[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Reezy vs. QDog

Author Poll
Nalod
Member: #508
USA
I have not seen that much in QDogs play. His cred was high except for his K-9 (and they call it, Puppy love!) affections, but Im not seeing all that much from him. Larry got Reezy out of the rotation and QDog getting some mop up time, but based on what we have seen, do we go with Reezy or Qdog for now?....
QDog
Reezy
Neither, let QRich slide in
View Results

Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/3/2006  2:05 PM
Ariza's also 4 years younger than Qyntel... at this stage in their development, Q isn't that much better than Trevor either... Q's got some offensive skills, but is a terrible defender, & isn't much of a passer for that matter... both run the floor equally well, but Trevor's a better offensive rebounder & works harder on defense & hustles.

if you could combine the 2 of them you'd have a pretty good all around player.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/3/2006  2:08 PM
he's been rebounding and passing very well whereas ariza is a turnover machine i think
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/3/2006  2:08 PM
Another thing about Ariza and the young guys. How many coaches have they had over the past year? Continuity is the key with some of them. Coaches CAN set up programs and etc. for the young guys during the offseason, and without some solide direction this summer - who was in charge really, Herb? Isiah? Brown? - it does take its toll.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/3/2006  2:09 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by bigbeast:

QWoods needs to work on his ball handling. Being able to create your own shot or go to wherever you want to go on the court via the dribble is what seperates the elite wing players from the avarage. T-mac, Melo etc are dangerous from anywhere on the court because they can out the ball on the floor and manuever wherever they need to go. Woods has the body to be very good, just needs to work on handle and maybe a little in the post.

Wasn't that the M.O. on Reezy? Needs work and confidence on the jumper and handle?

The tentitive behavior might be the biggest thing he has to overcome.

Lee showed big brass ones last nite!

True, but in addition, Ariza needs to add about 15-20 pounds of muscle to compete with the elite SF on defense.
Qwoods jumper is alot more smoother than Ariza's and seems more natural. Woods is kind of in a touogh spot because he's new to the team so I'm sure he's a little uncomfortable with the playbook aswell as knowing his teamates. Remember, he wasn't here for trainging camp so he probably still feels a little like an outsider. I see him hesitating and passing up shots at times. By Brown putting him into the rotation, and showing confidence in him, I think he'll start to play better and show more confidence in himself. The only problem is, whats going to happen when Q-Rich comes back? I read that brown is going to play Q-Rich more at SF. If thats the case, he could further stunt the growth of Q-Woods. Hopefully, Q-rich is out for a few more games so we can get a better look at Q-Woods.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
attaboy2005
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #992

1/3/2006  2:29 PM
Posted by bigbeast:
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by bigbeast:

QWoods needs to work on his ball handling. Being able to create your own shot or go to wherever you want to go on the court via the dribble is what seperates the elite wing players from the avarage. T-mac, Melo etc are dangerous from anywhere on the court because they can out the ball on the floor and manuever wherever they need to go. Woods has the body to be very good, just needs to work on handle and maybe a little in the post.

Wasn't that the M.O. on Reezy? Needs work and confidence on the jumper and handle?

The tentitive behavior might be the biggest thing he has to overcome.

Lee showed big brass ones last nite!

True, but in addition, Ariza needs to add about 15-20 pounds of muscle to compete with the elite SF on defense.
Qwoods jumper is alot more smoother than Ariza's and seems more natural. Woods is kind of in a touogh spot because he's new to the team so I'm sure he's a little uncomfortable with the playbook aswell as knowing his teamates. Remember, he wasn't here for trainging camp so he probably still feels a little like an outsider. I see him hesitating and passing up shots at times. By Brown putting him into the rotation, and showing confidence in him, I think he'll start to play better and show more confidence in himself. The only problem is, whats going to happen when Q-Rich comes back? I read that brown is going to play Q-Rich more at SF. If thats the case, he could further stunt the growth of Q-Woods. Hopefully, Q-rich is out for a few more games so we can get a better look at Q-Woods.

It's real easy to say that Ariza should add 15-20 lbs more since he has already added that much to his frame in the last couple of seasons, not every player's body can bulk up that much more without the use of steriods, it just doesn't happen that easily. Ariza is still very young, and his skills are lacking in some areas, but he like may other young players that could benefit from being on a team that afford to give him more PT, while not being concerned too much with the W's.
Ariza's present outburst about lack of palying time could lead him to decide not to re-sign with the Knicks after the season and take his services else where, it is too early to tell, but it could be something that Ariza will consider if he doesn't recieve the playing he wishes to get the remainder of the season. It's just my opinion, nothing else.
gunsnewing
USA
1/3/2006  2:35 PM
Ariza is still very young, and his skills are lacking in some areas, but he like may other young players that could benefit from being on a team that afford to give him more PT, while not being concerned too much with the W's.

like the Knicks? where he was starting and stinking it up with bonehead plays

Ira
Member: #91
1/3/2006  5:10 PM
Woods is rebounding better than I thought and seems to be trying on d. Putting that together with his offensive skills gives him a leg up on Ariza.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/3/2006  5:23 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by islesfan:

I think Ariza's work ethic and desire is extremely poor. His aptitude to improve and learn is really subpar. That's not to say that he won't ever improve or that he has no place in the NBA but his ceiling is a lot lower than people here would like to admit.

Work ethic and desire you can only really see in off the court work! His production hasn't been over the top but unless you regard him as a superstar in the making, YOU are overrating him. He is progressing, but not by leaps and bounds. Remember, everyone has a different pace. Even TMac was slow from year 1 to 2.
You're right; the improvement (or lack there of) from year 1 to 2 is disappointing for Ariza, but we have no way of knowing whether his work ethic is good or poor. He may be trying and simply not improving. Larry and Isiah know how hard he's working; we don't.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/3/2006  10:41 PM
Fuck Woods. He should be serving me french fries with my Big Mac. Piece of ****.
mikesknicks
Member: #684
USA
1/4/2006  3:01 PM
Woods I remember hoping we picked him in the draft. Ariza is a very solid player but with time Woods can be a great offensive player. and don't tell me we need him to be a defensive player look at the star in the league, Tmac,Dirk,James etc... None of them are strong defensive players. We need defensive PF And/or C.
In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
gunsnewing
USA
1/4/2006  3:11 PM
well I don't know about great player but he has the potential to be a pretty good one. too many players like him never live up to the hype but some go on to have a good career
Reezy vs. QDog

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy