[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Reezy vs. QDog

Author Poll
Nalod
Member: #508
USA
I have not seen that much in QDogs play. His cred was high except for his K-9 (and they call it, Puppy love!) affections, but Im not seeing all that much from him. Larry got Reezy out of the rotation and QDog getting some mop up time, but based on what we have seen, do we go with Reezy or Qdog for now?....
QDog
Reezy
Neither, let QRich slide in
View Results

Author Thread
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
1/2/2006  11:10 PM
I havent seen enough of woods to really decide yet, but right now im leaning towards ariza
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/2/2006  11:37 PM
Ariza seems to have lost his focus. He's actually regressed this year it seems.

I still think he can be a valuable piece off the bench, but he's got to get his head right and develop a midrange J.
¿ △ ?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/2/2006  11:41 PM
Brown wants Ariza to play the right way and hone his skills so he gets rid of all of those bad habits. Nothing wrong with tough love. QDog is getting the benifit.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
1/2/2006  11:44 PM
This poll is likely going to be biased because everyone is loving Woods after the Suns game, and Ariza has both not played well lately, and will be riding the bench for a few games at least...
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/2/2006  11:47 PM
nah you could've had this post in the morning and Woods would still have won
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/3/2006  12:01 AM
Woods is clearly the more skilled player, while ariza, though he is younger, is more experienced thus far in NBA games. Woods as a much better from on his J, he's bigger 6'8 and stronger, 220. Ariza is better at playing the passing lanes on D which enables him to get more steals. But Woods a a little more advanced offensively
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
1/3/2006  8:19 AM
Bigbeast - bear in mind that the only negative on Woods was his personal history, which if you look at it, can be corrected with some love and attention. The young man could use a mentor.

I always felt Woods would be the perfect student for Master Po JYD. If Mark Aguirre spends some time with Woods and adds a steady diet of footwork and positioning drills, the Knicks will have a better player than anyone, except Isiah, first imagined.

I love a good comeback story

I love the young guys
once a knick always a knick
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
1/3/2006  8:34 AM
even after last nights game Im actually still leaning more towards ariza, I want to see qwoods take and make more jumpshos, otherwise why play him over ariza? I think ariza is a more active rebounder, and is a better at driving. but before I vote I want to see more of qwoods.
McK1
Member: #964
1/3/2006  9:16 AM
Ariza not developing anything over the off-season but his eye-bats at the Knick dancers is very disappointing.

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/3/2006  9:55 AM
I don't know how much of Reezy's problems are due to his lack of progress and how much due to struggling in Browns's system. But I will say this - how about that drive from the corner and SLAM in Big Ben's face?? Whew!!!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
USA
1/3/2006  10:00 AM
It could all be a big MindPhuch, but only larry knows.

Vescey reminded in todays article that Reezy refused as start against the clips saying he was very nervous after starting two weeks before against the Lakes. Reezy did not play at all that game! Maybe Brown feels some tough love is in order.

LB says Reezy gets better every day, and I see his game as more hesitant. Against the Magic Reezy blew a one on three and brown accepted his reasoning. I think he wants him to be more agressive on offense! Nothing will lighg his fire than benching him. If he can't be Qoods, then he may be cooked here.
JesseDark
Member: #467
1/3/2006  10:53 AM
Gotta go with Q. Ariza has not taken advantage of the opportunity given. Idon't want Ariza to head in Kenny Walker territory where the highlight of his career is a slam. Walker won the slam dunk comp and thats about his only contribution.
Bring back dee-fense
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/3/2006  10:57 AM
i think ariza may be just a bit "too" raw for lb. he really doesn't have any sort of fundamentals down, although the form on his jumper is looking better. he's too spastic around the rim and can not finish unless it's a dunk. we have a bunch of young players on the team, combined with the fact that he's a free agent at the end of the year, and now is BEHIND qyntel sort of gives the indication that he may be on the move as a throw-in (since we don't have anymore picks). i'm not sure how happy he is here now and he may look to explore free agency after the season.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/3/2006  11:04 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

i think ariza may be just a bit "too" raw for lb. he really doesn't have any sort of fundamentals down, although the form on his jumper is looking better. he's too spastic around the rim and can not finish unless it's a dunk. we have a bunch of young players on the team, combined with the fact that he's a free agent at the end of the year, and now is BEHIND qyntel sort of gives the indication that he may be on the move as a throw-in (since we don't have anymore picks). i'm not sure how happy he is here now and he may look to explore free agency after the season.

Hey anything can happen. Didn't Lee have 7 consecutive DNP's or something?

bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/3/2006  1:14 PM
QWoods needs to work on his ball handling. Being able to create your own shot or go to wherever you want to go on the court via the dribble is what seperates the elite wing players from the avarage. T-mac, Melo etc are dangerous from anywhere on the court because they can out the ball on the floor and manuever wherever they need to go. Woods has the body to be very good, just needs to work on handle and maybe a little in the post.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
USA
1/3/2006  1:42 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

QWoods needs to work on his ball handling. Being able to create your own shot or go to wherever you want to go on the court via the dribble is what seperates the elite wing players from the avarage. T-mac, Melo etc are dangerous from anywhere on the court because they can out the ball on the floor and manuever wherever they need to go. Woods has the body to be very good, just needs to work on handle and maybe a little in the post.

Wasn't that the M.O. on Reezy? Needs work and confidence on the jumper and handle?

The tentitive behavior might be the biggest thing he has to overcome.

Lee showed big brass ones last nite!

islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/3/2006  1:47 PM
I think Ariza's work ethic and desire is extremely poor. His aptitude to improve and learn is really subpar. That's not to say that he won't ever improve or that he has no place in the NBA but his ceiling is a lot lower than people here would like to admit.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
gunsnewing
USA
1/3/2006  1:51 PM
Posted by McK1:

Ariza not developing anything over the off-season but his eye-bats at the Knick dancers is very disappointing.

he can stare at them all game long now and be a happy man. heck i would if I was riding the bench
gunsnewing
USA
1/3/2006  1:57 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by bigbeast:

Wasn't that the M.O. on Reezy? Needs work and confidence on the jumper and handle?

The tentitive behavior might be the biggest thing he has to overcome.

Lee showed big brass ones last nite!

yeah but Ariza's M.O.'s are an whole other level rawness. Woods has made several jumpshots and drives to the lane where he got an easy shot or dunk. Ariza is only going to score if the lane is wide open and he could use his speed and hoops. The guy has no coordination, didn't last year and doesn't year
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/3/2006  2:05 PM
Posted by islesfan:

I think Ariza's work ethic and desire is extremely poor. His aptitude to improve and learn is really subpar. That's not to say that he won't ever improve or that he has no place in the NBA but his ceiling is a lot lower than people here would like to admit.

Work ethic and desire you can only really see in off the court work! His production hasn't been over the top but unless you regard him as a superstar in the making, YOU are overrating him. He is progressing, but not by leaps and bounds. Remember, everyone has a different pace. Even TMac was slow from year 1 to 2.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Reezy vs. QDog

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy