[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

zeke's solution to the JJ signing
Author Thread
curry32
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1001

1/3/2006  2:16 PM
he flat out knows it was a mistake, and he said so after he signed curry... this is how he is solving it: he's indefinately suspending him and in doing so he will be fined. the longer he is suspended the more of his contract is absolved. unfortunately zeke cant do this for the entire contract, but its a good way to atleast subside the mess.
AUTOADVERT
attaboy2005
Member: #992

1/3/2006  2:20 PM
He definitely isn't worthy of his present contract, but I think JJ if he really appiled himself, he could be a good center whether backup or starter, he has some skills he just doesn't bring it every nite.
FireIsiah
Member: #1029

1/3/2006  2:25 PM
JJ averaged 14 minutes a game in his career, i dont think that deserves starter money.
I want to leave something that's going to stand for a long timeI want to leave a legacy,I want to leave tradition.I want to leave an imprint,a blueprint in terms of how people play,and how they coach and how they respond when they put on the Knick uni.
McK1
Member: #964
1/3/2006  2:27 PM
Prolly searching for a loop hole to find him in breach and rescend. Isiah is a slick one.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/3/2006  2:29 PM
Posted by FireIsiah:

JJ averaged 14 minutes a game in his career, i dont think that deserves starter money.

the $5M+ JJ is getting is not starter money for a C for sure.

I am still holding out hope that the guys can bring 10-15 minutes a night of solid play. That's all he has to do to earn his contract. Defense first and putbacks on the O.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/3/2006  2:31 PM
no it isnt... there's only a certain amount of time you can fine/suspend a guy. Its in the CBA. After a week or so it would go to arbitration and the players union will fight it.

If anything Zeke is hurting and chance he has of trading this pig slop. No if ands or butts. This guy is our mess until he gets bought out or packaged in some trade thats really bad talent wise for us.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
McK1
Member: #964
1/3/2006  2:33 PM
every Isiah trade and signing has had the dreaded "hope" tag attached to it
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/3/2006  2:39 PM
MLE: $$$ a team over the salary cap can use to sign a free agent. usually around $5 mil a year.

AKA the ONLY way we can bring in players on our terms (sans draft).

isiah's MLE signings: vin baker + jerome james

can you think of a bigger waste of $38 mil dollars?

i mean seriously, $38 F'N MILLION DOLLARS down the tube. and people are losing their $40K a year jobs while $38 F'N MILLION is just thrown away into the trash.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/3/2006  2:45 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by FireIsiah:

the $5M+ JJ is getting is not starter money for a C for sure.

I am still holding out hope that the guys can bring 10-15 minutes a night of solid play. That's all he has to do to earn his contract. Defense first and putbacks on the O.

I'm of the same opinion- that if JJ can put it together for 10-15 minutes a night when needed, he's earning his money and he's tradeable.

Unfortunately, JJ, Q & Curry have been hurt/off and so it just magnifies the situation.

Hey- as far as working on New Years day, I've got to admit even if I was making $5m, I would be less than thrilled at having to show up for work @ 10AM.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
1/3/2006  2:51 PM
The Wizards may be a team that would take him off our hands.

A deal of James & Ariza for Antonio Daniels & Andre Blatche could do it.

Giving up Ariza is tough but he's out of the rotation and Blatche is a 2nd rounder who has as much potential as Ariza.

Most importantly we get the back-up pg and peremeter defender we need.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/3/2006  2:54 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

MLE: $$$ a team over the salary cap can use to sign a free agent. usually around $5 mil a year.

i mean seriously, $38 F'N MILLION DOLLARS down the tube. and people are losing their $40K a year jobs while $38 F'N MILLION is just thrown away into the trash.

why bring up vin baker? hes no longer with us. besides, we all know why he was given a contract

bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/3/2006  3:20 PM
Our only hope is that Artest doesn't get traded to Denver and Camby is out longer than expected. That way, Denver may get desperate and trick themselves into believeing they can ressurect Q-Rich in there run and gun offense and may even take a shot on JJ to fill the void in Camby's absence. I'm sure this is the longest of long shots but hey...

[Edited by - bigbeast on 01-03-2006 3:34 PM]
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
jaydh
1/3/2006  3:21 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

Our only hope is that Artest doesn't get traded to Denver and Camby is out longer than expected. That way, Denver may get desperate and tremselves into believeing they can ressurect Q-Rich in there run and gun offense and may even take a shot on JJ to fill the void Camby's absence. I'm sure this is the longest of long shots but hey...

our best bet is to trade Q to Denver or Minny; i dont see anyone else wanting him.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/3/2006  3:44 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by djsunyc:

why bring up vin baker? hes no longer with us. besides, we all know why he was given a contract

Yeah, because Isiah is either a complete idiot or he's pathetic enough to be taken advantage of by a player's agent. I'll let you choose.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
jaydh
1/3/2006  5:03 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by djsunyc:

Yeah, because Isiah is either a complete idiot or he's pathetic enough to be taken advantage of by a player's agent. I'll let you choose.

deleted...

deleted...

deleted...

how about this...isles, you are way off, had to do with his alcohol addicition....better?

[Edited by - jaydh on 01-03-2006 5:05 PM]
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
1/3/2006  5:06 PM
jaydh, take a hint.

When someone fails to abide by the rules a little lock appears next to their user name.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
jaydh
1/3/2006  5:06 PM
Posted by Andrew:

jaydh, take a hint.

When someone fails to abide by the rules a little lock appears next to their user name.

thats fine and all, but its not like this is the first time something like that has been allowed..
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/3/2006  5:12 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by Andrew:

jaydh, take a hint.

thats fine and all, but its not like this is the first time something like that has been allowed..

Man, what did I miss???
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
jaydh
1/3/2006  5:13 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by Andrew:

jaydh, take a hint.

Man, what did I miss???

i love you
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
1/3/2006  10:40 PM
James can change a game in the middle when he actually PLAYS.

But that doesn't happen often.

And please, GOD.....No more shooting. Big Snacks couldn't hit a 10 footer for his life if there was a bacon cheeseburger in it for him.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
zeke's solution to the JJ signing

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy