KNICKS PURSUING OTHER COLLINS!!!
Author Thread
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
7/18/2002  7:53 PM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/19237.htm

I had said it all along regarding Jarron Collins who the knicks are looking at. This guy was the steal in the 2001 draft coming out #53. This is the kind of guy the knicks desperately need. he's young,6'11, 255pds and physically bangs inside like his brother Jared do from the nets. Knicks are finally realizing that they don't need to go on a shopping spree these days especially since the salary was reduced to 40mm. Jarron would only cost them the 1.4exception. If any of you seen him play for Stanford a couple of yrs back, he could really help the knicks with size and strength. Hey, you might have both twin brothers playing in the tri-state area.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
nwny
Member: #284
7/19/2002  1:52 PM
I have seen him play at Standford, and you are correct...this guy has the fundamentals down. His footwork is great, and he can defend without fouling. I hope the Knicks wise-up and make this guy an offer. For those who haven't seen him play, just remember how well how his twin brother defended Shack durring the finals. Too bad NJ didn't give him any significant minuntes until it was too late(game 3).
WOODMANnYk
USA
7/19/2002  4:11 PM
Posted by nwny:

I have seen him play at Standford, and you are correct...this guy has the fundamentals down. His footwork is great, and he can defend without fouling. I hope the Knicks wise-up and make this guy an offer. For those who haven't seen him play, just remember how well how his twin brother defended Shack durring the finals. Too bad NJ didn't give him any significant minuntes until it was too late(game 3).
AWright nwny, you and i finally agreed on something...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
7/19/2002  4:19 PM
I must admit I havent seen Jarron Collins play but how would he compare to a Jamaal Magloire.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
WOODMANnYk
USA
7/19/2002  9:08 PM
Posted by falcindor:

I must admit I havent seen Jarron Collins play but how would he compare to a Jamaal Magloire.
Collins is more of a center than Magloire. Jamaal would be a good pick as well but getting a trade done is difficult. Jamaal plays rough and sometimes dirty like the old knicks. Collins is a smarter player with his game offensively/defensively. He played for a reputable basketball school like Stanford.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
USA
7/25/2002  1:06 AM
Well, i guess not anymore!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/ap/20020725/ap-jazz-collins.html
The Future. GO KNICKS!
KNICKS PURSUING OTHER COLLINS!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy