made his I don't care about beating the Knicks they're just another bad team comment.

People on the sites got their panties in a bunch but Kidd's approach is right. Thats the mentality you want the face of your franchise to have.

T-Mac recently had a quotable about as long as he is in that uni the Rockets will not falter.

Remember Hassellback in last years play-offs. 8-8 Hawks on the road OT in Lambeau, he said we want the ball and the win. 3 plays later he threw the pick. This year they are 13-3 and the no. 1 team in the NFC.

NY players show no such pride about the win

[Edited by - McK1 on 01-04-2006 12:08 PM]
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
1/4/2006  12:08 PM
I think MCK1 has a point, the knicks played poorly in the second half. and kind of in the overtimes as well, thats why I wasnt all that impressed with the win, its good that they won but it wasnt all that impressive, they need to get better if they're gonna salvage their season, I still think this team needs a pg. Althouh unlike mck1 I'm not going to go down to the league office and request that the win be turned into a loss.
McK1
1/4/2006  12:16 PM
thing is slim, I said what I said jokingly.

guys are worked up b/c this team isn't meeting their expectations.

thats why there are a million Larry Brown has lost it threads started nightly. Its not like Gibbs coming back after 11 years and re-adjusting. The man just went to back-to-back Finals the prior 2 seasons, yet he gets trashed on the internet sites.

[Edited by - McK1 on 01-04-2006 12:16 PM]
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
1/4/2006  12:20 PM
Keep the kool aid flowing fellas.

Posted by nyk4ever:

Which begs me to ask this question - Why are you on this forum?

[Edited by - rvhoss on 01-04-2006 12:21 PM]
all kool aid all the time.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
1/4/2006  12:32 PM
Stephon v Larry Round One

There was a standing eight count preceeding after the Orlando game. Rumor and innuendo ruled the day. Roles and expectations were up for grabs as Marbury played with every perpetually shifting part on the roster. Turnovers happen as strangers get acquainted.

However, Marbury collected his ego and was revived in between rounds. He re-appeared in Milwaukee focused and determined. He landed several telling blows although the Knicks did not get the win.

LB and Marbs shook hands and came out fighting for a common cause.. Against Phoenix, Marbury dished and swished.

David Lee ran the floor. Eddy hit his clutch free throws and made friends with the paint. Jamal did his George Gervin thing. Nate was solid as a rock. Mo Taylor played rugged inside and is gradually earning his minutes with the starters. Qyntel appeared at just the right time for a rebound and pased the ball crisply.

Stephon and Larry even smiled at each other coming out of a huddle.

Now, go out there and make your free throws!

Do We Know Drama Or What?

[Edited by - MisterEarl on 01-04-2006 12:34 PM]
once a knick always a knick
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/4/2006  12:36 PM
Posted by McK1:

thats why there are a million Larry Brown has lost it threads started nightly. Its not like Gibbs coming back after 11 years and re-adjusting. The man just went to back-to-back Finals the prior 2 seasons, yet he gets trashed on the internet sites.

I agree with you about the people who bash Larry Brown, I've been trying to calm everyone down becuase this isn't some idiot off the streets... this is Larry Brown, let him do his thing he's the most well-respected coach in the NBA. Just ask the other coaches and GMs.

I just think when people come on this forum and go out of their way to discredit the Knicks after a win against a good team just becuase they have an angle that they like to play on a forum - an angle of hating everything that goes on with the team and never saying a good thing about anyone or anything. Now thats annoying.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 01-04-2006 12:36 PM]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
1/4/2006  12:39 PM
nyk4eva - some people aren't happy unless they are unhappy

I'm Spartacus dammit!
once a knick always a knick
rvhoss
Switzerland
1/4/2006  12:44 PM
good or bad, atleast the posts are all about the knicks.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/4/2006  12:47 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by McK1:

I agree with you about the people who bash Larry Brown, I've been trying to calm everyone down becuase this isn't some idiot off the streets... this is Larry Brown, let him do his thing he's the most well-respected coach in the NBA. Just ask the other coaches and GMs.

I just think when people come on this forum and go out of their way to discredit the Knicks after a win against a good team just becuase they have an angle that they like to play on a forum - an angle of hating everything that goes on with the team and never saying a good thing about anyone or anything. Now thats annoying.

I agree.
Bippity10
Member: #574
1/4/2006  12:47 PM
The Knicks have now outplayed two straight opponents and should have two wins to show for it. I think as time goes byo you will see us beat Milwaukee and close out Phoenix in regulation. This team is definitely making progress. Guys are understanding how hard they have to play to stay on the court. Guys know that no matter how well they played a month ago they don't get minutes unless they earn it. LB has created an atmosphere of competition. David Lee upped the bar last night, earlier in the year it was Nate. Who's next?

Guys are starting to get "it", let's just hope it translates into wins
I just hope that people will like me
rvhoss
Switzerland
1/4/2006  12:48 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Posted by nyk4ever:

McK1
1/4/2006  1:15 PM
its not discredit. they are 8-21.

every time this team has an exciting win ie the Philly game, the Seattle game, here come the 100,000 we've turned the corner...this is the stepping stone thread only to be followed by a 5 game losing streak.

This is not a team of 1st and 2nd players getting big minutes. Most of the guys on this team have been in the league 5 years.

they played hard out West and the prevailing notion was oh once we get home blah, blah, blah

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/4/2006  1:18 PM
Posted by SlimPack:

I think MCK1 has a point, the knicks played poorly in the second half. and kind of in the overtimes as well, thats why I wasnt all that impressed with the win, its good that they won but it wasnt all that impressive, they need to get better if they're gonna salvage their season, I still think this team needs a pg. Althouh unlike mck1 I'm not going to go down to the league office and request that the win be turned into a loss.

baby steps. a win is a win and builds confidence
Steph on Last nights win.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy