[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

best game I've seen from the knicks in years
Author Thread
Ray15
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #668
1/2/2006  10:44 PM
Marbury had by far his best game of the season. He got to the rim, was drawing fouls, and making his teammates better by drawing so much attention. More importantly, he started playing like he loves basketball again. He was never moping around and going into the third ot was laughing with Larry Brown.

David Lee needs to play. He reminds me of Oakley the way he plays with intensity and how he finds loose balls and rebounds. The guy is a monster in the open court.

Crawford has a great game and Eddy Curry just played like a beast in those ots.

I thought our best lineup was on the floor in those overtimes. I think Lee and Curry complement each other in the front court and Marbury, Nate, and Crawford can all get to the rim, break down the d, and handle the ball.

This team needs to run. In order to do that we need to play better defense. If Larry can get this team playing defense and creating turnovers we are going to start to put together some wins.

Fyre should not start. His defense isn't great and he hasn't been as productive on offense. He needs to find ways to get open for those 15 to 18 footers.

We're 1-0 in 2006 and I really believe that if we start playing defense this could be the game that starts a run and makes this season interesting.
Defense and Toughness
AUTOADVERT
attaboy2005
Member: #992

1/2/2006  10:52 PM
Frye should start his defense isn't bad, he just needs to get more time to work on it, this team's defense was poor as a whole, don't blame Frye for it, he is just put in spots to defend his man and the man with the ball, because someone else missed or lost their man along the way.
As far as Frye's offense the teams have adjusted to the open looks he was getting and coming at him when he is open, making him dribble which I admit he needs to work on, so jsut give him time he will come around, PT is something he needs like any other young player.
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
1/2/2006  10:55 PM
No doubt about it! This has got to be one of the best games played all season in the NBA as far as two teams playing damn near to the death. Plyaers fouling out. Guys playing damn near 60 minutes.

At the end of that game Steve Nash was definitely tired. I know every player was but Nash, to me, was definitely slower and less pesky by the time the 2nd overtime came. Just when he started running out of gas here comes Marbury.

I said b4 that whether they win or lose I'd be proud of the fellas. Winning was just icing on the cake. Like Steph said, this team is better than they have been playing. I believe that.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
Ray15
1/2/2006  10:56 PM
He's gotten plenty of pt. Who should Fyre have played over tonight?

Larry did a great job with the rotation. Fyre gives us a lift off the bench and doesn't defend or rebound well enough to start. It's also easier for him to play against the opponent's second unit.
Defense and Toughness
Ray15
1/2/2006  10:58 PM
This game will definitely help Curry get back into game shape.
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

No doubt about it! This has got to be one of the best games played all season in the NBA as far as two teams playing damn near to the death. Plyaers fouling out. Guys playing damn near 60 minutes.

At the end of that game Steve Nash was definitely tired. I know every player was but Nash, to me, was definitely slower and less pesky by the time the 2nd overtime came. Just when he started running out of gas here comes Marbury.

I said b4 that whether they win or lose I'd be proud of the fellas. Winning was just icing on the cake. Like Steph said, this team is better than they have been playing. I believe that.

Defense and Toughness
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
1/2/2006  11:02 PM
Definitely most stressful game I've seen in years
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
1/2/2006  11:12 PM
I posted this in the game thread....

Absolutely everybody contributed to this huge win. Even Malik, with drawing that key foul on KT.

A few things to remember.

Starbury waking up in the clutch.

DLee double pump two hand slam.

Frye posterising Burke.

Curry toughing it out for 43 minutes on 1 1/2 legs.

Nate RObinson. Just Nate Robinson.

Knicks WIN!!!!!

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
best game I've seen from the knicks in years

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy