[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

LIVE from section 404...
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/3/2006  10:12 AM
some quick hits on the game...

- your celebrities of choice...the ny rangers AKA who cares? but they were in their seats till the very end of the game to cheer on their brothers.

- i think it was a sellout as the place was packed. you know when they expect alot of people when the cotton candy and ice cream guys make their way up to the 400's.

- a nice applause for kurt thomas when he was introduced. a very strong "boo" contingent for steph during intros. much louder than the last home game.

- know your knicks on gardenvision: tonight's question is for channing frye. channing, who would you like to meet the most? a. beyonce, b. denzel washington, or c. halle berry. channing's answer....C. halle berry. and then he looks at the camera with a big goofy "leave it to beaver" smile. channing frye AKA playa president.

- btw, there are two soundbites when frye makes a basket:
1. "frye......frye.......frye" - from ferris beuler's day off.
2. "i gotta stay frye-ye-ye-ye-ye-ye-ye" - a remix to "i gotta stay fly" by 3 6 mafia

- the crowd was JACKED. and for almost every possession from the 2nd half on, they were into the game. you could sense that everyone there DESPERATELY wanted a win and the players on the court sort of fed off it. every time pheonix took an open 3, the crowd GASPED. and at the end of regulation, it was the loudest it's been this season.

- when nate hit his 3 in the 2nd half, the first guy off the bench jumping up and getting pumped was marbury. he looked like a little kid out there and as soon as the timeout was called, he was the first to give everyone a hi-five as they walked to the bench.

- frye's defense is just so bad...but i noticed something on the pick and roll. when he's about to guard it, he will jump out b/c he's so scared for the guy to take a jumper. but when he does this, he's too slow to react back, that's why his man is able to just cut to the basket and be wide open. when AD guards it, he kind of flashes up real quick then slides back immediately to get back to his man. it's very subtle but it makes a difference.

- eddy curry played with tremendous heart. i was SHOCKED...SHOCKED i say, when he made those free throws. good job eddy. it was VERY clear that he had no lift the entire 2nd half but continued to persevere. i think eddy is realizing that he needs to be on the court for us to win and i think he's starting to appreciate that.

- david lee - what else is there that hasn't been said already? he's a high IQ player and he hustles. those crisp, and more importantly, QUICK passes to the post are a thing of beauty. as soon as he touches it, it's out of his hands to the post.

- i was a little amazed at how steph really didn't get the ball towards the end of regulation and the 1st OT. he was just waiting at the baseline while the offense went through jamal. it was strange.

- steph was SUPERB last night. SUPERB. you could see he was pumped to play pheonix and he took it over late.

- in conclusion, we needed a win...the players and the fans. and we got one. there's really nothing more to say and anything negative, for this game, would be nitpicking. everyone contributed and it was against a very very good team. i don't care that it took three OT's or the suns were on the last day of a road trip b/c we needed that win DESPERATELY. i don't think we bounce back from a loss there. now, with that said, it's only one game and it doesn't mean too much in the grand scheme of things if we don't win on friday.
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/3/2006  10:36 AM
dj, on TV it looked like Nate had great penetration and real good feeds to the bigs. Did this show up much live? Was he looking more like a point out there?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/3/2006  10:37 AM
Great write up DJ. I was getting those vibes also, although I missed the intros. I hate the booing but thats just me.

I love watching the home games, because they are broadcasted in highest HD signal available. Thats huge because I have the perfect TV for it. For an indication on how clear a picture that is dig this: When Channing went bolting into the crowd next to Jones and the both hit the floor they landed in front of 2 hot girls. One was wearing a tight great top with no bra. And it was either cold or she was happy to have a sweaty ball player land at her feet.

If you havent seen a game broadcast in that quality of HD on a plasma or CRT t.v. you dont know what your missing. Price is coming down... it definatly worth it. Especially if you watch a lot of sports.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/3/2006  10:43 AM
Posted by Marv:

dj, on TV it looked like Nate had great penetration and real good feeds to the bigs. Did this show up much live? Was he looking more like a point out there?

nate was pretty much getting to the rim whenever he wanted. when he gets there, he's now recognizing when a guy is coming over to try to block his shot and he's dumping it off. i still think he's going in shoot first, but he jumps so high, he has time to now recognize the dump off...and it's usually curry as he's looking for him more and more.

there was a play on a fast break where nate tried to pass it to qyntel but got deflected out. it was a hard line drive pass. lb immediately jumped out of his seat, screamed for nate's attention, and hand motioned that he should've bounce passed it. a quick on-the-fly coaching lesson.

as far as looking like a point, he still is a little indecisive as he dribbles a little more than he needs to trying to set up a play...and it takes a while for the play to set up when he's handling the rock. i think, for the time being, he's MUCH better playing off the ball.

the crowd LOVES nate. he's doing dunk contest type dunks in the layup line before the game and the crowd just "ooh's and ah's". he still makes some bonehead decisions but he's playing ALOT more under control lately and is not getting his shot blocked as much these days.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/3/2006  10:43 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

- i was a little amazed at how steph really didn't get the ball towards the end of regulation and the 1st OT. he was just waiting at the baseline while the offense went through jamal. it was strange.
I thought I was the only one who saw this. LB ran many many plays where Steph was in the corner and the ball was swung to the opposite side. He didn't touch the rock for long stretches of the first and second OT. But when he had it in the 3rd, it was a wrap!!

BTW, I want you to fight the urge of concocting a theory to explain this. Alright!!! Didn't I tell you the resurgence begins against Phoenix in the new year!!!! Didn't I tell you!!!!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/3/2006  10:47 AM
Fishmike = new official HD spokesman. "Hi sportsfans! Tired of not being able to tell the temperature in the arena from your seat at home? Well now, through the wonders of HD . . ."

[Edited by - marv on 01-03-2006 10:48 AM]
CrashDMB237
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #759
1/3/2006  10:47 AM
I was at this game from my seats in 306 as well. Easily, EASILY, one of the best games I've ever been to since my family got season tickets in 93.
http://homeoftheknicks.com
Killa4luv
USA
1/3/2006  10:51 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Marv:

nate was pretty much getting to the rim whenever he wanted. when he gets there, he's now recognizing when a guy is coming over to try to block his shot and he's dumping it off. i still think he's going in shoot first, but he jumps so high, he has time to now recognize the dump off...and it's usually curry as he's looking for him more and more.

there was a play on a fast break where nate tried to pass it to qyntel but got deflected out. it was a hard line drive pass. lb immediately jumped out of his seat, screamed for nate's attention, and hand motioned that he should've bounce passed it. a quick on-the-fly coaching lesson.

as far as looking like a point, he still is a little indecisive as he dribbles a little more than he needs to trying to set up a play...and it takes a while for the play to set up when he's handling the rock. i think, for the time being, he's MUCH better playing off the ball.

the crowd LOVES nate. he's doing dunk contest type dunks in the layup line before the game and the crowd just "ooh's and ah's". he still makes some bonehead decisions but he's playing ALOT more under control lately and is not getting his shot blocked as much these days.
Yeah, Nate is slowly showing more and more PG abilities. That pick and roll for Frye's monster slam was beautiful. He made some nice passes too, but like you I think he makes those passes after hes stuck. Nevertheless, he is improving and I like it.
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

1/3/2006  11:12 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

You know, in the game thread I was actually writing a post to mention this, but then JC gave Steph like two consecutive kicks in the corner (which he bricked).

In the moment I remembered the inside info on realgm from the person using jamal's sister's account and claiming to be jamal (which to my knowledge she has not refuted or explained) complaining that Steph wasn't feeding him. I thinking perhaps there was some truth to that and jamal was replying in kind. But then came the two feeds and I I knew I'd get bashed.

Now, had that cryptic stuff not come from sister's account I might not have noticed the pattern at all, but there may well be something there.

However, upon deleting the post, the alternative theory I came up with was that LB probably just doesn't want Steph and JC getting lazy and feeding each other on the perimeter, like they did last year. that he wants them always looking to the the interior - to the post and the cutters first. Then using the perimeter as the last resort.

I would by that explanation of mine, it's logical.

But that inside info makes one wonder...
Killa4luv
USA
1/3/2006  11:22 AM
Posted by BlueSeats:
Posted by djsunyc:

You know, in the game thread I was actually writing a post to mention this, but then JC gave Steph like two consecutive kicks in the corner (which he bricked).

In the moment I remembered the inside info on realgm from the person using jamal's sister's account and claiming to be jamal (which to my knowledge she has not refuted or explained) complaining that Steph wasn't feeding him. I thinking perhaps there was some truth to that and jamal was replying in kind. But then came the two feeds and I I knew I'd get bashed.

Now, had that cryptic stuff not come from sister's account I might not have noticed the pattern at all, but there may well be something there.

However, upon deleting the post, the alternative theory I came up with was that LB probably just doesn't want Steph and JC getting lazy and feeding each other on the perimeter, like they did last year. that he wants them always looking to the the interior - to the post and the cutters first. Then using the perimeter as the last resort.

I would by that explanation of mine, it's logical.

But that inside info makes one wonder...
your theory makes sense.

On another note, I highly doubt that was Crawford posting, but it could have been his sentiment nonetheless.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/3/2006  11:29 AM
Posted by BlueSeats:

Knowing Brown, or at least trying to second guess the guy, I think your second explanation holds some weight. JC and Marb could monopolize the ball and do well for themselves, but it is up to them to involve everyone else, even at critical times.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

1/3/2006  11:29 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

On another note, I highly doubt that was Crawford posting, but it could have been his sentiment nonetheless.

That's what i figure. She has a teenage son and the writing seemed like a youngsters. I figure he could be expressing what he knows from jamal.

However, I'm pretty sure she said that she originally learned of the site from JC, when he was with the Bulls. So you neva know...

attaboy2005
Member: #992

1/3/2006  2:14 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

some quick hits on the game...

- your celebrities of choice...the ny rangers AKA who cares? but they were in their seats till the very end of the game to cheer on their brothers.

- i think it was a sellout as the place was packed. you know when they expect alot of people when the cotton candy and ice cream guys make their way up to the 400's.

- a nice applause for kurt thomas when he was introduced. a very strong "boo" contingent for steph during intros. much louder than the last home game.

- know your knicks on gardenvision: tonight's question is for channing frye. channing, who would you like to meet the most? a. beyonce, b. denzel washington, or c. halle berry. channing's answer....C. halle berry. and then he looks at the camera with a big goofy "leave it to beaver" smile. channing frye AKA playa president.

- btw, there are two soundbites when frye makes a basket:
1. "frye......frye.......frye" - from ferris beuler's day off.
2. "i gotta stay frye-ye-ye-ye-ye-ye-ye" - a remix to "i gotta stay fly" by 3 6 mafia

- the crowd was JACKED. and for almost every possession from the 2nd half on, they were into the game. you could sense that everyone there DESPERATELY wanted a win and the players on the court sort of fed off it. every time pheonix took an open 3, the crowd GASPED. and at the end of regulation, it was the loudest it's been this season.

- when nate hit his 3 in the 2nd half, the first guy off the bench jumping up and getting pumped was marbury. he looked like a little kid out there and as soon as the timeout was called, he was the first to give everyone a hi-five as they walked to the bench.

- frye's defense is just so bad...but i noticed something on the pick and roll. when he's about to guard it, he will jump out b/c he's so scared for the guy to take a jumper. but when he does this, he's too slow to react back, that's why his man is able to just cut to the basket and be wide open. when AD guards it, he kind of flashes up real quick then slides back immediately to get back to his man. it's very subtle but it makes a difference.

- eddy curry played with tremendous heart. i was SHOCKED...SHOCKED i say, when he made those free throws. good job eddy. it was VERY clear that he had no lift the entire 2nd half but continued to persevere. i think eddy is realizing that he needs to be on the court for us to win and i think he's starting to appreciate that.

- david lee - what else is there that hasn't been said already? he's a high IQ player and he hustles. those crisp, and more importantly, QUICK passes to the post are a thing of beauty. as soon as he touches it, it's out of his hands to the post.

- steph was SUPERB last night. SUPERB. you could see he was pumped to play pheonix and he took it over late.

- in conclusion, we needed a win...the players and the fans. and we got one. there's really nothing more to say and anything negative, for this game, would be nitpicking. everyone contributed and it was against a very very good team. i don't care that it took three OT's or the suns were on the last day of a road trip b/c we needed that win DESPERATELY. i don't think we bounce back from a loss there. now, with that said, it's only one game and it doesn't mean too much in the grand scheme of things if we don't win on friday.

AS always excellent post, dj.

It was an exciting game that could've been ended earlier if the Knicks made their FT's, but you something it made it more exciting to see our team hang in their for that long and not give in, granted the Suns had 6 or 7 players left, it was a truly a game that could catapult the Knicks in to turning things around for the better.
I like Steph showing excitement by the high fives with the guys and pumping the crowd at key moments, this is what alot of us were looking for from Marbs for a long time, this could be a sign of a team finally coming together.
I know there a some players who are a bit disgruntled JJ, Ariza, and Penny, but this team has a good core of guys that can contribute on a consistent basis with a differeent player stepping up at times to balance things out.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/3/2006  2:42 PM
I was in section 425. I didn't really think there were a ton of boos for Marbury at the beginning, but I was high up. There weren't any around where I was though. Everyone in my section loved him.

First thing: It's funny how nice it is not to actually take a nice early lead and it's usually to your advantage. I think everyone in the arena knew the Suns were going to comeback, but there was the sense that the Knicks were pretty much in total control. There were a lot of defensive mistakes, like Lee has to learn to guard the perimeter better, particularly the 3 pt Js, but overall, we pretty much dictated the pace of the game, which is nice for once.

Who know's if we are turning the corner though. We played real good against the Bucks until the closing minutes, on their home floor, and we beat the Suns semi convincingly. I have to say though, after the last couple games, there's absolutely no excuse to put Q and James back in the starting lineups. We just can't do it. They have been too much of a liability and we give up these huge leads with them in it. It seems like Davis is hurt though, so I have a feeling that they will put Mo T in the SL so do that and reward the other guys who were in it the last couple of games with the chance to be starters. Lee, Curry, Nate and Marbury. They played well together.

As mentioned earlier, Lee has to do a better job at guarding the perimeter. Frye's minutes are going to go down even more if he doesn't improve his defense. It's not that good right now. It seemed like it was pretty darn good at the beginning but then he started going downhill a bit. It will take sometime though. I doubt he wins the ROY though.

And it's exactly what I've been saying about Marbury and how I said the whole body language thing is overrated. Losing constantly takes it's toll, as does the fans booing at you. But once the crowd is behind you and you're winning, things just magically change and you see Marbury embracing his teammates. Losing makes everyone miserable. Marbury is no exception. If you guys saw him smiling on that bench, you'd be saying how he's goofing around during losing. He had a freaking awesome game though, once again. If these guys get it right, start to click and start getting good at defense, we could be a force. But we still have quite a ways to go. I'm thinking we need to keep Marbury for now, along with Crawford, Nate, Lee, Curry, and Frye. Those are the definite keepers in my eyes.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bippity10
Member: #574
1/3/2006  3:47 PM
I love it. It's feeding frenzy for minutes. Guys are going to get po'd that they aren't playing. The losers are going to seperate themselves and whine about minutes and beg to be traded. The winners are going to get ferocious and fight for minutes. It's only going to help us. This is the first positive controversy we've had in years.
I just hope that people will like me
LIVE from section 404...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy