Jason Terry
Author Thread
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
7/19/2002  5:15 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/4193p-3846c.html

Just take Jason Terry (+ Dermarr Johnson) and start him at the point.
AUTOADVERT
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
7/19/2002  7:56 AM
Good thing u arent Gm. Andre Miller is the prize of the summer. If the Knicks land Miller it will make tremendous impact on the team. Also Knicks would have a very young team once we sign a C.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
7/19/2002  8:42 AM
How can the NYK land Miller? It's not that I don't love 'Dre but there's ins't a clear cut way we can land him.

Jason Terry is a very good player, a scoring PG playing the 2.

If the knicks could land Jason Terry + Nazr Mohammed + Dermarr Johnson + Alan Henderson (bad contract, the incentive to let them do the trade)

for KT + Spree

the knicks in one trade would get a point, SF and a center without using any of the exceptions. Furthemore they'd get alot younger and actually be in a position to trade for a young player like 'Dre Miller which isn't possible now (cavs said they wanted at least two promising young players and the NYK are short on those).

I'd do the above trade in a ny minute, would solve the most immediate problems and enhance future trade possibilities. Furthermore Jason Terry and DJ haven't peaked by a longshot. The midlevel could then be used on Rodney Rogers, who can play the 3,4 and 5 while the 1.4 exception would be given to Jarron Collins who did an outstanding job in Utah.

NYK lineup

PG Terry, Ward, Eisley, Fwill

SG AH, Terry, Postell

SF Rodney, DJ, Postell

PF Dice, Rodney, Spoon, Othella, Alan Henderson

C Nazr, Jarron, Knight

that's a full 15 roster, with leaving a possible trade with Ward, Othella and Spoon to clear up a roster spot.

Ward is in the final stages of his contract, Othella has a cheap contract and Spoon is a very serviceable player.

no you're probably glad I'm not a GM, as this is a too good of a roster for the NYK.
falcindor
USA
7/19/2002  8:53 AM
Please tell me how that improves the team Knicks dont need more bench players they need a standout player. Terry is nice i must admit but hes no natural PG and is a little short to be a 2. Plus we already have a 2 in Houston. Knick have already expierement with the 2 SGs for 4 years now and it dont work. Knick need a standout PG or C by trading Spree.
falcindor
USA
7/19/2002  8:59 AM
Why would ATL do that why would they trade young for old? Please tell me how ATL gets better in your trade. First of all Terry is better than Spree. Plus Knicks arent looking a 2. Why would they trade Mohammed who had done well for them.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/19/2002  9:32 AM
If Terry and DJ become develop it would be an good trade. The Knicks get younger which I think most Knick fans would like to see. Terry might someday turn into a point guard,, you never know.

Landing Miller doesn't seem like it could happen at this point but we can always pray.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
nykfan4ever
Member: #193
7/19/2002  10:04 AM
it says something about it in Insider...can some1 post it?
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
7/19/2002  10:12 AM
Just got an email from someone from ATL, he says that Terry, although very good, lacks court visoin to be a good PG. He has everything needed, speed, footwork, handles but when he plays the point he makes stupid mistakes.

Problem is though, why would Cleveland want Terry? They've got their combo guard in Dajaun Wagner right? So this could be a 3way with Minny again.

To answer the question though, ATL would do this trade to get a more mature core and because Ratliff is in full health (so Nazr sayonara, he's been connected to a few other rumors). Theo and Shareef make the big buck on their roster and Alan Henderson is the BAD contract, if they can get rid of him and get Spree they'll do it even if it costs Terry.

All in all, trading with ATL would upgrade our roster, but it's unlikely it will happen FROM the knicks perspective.
falcindor
USA
7/19/2002  10:20 AM
Honestly I think its a 3 way for NY to get Odom and Mohommad. Clipps need a PG and Terry doesnt make a boatload of cash it might work out.
ClydeDaGlide
Member: #275
USA
7/19/2002  10:41 AM
Does anyone else find it rather...whats the word I'm searching for here...comical that the Knicks orginazation is now persuing a guy who we could have just drafted in the first place? Our front office is retarded...
I came here to drink beer and kick some ass, and we're almost out of beer...
nykinoz
Member: #205
Australia
7/19/2002  10:52 AM
This is from ESPN Insider:

The latest has the Knicks and Hawks talking about a trade that would send Spree and Othella Harrington to Atlanta for Jason Terry, Nazr Mohammed and Alan Henderson. The Hawks have been shopping Terry since they acquired Dan Dickau on draft night.

According to one Hawks souce, the coaching staff doesn't believe Terry has a future as a two guard because of his size. While he's shown flashes at point guard, the Hawks would prefer to deal him and bring in a more experienced, taller two guard that would allow them to play Dickau. Spree, who has been stuck playing out of position in New York his entire tenure there, meets the description. With young swingmen like Dion Glover and DerMarr Johnson waiting in the wings, the Hawks can afford to let Terry slide away.

The Knicks, who are desperate to upgrade at point guard and center, get both needs taken care of with one fell swoop. Mohammed is better than any free agent centers out there right now. Terry's game is hard to figure out, but the Knicks believe he can still play the point. While Henderson's salary (3 years, $22 million remaining) is tough to swallow, that has never stopped the Knicks in the past. The Knicks have been trying to get Toni Kukoc thrown into the swap instead of Henderson, but right now the Hawks aren't budging.
Offedge
Member: #280
7/19/2002  11:54 AM
Posted by nykinoz:

This is from ESPN Insider:

The latest has the Knicks and Hawks talking about a trade that would send Spree and Othella Harrington to Atlanta for Jason Terry, Nazr Mohammed and Alan Henderson. The Hawks have been shopping Terry since they acquired Dan Dickau on draft night.

According to one Hawks souce, the coaching staff doesn't believe Terry has a future as a two guard because of his size. While he's shown flashes at point guard, the Hawks would prefer to deal him and bring in a more experienced, taller two guard that would allow them to play Dickau. Spree, who has been stuck playing out of position in New York his entire tenure there, meets the description. With young swingmen like Dion Glover and DerMarr Johnson waiting in the wings, the Hawks can afford to let Terry slide away.

The Knicks, who are desperate to upgrade at point guard and center, get both needs taken care of with one fell swoop. Mohammed is better than any free agent centers out there right now. Terry's game is hard to figure out, but the Knicks believe he can still play the point. While Henderson's salary (3 years, $22 million remaining) is tough to swallow, that has never stopped the Knicks in the past. The Knicks have been trying to get Toni Kukoc thrown into the swap instead of Henderson, but right now the Hawks aren't budging.

Thats a retarded trade, we dont need an under sized SG (Jason terry can't play the point) and another bad contract. We need a pure PG , who will dish...
Layden , cant be this stupid, we need to keep spree and KT and wait for a better deal.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/19/2002  12:42 PM
I think it's a nice deal. We get a lot younger and add three starters for the price of one. I'd do it in a second.
ATLKnick
Member: #273
USA
7/19/2002  12:58 PM
I live in Atlanta and have watched the Hawks both in person and on TV for the last several years and I woulldn't trade for anyone the Hawks have outside of Shareef. When JT was drafted as a PG I said it was a mistake. They were drafting a SG in a PG body and that was proven very quickly when they shifted him to SG and he has done fairly well. When he plays the point and tries to run the team his offense suffers and he gets frustrated and makes way too many turnovers. He is not the PG the Knicks need if you want someone to run the team and pass well. According to the papers down here he was working on becoming a PG prior to the draft, but that was before they acquired Dickau. As for the other players mentioned:

Ratliff-who knows if he will ever be the same player he was. Even the Hawks aren't sure which is why they made it a priority to resign Nazr. Remember his injury was to his hip which can be a very tricky area in healing and seem to only get worse over time, not better.

Nazr- Very good back up center in the KT mold(more low post moves though)and is a decent starter. Did a good job in place of Theo last year so I doubt the Hawks would want to trade him until they see if Ratliff is going to hold up. He would be key in any trade between the Hawks and Knicks.

DJ- Has yet to live up to his promise and has been terrible on D (if you could combine his game with Shandon's D he would be a very good player and the Hawks would be talking about whether he should get the max). He definately has offensive talent, but will not help the Knicks at this point. Plus I'm not sure if the Hawks want to give up on a former lottery pick this quickly.

Henderson- No need to discuss. The Hawks would give him up in a heartbeat. Nice, hardworking player, but has a terrible contract and we have more than our fair share of these.

Please don't think you are getting a "true" PG in JT and unless this was the prelude to another trade (BD or 'Dre) then I would not trade with the Hawks at all as a Knick fan. But it would make the Hawks more exciting and I may even go to a few more games besides when the Knicks or other interesting teams are in town.
Old School Knick Fan
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/19/2002  1:44 PM
unless we get dre, don't move spree
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/19/2002  2:34 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

As much as I really want Spree to stay put, I'd be able to live with trading for Andre, like you mentioned, or Baron Davis (Especially Baron because he has that Hardcore edge like Spree does).

What I DON'T want to see is NYK trading Spree, who brings Fire and Heart, for some aloof, defensively deficient, one-dimensional Softee who seriously lacks Fire and Heart. Bottom line.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/19/2002 14:44:21]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/19/2002  9:25 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:
Posted by Caseloads:

As much as I really want Spree to stay put, I'd be able to live with trading for Andre, like you mentioned, or Baron Davis (Especially Baron because he has that Hardcore edge like Spree does).

What I DON'T want to see is NYK trading Spree, who brings Fire and Heart, for some aloof, defensively deficient, one-dimensional Softee who seriously lacks Fire and Heart. Bottom line.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/19/2002 14:44:21]
It's probably time for Spree to go but who are you referring to as a deficient on defense and lacks fire???? Look, Knicks need to get younger and Spree isn't a spring chicken.. Playing sf will slow him down very soon. Knicks need to get younger and agile so trading Spree is the next best thing for this organization. Terry is better than Spree cause he's smarter, quicker and younger....
The Future. GO KNICKS!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/19/2002  11:04 PM
I will address this in the most expedient manner possible...

It's probably time for Spree to go but who are you referring to as a deficient on defense and lacks fire????
Players like Allan Houston. ONE cat like that on our team is enough. I've made my opinion known regarding several players and scenarios often enough for those who post here regularly to recall, so read the hot topics that we both posted on for the last few weeks or so (they are too numerous to mention). No need for me to be redundant here.

Look, Knicks need to get younger and Spree isn't a spring chicken..
And Allan Houston is??? Your words reek of bias already...

Playing sf will slow him down very soon.
So trade Allan Houston and put Latrell Sprewell, the Best Player On The Team, in his rightful SG position. On what other team is the Best Player being forced to play out of position????

Knicks need to get younger and agile
OK, true....

so trading Spree is the next best thing for this organization.
In the world that is your opinion. that is absolutely true. Fortunately there is an outside world. Thank God for this universe of varying opinions.

Terry is better than Spree cause he's smarter, quicker and younger....
You have a right to your opinion, and I have a right to mine. Your bias against Latrell Sprewell, though, is well documented on these boards, and I'm sure I am not the only one who observes that consistency. Try being objective regarding Sprewell. Try hard. Please.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/19/2002 23:05:50]

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/19/2002 23:10:21]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/19/2002  11:43 PM

Allan is a bonifide shooter! Most shooters play till over 40. Spree's game is attacking inside so thats alot of wear and tear driving to the basket. Also, spree's game will eventually deteriote to the point where he won't be that good on offense anymore.

So trade Allan Houston and put Latrell Sprewell, the Best Player On The Team, in his rightful SG position. On what other team is the Best Player being forced to play out of position????

I said it before,for the position the knicks are currently in, in order to get something valuable and resolving your need, you would have to trade your best player. For someone like spree whose your best player,why did his team loss 50 games?? I don't wanna hear comments like "OH THE TEAM LACK CERTAIN COMPONENTS, THATS WHY THEY LOSS 50 GAMES". What about the year before when they got knocked out of the 1st round?? befoe spree played for NY,he also was the best player in golden state so what happened there???? He's a poor example of a leader.. He comes late to the games and occasionally misses practice. Thats why Chaney suspended him during the season. You say all these things but can't admit that between spree and H20, chaney prefers to have H20!!

OK, true....

You have a right to your opinion, and I have a right to mine. Your bias against Latrell Sprewell, though, is well documented on these boards, and I'm sure I am not the only one who observes that consistency. Try being objective regarding Sprewell. Try hard. Please.

Yo, terry is alot younger and quicker than spree.. You that game where charlotte blew the knicks by 40plus pts, Baron Davis blocked spree like twice in that game.. C'mon man!! Spree got a full 2inch on him and he gonna have Baron block his s--t, what up wit that???

[/quote]

[Edited by - knicksbb10 on 07/19/2002 23:44:55]

[Edited by - knicksbb10 on 07/19/2002 23:46:24]
The Future. GO KNICKS!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/19/2002  11:58 PM
Posted by knicksbb10:

Allan is a bonifide shooter! Most shooters play till over 40. Spree's game is attacking inside so thats alot of wear and tear driving to the basket. Also, spree's game will eventually deteriote to the point where he won't be that good on offense anymore.

I said it before,for the position the knicks are currently in, in order to get something valuable and resolving your need, you would have to trade your best player. For someone like spree whose your best player,why did his team loss 50 games?? I don't wanna hear comments like "OH THE TEAM LACK CERTAIN COMPONENTS, THATS WHY THEY LOSS 50 GAMES". What about the year before when they got knocked out of the 1st round?? befoe spree played for NY,he also was the best player in golden state so what happened there???? He's a poor example of a leader.. He comes late to the games and occasionally misses practice. Thats why Chaney suspended him during the season. You say all these things but can't admit that between spree and H20, chaney prefers to have H20!!

OK, true....

Yo, terry is alot younger and quicker than spree.. You that game where charlotte blew the knicks by 40plus pts, Baron Davis blocked spree like twice in that game.. C'mon man!! Spree got a full 2inch on him and he gonna have Baron block his s--t, what up wit that???

Since you are still doing this, I'll repeat what I said in the other thread:

"We all know Allan is ya boy, and once again, the bias is obvious. Oh, BTW, McDyess wants Spree to stay; and there are teams that would take Allan before Spree because they just need a jump shooter instead of a player with multidimensional skills like Latrell."
-HARDCOREKNICKSFAN

A blind man can see my point now. Objectivity really is a virtue...

Jason Terry

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy