Larry's really cutting Frye's minutes
Author Thread
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/3/2006  5:22 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Bippity10:

I love it. Make the young kids angry and pining for some floor time. The real winners will work even harder. Frye has to get better at D or else it will always be a vet that beats him out.

It's fine if that's the message he's giving Frye but he's picking the wrong players to provide the message. I'm not sure how playing Mo T--who grabs no rebounds and plays no defense except an occasional charge--ahead of him gives him a positive message. The last thing we want Frye thinking is "I have to play like Mo T to get more playing time."

i dont think Frye looks at it that way. LB just wants Frye to become more of a complete player. Would Nate be starting if Q didnt get injured? Lee couldnt hit jumpshots in the beginning of the year(nor was he really looking too), and look at him now, he seems to have really stepped it up.
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/3/2006  5:30 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Bippity10:

I love it. Make the young kids angry and pining for some floor time. The real winners will work even harder. Frye has to get better at D or else it will always be a vet that beats him out.

It's fine if that's the message he's giving Frye but he's picking the wrong players to provide the message. I'm not sure how playing Mo T--who grabs no rebounds and plays no defense except an occasional charge--ahead of him gives him a positive message. The last thing we want Frye thinking is "I have to play like Mo T to get more playing time."

i dont think Frye looks at it that way. LB just wants Frye to become more of a complete player. Would Nate be starting if Q didnt get injured? Lee couldnt hit jumpshots in the beginning of the year(nor was he really looking too), and look at him now, he seems to have really stepped it up.

Hopefully he doesn't look at it that way, but it's hard to come up with any good theory of what message Brown is trying to give Frye by playing Mo Taylor ahead of him
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/3/2006  6:01 PM
wait- didn't I read that Brown is going with the young guys because the seasons pretty far lost and he at least wants them to get something out of it?

And then our top pick who's put up some huge games with 20+ points is suddenly, inexplicably, now playing less?
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
1/3/2006  11:27 PM
Young guys have a shorter leash by design because they are your future!!!! They have to earn it, the vets get teh benefit of the doubt. That's why teams that progress quickly normally have vets on the team. Those that strictly try to rebuild by force feeding their rookies excess minutes normally watch them stagnate.
I just hope that people will like me
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
1/3/2006  11:31 PM
Put it this way if Frye doesn't come out with twice the intensity he had before and instead goes in the tank then we all know early that we have a mentally fragile player. LB and Zeke get their answer to the build around question 3 years before they have to search for it. But if you see Channing step up his effort AND HIS DEFENSE than you know you may have something.

I just find it funny how so many people think that defense wins championships but as soon as their favorite guy starts losing time because of poor D we cry foul. LB is going to play head games all yaer. Get used to it. HIS GUYS will respond and put up 23 pt 15 rebound efforts. OTher guys will whine about minutes.
I just hope that people will like me
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/3/2006  11:31 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

Young guys have a shorter leash by design because they are your future!!!! They have to earn it, the vets get teh benefit of the doubt. That's why teams that progress quickly normally have vets on the team. Those that strictly try to rebuild by force feeding their rookies excess minutes normally watch them stagnate.

Chandler, Curry? JWilliams?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Larry's really cutting Frye's minutes

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy