[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

LATEST RUMOR FROM CHAD FORD & STEPHEN A SMITH
Author Thread
K9
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #242
USA
7/19/2002  12:02 PM
3 way deal of CLEVELAND trading MILLER to NEW YORK / NEW YORK trading SPREWELL & HARRINGTON to ATLANTA / ATLANTA trading DEION GLOVER & JASON TERRY to CLEVELAND & NAZR MOHAMMED & DEMARR JOHNSON to NEW YORK !!! KNICKS: C=NAZR PF=MCDYESS SF=DEMARR JOHNSON SG=HOUSTON PG=MILLER / HAWKS C=RATLIFF PF=HARRINGTON SF=RAHEEM SG=SPREWELL PG=DICKEAU / CAVS C=Z/MIHM PF=??? SF=DAVIS SG=TERRY PG=WAGNER... this is not my report, it came form the radio (ESPN)
AUTOADVERT
Offedge
Member: #280
7/19/2002  12:09 PM
That would be a great trade for us. But sounds unlikeley, why would the cavs want Terry? They would have 2 undersized SGs and no true PG. This trade sounds very lopsided, where the cavs get shafted.
I would love for this trade to happen though.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/19/2002  12:30 PM
My god....we get Nazr, Demarr and Miller for Spree and Harrington???? Chad must be smoking something. Does this seem too one sided in NY favor to anyone?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/19/2002  12:40 PM
Posted by Andrew:

My god....we get Nazr, Demarr and Miller for Spree and Harrington???? Chad must be smoking something. Does this seem too one sided in NY favor to anyone?
Yeah it definitely seems like we get the upper end of this deal. The deal i heard from insider had the knicks just dealing with Atlanta. Sprewell and Harrington go south and Jason Terry, Nazr Mohammed, and Alan Henderson come to new york. That would be a very good deal because we add a good, young scorer in Terry, a solid center in Nazr, and a replacement for Spree at SF in Henderson, providing he can stay healthy. The key is whether or not Terry can play the point, which i think he will be able to. Thoughts?
ATLKnick
Member: #273
USA
7/19/2002  1:13 PM
See my reply to the Jason Terry thread. Also, Henderson is definately a PF not a SF by any means. I think you meant Johnson at SF. As I said in the JT thread, the only way I would trade with ATL was if a PG like Miller was somehow included in a subsequent trade. I think it's a good trade for the Hawks and Knicks, but I can't see why Cleveland would do this trade though. It would seem you would have to give them a PF that could start.
Old School Knick Fan
Knixkik
USA
7/19/2002  1:20 PM
The latest deal i've heard has Sprewell, Harrington, and Illguaskus of cleveland going to atlanta, Glover, Terry, and a filler going to cleveland, and Miller, Mohammed, and DerMarr Johnson coming to New York. If that deal falls through, New York and Atlanta will likely just deal with Spree and Harrington going to Atlanta and Terry, Mohammed, and either Johnson or Henderson coming to new york.
ATLKnick
Member: #273
USA
7/19/2002  1:32 PM
I'd do the deal with CLE included, but I'm not sure about the other deal as I don't think JT addresses our PG need. Either way you have to hope that DJ develops into a good SF. Also, how would McD feel about trading away Spree after he said that Spree was the reason he ok'ed the trade in the first place. Do you think the Knicks would discuss it with him first if they have any chance of resigning him?
Old School Knick Fan
nwny
Member: #284
7/19/2002  2:08 PM
This ain't happening. Not in this form. Everybody gets screwed except us. And like Keven McHAle says:

"Nothing's going to happen for a lot of reasons. I'm trying to make my team better. Believe it or not, you guys from New York think everyone's out there to make the Knicks better. That's not the way it works. I'm looking to make our team better, which is a foreign concept to you guys in New York."

I know he was talking about the Wolves but the same concept applies. Don't believe rumors that sound lopsided in our favor. Think win/win for everbody. Anyhting is just the media trying to sell newspapers or ratings.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/19/2002  2:24 PM
Posted by nwny:

This ain't happening. Not in this form. Everybody gets screwed except us. And like Keven McHAle says:

"Nothing's going to happen for a lot of reasons. I'm trying to make my team better. Believe it or not, you guys from New York think everyone's out there to make the Knicks better. That's not the way it works. I'm looking to make our team better, which is a foreign concept to you guys in New York."

I know he was talking about the Wolves but the same concept applies. Don't believe rumors that sound lopsided in our favor. Think win/win for everbody. Anyhting is just the media trying to sell newspapers or ratings.

True, nwny, very true. Too many people nowadays are so fickle that when they hear a rumor, they believe it right away. I actually would not be suprised if after all this jabber, Allan Houston ends up the one getting traded. That would be poetic justice for all the folks who have been jumping through hoops over every petty rumor that the media spits out.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Knixkik
USA
7/19/2002  6:23 PM
Cleveland seems hesistant to deal so i think the Knick and Hawks will deal. Sprewell and Harrington for Terry, Mohammed, and Henderson is a very good deal because it addresses our major needs. After that we trade KT for a legit starting SF.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
7/19/2002  7:04 PM
After that we trade KT for a legit starting SF

Knicks could just sign (with any luck) Rodney Rogers to the full midlevel for the full 6 years.
Knixkik
USA
7/19/2002  7:53 PM
Knicks could just sign (with any luck) Rodney Rogers to the full midlevel for the full 6 years.
It could happen but it's another longshot. If Spree is traded and the Knicks bring in a decent center than you know Thomas is on his way out.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/19/2002  8:33 PM

[/quote]

True, nwny, very true. Too many people nowadays are so fickle that when they hear a rumor, they believe it right away. I actually would not be suprised if after all this jabber, Allan Houston ends up the one getting traded. That would be poetic justice for all the folks who have been jumping through hoops over every petty rumor that the media spits out.
[/quote]
SORRY HARDCORE but it ain't gonna happen. Knicks cannot trade H20 unless they do a 5 to 7 player bombshell just to make it work capwise.
Houston's contract all but strapped the knicks organization for now unless you want to trade him for Chris Webber. That works capwise but we all know it will never happen. Maybe Layden will surprise us with a trade but subtracting AllAN from the equation is pretty much difficult. Chaney would rather get rid of spree instead of HOUSTON. Chaney drafted houston from the days of detroit, he rather keep him
The Future. GO KNICKS!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/19/2002  11:26 PM
Posted by knicksbb10:

SORRY HARDCORE but it ain't gonna happen. Knicks cannot trade H20 unless they do a 5 to 7 player bombshell just to make it work capwise.
Houston's contract all but strapped the knicks organization for now unless you want to trade him for Chris Webber. That works capwise but we all know it will never happen. Maybe Layden will surprise us with a trade but subtracting AllAN from the equation is pretty much difficult. Chaney would rather get rid of spree instead of HOUSTON. Chaney drafted houston from the days of detroit, he rather keep him

Um,...just because it works on realGM doesn't mean that player's salaries this (2002-03) year will match the same. Players' salaries increase at different percentages every year. Teams make deals and sign players too, right? We all know Allan is ya boy, and once again, the bias is obvious. Oh, BTW, McDyess wants Spree to stay; and there are teams that would take Allan before Spree because they just need a jump shooter instead of a player with multidimensional skills like Latrell.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/19/2002 23:27:52]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/19/2002  11:50 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:
Posted by knicksbb10:

Um,...just because it works on realGM doesn't mean that player's salaries this (2002-03) year will match the same. Players' salaries increase at different percentages every year. Teams make deals and sign players too, right? We all know Allan is ya boy, and once again, the bias is obvious. Oh, BTW, McDyess wants Spree to stay; and there are teams that would take Allan before Spree because they just need a jump shooter instead of a player with multidimensional skills like Latrell.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/19/2002 23:27:52]
Yeah but understand that ALLAN and MCDYESS were teammates in the Olympics and won the gold medal together so now they'll be trying for the gold trophy of the NBA championship together!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/20/2002  12:13 AM
Posted by knicksbb10:
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:
Posted by knicksbb10:

Yeah but understand that ALLAN and MCDYESS were teammates in the Olympics and won the gold medal together so now they'll be trying for the gold trophy of the NBA championship together!!
A summer compared to an alma mater? I'll let everyone else on this board answer that. Stating the obvious is a waste of time IMO at this point. The 'Bama Brothers can WIN a title, but guess what- yup, you got it- we need COMPONENTS. Everyone on this board has been discussing adding or subtracting components to/from the team.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/20/2002 01:12:35]
LATEST RUMOR FROM CHAD FORD & STEPHEN A SMITH

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy