[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Even in victory Isola is a hater.
Author Thread
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/3/2006  12:14 PM
I'm not looking to rain on anybody's parade here. That's just not my style. But the Knicks did get more than a few very fortunate calls that enabled them to win the game. It wasn't even just foul calls that were questionable. What about 2 Knicks bumping into each other and knocking the ball out of bounds but they call it Knicks ball? But hey, it was an entertaining game.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
AUTOADVERT
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
1/3/2006  12:19 PM

see I'm supportive

[Edited by - McK1 on 01-03-2006 12:20 PM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/3/2006  12:30 PM
Posted by islesfan:

I'm not looking to rain on anybody's parade here. That's just not my style.
Um. :) Sure you're not.
But the Knicks did get more than a few very fortunate calls that enabled them to win the game. It wasn't even just foul calls that were questionable. What about 2 Knicks bumping into each other and knocking the ball out of bounds but they call it Knicks ball? But hey, it was an entertaining game.
This happens to us all the time. What about last Suns game when Nate made Nash dribble the ball out of bounds and they called it out on Nate. That was a crucial turnover at a crucial point in the game. What about Nates 3 or 4 phantom fouls against Orlando? Why does no one bring this stuff up when it goes against us, but when we finally get some calls in our favor it is so worthy of mentioning.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/3/2006  1:11 PM
Posted by islesfan:

I'm not looking to rain on anybody's parade here. That's just not my style. But the Knicks did get more than a few very fortunate calls that enabled them to win the game. It wasn't even just foul calls that were questionable. What about 2 Knicks bumping into each other and knocking the ball out of bounds but they call it Knicks ball? But hey, it was an entertaining game.

well considering all the bad calls in past games this year, all i can say is, its about damn time.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/3/2006  4:13 PM
Posted by islesfan:

yea I thought about that, but watch closely, marion was all over the back of lee, so instead of calling the foul and putting marion in foul trouble, he just awarded the ball to the knicks... Hey the suns shot 44 threes and made 12 , that is roughly 27%, that is horrible, and they were lucky to still be in the game..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
1/3/2006  4:17 PM
...the other memorable call the PHX complained about (david lee tip in) was clearly a foul if you watch the replays.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Bippity10
Member: #574
1/3/2006  4:18 PM
I think the discrepancy in calls had as much to do with our style of play as it did the fans raucus nature. The reason they call it a home job is the refs can be influenced by the fans. If we didn't boo our own players and actually cheered we might have a few more nights like this.

I thought it was sad that Curry said last night was the first time he felt the crowd was really behind the team.
I just hope that people will like me
tkf
1/3/2006  4:20 PM
Posted by Andrew:

...the other memorable call the PHX complained about (david lee tip in) was clearly a foul if you watch the replays.

that was crystal clear, I usually rip the refs, but they were all over that one, good call... David lee was taller than the biggest guy pheonix had on the floor, it is tough to defend when you are that small all over..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
1/3/2006  4:21 PM
It's terrible that the game was decided by bad calls! The Knicks should appeal to the NBA to have the victory awarded to the Suns.

https:// It's not so hard.
islesfan
1/3/2006  4:27 PM
Posted by Andrew:

That was a foul. Ths Suns player got Lee's arm. But the foul on Nash for defending Marbury right before that was a bad call. I think the frustration that they showed for the foul on Lee was a culmination of 2 bad calls prior to that one.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
tkf
1/3/2006  4:35 PM
nash was clearly pushing steph with his left hand, stopping his forward progress, that was also clear...
islesfan
1/3/2006  4:40 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

I thought it was sad that Curry said last night was the first time he felt the crowd was really behind the team.

That's such a load of BS. The crowd has been behind the team in every game until they start playing like crap in which case the people who pay their huge salaries become frustrated and start venting. How about they do something to earn the crowd's appreciation instead of complaining that fans don't respect lousy play and effort. And why doesn't Curry start acting like a professional and get in shape so he can avoid these nagging injuries and start to realize some of this potential that we've heard so much of. Too bad he can't have that scrub guard him every game. KT shut him down for most of the game, were the fans supposed to cheer him for that?
islesfan
1/3/2006  4:41 PM
Posted by tkf:

nash was clearly pushing steph with his left hand, stopping his forward progress, that was also clear...

If that's a foul then every PG in the league would foul out in the first 5 minutes of every game.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/3/2006  4:42 PM
isles is a bitter bitter man.

can we just enjoy this game for one single day before we get back on all our soap boxes? we have 2 more days after today to do it.
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
1/3/2006  4:43 PM
Posted by islesfan:

Hey...a Suns fan here at Ultimate. Welome.

'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
1/3/2006  4:44 PM

I remember that one now. That foul is called on a regular basis.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
jaydh
1/3/2006  4:44 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bippity10:

That's such a load of BS. The crowd has been behind the team in every game until they start playing like crap in which case the people who pay their huge salaries become frustrated and start venting.

And how many games have you attended this year?

Yea, thats what i thought.

jaydh
1/3/2006  4:45 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by tkf:

If that's a foul then every PG in the league would foul out in the first 5 minutes of every game.

refs call whatever they want, some nights its a foul, some nights its not.
islesfan
1/3/2006  4:50 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bippity10:

That's such a load of BS. The crowd has been behind the team in every game until they start playing like crap in which case the people who pay their huge salaries become frustrated and start venting.

I've been to a handful of games and believe it or not, my tv has something called sound to go along with the pretty pictures.
jaydh
1/3/2006  4:56 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bippity10:

I've been to a handful of games and believe it or not, my tv has something called sound to go along with the pretty pictures.

do you Boo at the games as well?

its a lot different in person than watching on tv
Even in victory Isola is a hater.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy