[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Now that all the post-victory euphoria has subsided
Author Thread
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
1/3/2006  8:22 AM
Do guys really think this game was a building block or stepping stone or more like just a fun game to watch? It took triple overtime to outlast a Suns team on the fifth game of a road trip that only dressed 11 and eventually lost 3 starters in the fourth to "home" whistles.

It was college atmosphere with alot of made shots by NY but looking objectively it was the Suns who were the pirates through the last 24 of regulation and the first 2 OT's.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
AUTOADVERT
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
1/3/2006  8:27 AM
well I dont know what you mean with the pirates comment but I actually felt that the knicks didnt really play any better last night than they have been, the only difference was LB played the right people this time, also we were really lucky, the suns missed ALOT of wide open shots, overall I was actually disappointed with the amount of progress we've made(save for david lee's jumpshooting), the knicks played well in the begginning, but as the game went on we just became the same old team again. I want to see how this team looks with another pg, we dont really have one on our entire roster.

[Edited by - slimpack on 01-03-2006 08:28 AM]
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/3/2006  8:38 AM
I think that depends on Brown. Ive talked about having 2 pgs on the floor at all times for awile now. I just feel like the ball moves better and its easier for the bigs to convert on passes from Nate, Jamal or Marbury's penetration than it is for them to just post up and pound the ball in the paint.

If this really is the rotation, with those 3 guards and Lee/Curry/Frye/Ad/Mo T/Woods up front then yes.. I think this could be a turning point. What made last night good was I thought guys were doing what they do best.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
McK1
1/3/2006  8:42 AM
What made last night good was I thought guys were doing what they do best.

trading baskets.

NY had the bodies and ref whistles to outlast Phoenix.

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/3/2006  9:02 AM
Posted by McK1:

[quote] What made last night good was I thought guys were doing what they do best.

trading baskets.

NY had the bodies and ref whistles to outlast Phoenix.

Im not sure about the flow of offense with the starting 5. It was great Lee hit his 4 outside shots but I dont see enough outside shooting in that unit to be cohesive. BUT it is a better plan. In reality it takes out guys who arent playing well, have weaker fundamentals gives us more size and makes us a smarter team. Boy I hope Craw can stay just reasonably consistent, we really need him to be.
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/3/2006  9:08 AM

Perspective:

Craw played nice, but he nor Marbs know what to do the last 10 seconds. They folded twice!

FT's: That was awful!

David Lee! Holy cow! 10 of 11, 23 pts and 15 rebs! Nice job! How many said he can't shoot? I don't expect that every nite, but it was a big game and the boy did not fold!

Nate is like a funny little dog. I like him enough, but he is a bit hyper and a bit the fool.

Qoods vs. Reezy. Since neither gets any touches, I see Reezy as the more athletic of the two. Seem to be about the same size. Good for Reezy to get some competition. Qoods got a few weeks to prove himself.

Now some can see why frye can't start. YEt. It will happen, its not permenant, just a thing to help his developement!

David Lee must be a happy young man this morning! Last nite was a big one in his young career!

PHX is a good team, a good road team. WE need to close these teams out and we clearly won the game for 47 minutes! But we hung in there, and its somthing to build on. Somthing is step in the right direction!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/3/2006  9:19 AM
its a turning point if we keep playing like we did last night.

there was one play- either late or in one of the ots- where marbury got a pass on the far side wing, nearly bobbled it, but got control-

in our other losses, he would have done just that- lost the ball.

that's a good sign- phoenix is good and we didn't loose in either regulation or any of the ots- that I think is a positive sign...
McK1
1/3/2006  9:19 AM
think LB let the style of play isiah had in mind run out there last night. Its easy to play the trade baskets game when you shoot 40 more free throws than the opponent. Jamison Arenas and Butler get to the line.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/3/2006  9:30 AM
whats wrong with trading baskets? I mean... the Knicks are a deep team on paper arent they? If your trading baskets all game I would give the edge to the team thats bigger and deeper, and we are big and young. Its the formula I assumed we would be working since day one with Larry. Obviously defense and rebounding first and formost, but you have 2 guys on the floor that can get dribble penetration at all times. Surround those 2 with athletic bigs and there you go.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
McK1
1/3/2006  9:45 AM
whats wrong with trading baskets?

nothing if your team is clutch on the defensive end.

I would give the edge to the team thats bigger and deeper, and we are big and young

outlasted Phoenix but how many games go to triple OT?

strange decision by D'Antoni to leave Burke in on the last possession of second OT instead of JJ in a win or play 5 minutes more situation

Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/3/2006  9:58 AM
If we had made 80% of our FT's in regulation the game would have been out of reach. We were actually dominating them, but the missed FT's allowed them into the game.

We killed them on the boards and in the paint and had 2 less fast break points than them. We were dominating them, missed FT's allowed them to hang around.
McK1
1/3/2006  10:02 AM
hitting/missing free throws are a part of playing killa.

thats like saying if the Suns hit their season avg on 3 pt%.

Knicks didn't hit them and they haven't all season.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/3/2006  10:03 AM
Tell me about it Killa. 32-54. Outrageously bad. If we had lost this game I was going to be one unhappy old man about this. I don'; know if I was more thrilled or relieved when Eddy hit the 2 in regulation.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/3/2006  10:10 AM
Posted by Marv:

Tell me about it Killa. 32-54. Outrageously bad. If we had lost this game I was going to be one unhappy old man about this. I don'; know if I was more thrilled or relieved when Eddy hit the 2 in regulation.

It was clyde or breen kept saying they did not like his body language on those foul shots?

I thought clyde was gonna: " Eddie heartin be a fartin, but the clutches his bowels and hits both from the charity line"!

jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/3/2006  10:11 AM
Posted by SlimPack:

well I dont know what you mean with the pirates comment but I actually felt that the knicks didnt really play any better last night than they have been, the only difference was LB played the right people this time, also we were really lucky, the suns missed ALOT of wide open shots, overall I was actually disappointed with the amount of progress we've made(save for david lee's jumpshooting), the knicks played well in the begginning, but as the game went on we just became the same old team again. I want to see how this team looks with another pg, we dont really have one on our entire roster.

[Edited by - slimpack on 01-03-2006 08:28 AM]

i agree, the rotation, and who got the minutes is what won the game. i believe we could have been winning games all along if brown found this lineup earlier. We won because of injuries to AD, Taylor, and Q1. no surprise here.
Killa4luv
USA
1/3/2006  10:19 AM
AD played pretty solid. So did Mo.

Q1, well, I aint mad hes on the bench at all.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/3/2006  10:31 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Marv:

It was clyde or breen kept saying they did not like his body language on those foul shots?

I thought clyde was gonna: " Eddie heartin be a fartin, but the clutches his bowels and hits both from the charity line"!

Yeah it was CLyde. Then he said, "It looks like he wants to be anywhere but there. He's not even looking where he should be, at the rim." I had little enough faith in Eddy already; CLyde had me completely psyhed out!

I'll tell ya I'm liking Eddy more and more. I hated the guy's game in Chicago, but he's been winning me over recently. He does have strange body language and his face seems impassive. But if he's delivering, you know what it all turns into? Coolness! He ended up looking cool and together during crunch time last night! How 'bout them apples?!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/3/2006  10:34 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Marv:

Yeah it was CLyde. Then he said, "It looks like he wants to be anywhere but there. He's not even looking where he should be, at the rim." I had little enough faith in Eddy already; CLyde had me completely psyhed out!

I'll tell ya I'm liking Eddy more and more. I hated the guy's game in Chicago, but he's been winning me over recently. He does have strange body language and his face seems impassive. But if he's delivering, you know what it all turns into? Coolness! He ended up looking cool and together during crunch time last night! How 'bout them apples?!

Curry has that "I am sleepy, very very sleepy" look on his face. Nap Time!
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

1/3/2006  10:36 AM
Welp, for once we matched the intensity of a team that plays on that level all the time.

The significant positives of the game for me were:

Steph's good recognition of Lee (one of his better chemistry moments with an athletically oriented Knick).

Steph getting through a whole game without pouting or glaring.

Eddy being on the floor throughout.

Killing them on points in the paint.

Steph and Jamal being effective at the same time (also ineffective at the same time at the ends).

Good rebounding from our bigs.

Good communication between Steph and LB, with us seeming to stick largely to the game plan.

All rookies looking looking like keepers. lots can be said of what Nate needs to do to grow, but his defensive pressure on the ball is very important for us.

It was a game we could have easily lost to a fresher Suns, but hey, it's a W, and we didn't fold. We didn't beat ourselves.

[Edited by - BlueSeats on 01-03-2006 10:39 AM]
Killa4luv
USA
1/3/2006  10:39 AM
Posted by BlueSeats:

We didn't beat ourselves.
But boy oh boy did we try to. I mean we tried to give away the game and then fought to get it back. But I am just so happy we won. I could have almost cried.
Now that all the post-victory euphoria has subsided

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy