[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

N Y Post - Robinson and Lee to start as Brown sets a rotation of nine.
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/2/2006  11:59 AM
Frye off the bench helps him to be there in the 4th. Figure he only misses the first 7-8 min of the first period. Craw also.

Larry then can decide who is doing what and can plan from there. Craw can be brilliant or otherwise. It also gives marbs some rest.

Hey, in other years we would have been very happy to throw in the towel and have the young guys get the minutes.

I think the trades if any must come to us and we can't chase them.

For some reason Isiah loves Lee! He is big, quick and athletic! With Frye and Curry getting many touches and shots, its better to have a role player doing the dirty work.

Im confused as anyone, but let it just ride!
AUTOADVERT
TheSage
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #386
1/2/2006  12:23 PM
rv just when you call LB senile-if that was tongue in cheek I apologize
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/2/2006  12:50 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by djsunyc:

i don't understand why crawford doesn't but my thinking is two-fold: 1. he wants crawford at the point and 2. we'd have nobody to run the team off the bench.

wow, people are starting to get it
Not really. If you start both Marbury and Crawford and if you believe that they are the only 2 players who can run the team's offense, then you make sure that you don't have any moments where both of them are on the bench at the same time. Then one of them is always running the offense. (I still would start Nate because he plays hard on both ends of the court on a more consistent basis than Jamal, but that's a separate topic.)

jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/2/2006  1:00 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by djsunyc:

i don't understand why crawford doesn't but my thinking is two-fold: 1. he wants crawford at the point and 2. we'd have nobody to run the team off the bench.

wow, people are starting to get it
Not really. If you start both Marbury and Crawford and if you believe that they are the only 2 players who can run the team's offense, then you make sure that you don't have any moments where both of them are on the bench at the same time. Then one of them is always running the offense. (I still would start Nate because he plays hard on both ends of the court on a more consistent basis than Jamal, but that's a separate topic.)

so lets say Marbs has to rest, and JC has to leave the game due to foul trouble, who plays the point?

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/2/2006  1:10 PM
I like this starting lineup. Crawford is too inconsistent too start but when he's has good nights he plays down the stretch and is huge for us. When Frye and Curry started together our defense and rebounding was awful. This is the lineup that we should win the most games with. Once Frye gets stronger and rebounds better than he can start. At least with a set rotation we'll be able to play like a real nba team now because guys will know their role and each others strengths
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
1/2/2006  1:28 PM
thinking about it and reading the commentary, I like the second unit of reezy, craw and frye abusing the other teams second units.

also, fish has a point about how its who finishes anyway.
all kool aid all the time.
gunsnewing
USA
1/2/2006  1:34 PM
yeah fish you're right. I would start Frye as long as we have Lee at SF. Frye can stay outside for the most part and Lee and Curry can get it done inside
gunsnewing
USA
1/2/2006  1:38 PM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by DarkKnicks:

Woods or Ariza are better (and they are young) at the 3 than Lee. If we want to play Lee, make him Frye's back up and that's it, almost 20 minutes per night. I don't know why Crawford isn't our starting SG since Q is doing so bad. I'm happy we play the young kids but playing but Nate at the 2 and Lee at the 3 is doing things not the most logical way. Oh well, nevermind, we will lose anyway.

Im still of the opinion that Larry Brown knows alot more about who's better at what position than we do, also I can see the rotation being shortened too, a couple of things were revealed against the bucks, namely that Lee is a capable 3, and that JJ, and rose shouldnt get minutes.

Hey I love Lee and i'm excited abouit his future but right now I don't call him a capable 3. Especially on a team that needs scoring from that spot. He's got the rebounding down pat for a 3 and he's unseleish and heady but where's the handle, outside shooting, ablility to create baskets for yourself, etc?

Well I guess you dont have to be a HOF coach to realize that those are valid points, but I think david lee's offense is coming along. There was a game where he hit two jumpshots in a row(I know that isnt a whole lot but its something), I think he just needs to be more confident with his J, becuase in the most recent milwaukee game, he simply didnt look to score, but he does have a pretty good jumpshot, in fact its probably better than arizas already, thats why Im not opposed to lee at the 3, also qwood gets beaten off the dribble too easily.

[Edited by - slimpack on 01-02-2006 11:50 AM]

Lee has pretty good form unlike Ariza, once he starts shooting more they will start falling. His role in college wasn't to shoot the ball, it was to rebound and dunk which you can get away with in college.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/2/2006  1:38 PM
here's another thing
If you start
Marbury
Nate
Lee
AD
Curry
Then you can bring in Crawford for any player in the starting 5. If you want to go quick with 3 guards you can do that with Lee/AD/Curry all capable of playing 4/5. Or you can bring in Crawford for Nate if he's erratic. Some with Ariza.. he can sub for whoever.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/2/2006  2:08 PM
Larry Brown is a terrible coach. Yeah he has the track record but he has shown no ability to adapt to the players he has.....also instead of seeing what is on the court he just goes by what he thinks he see's and by the amount of experience the player has.

Larry Should be fired just because he came out and said he will start Lee at the 3. How many uncalled for DNP's did he have?

Channing is still gonna come off the bench? Djsunyc is still saying that Davis plays better defense. That might be so but by how much? Not by leaps and bounds. Davis may be slightly better. Channing is the overall better basketball player especially offensively.

Yo man by now the team should be gelling. No.....Brown is still confused on who to play. He should step down himself and forfeit the rest of his contract. He is just a bitch.

It has been clear since pre-season who was the best players on the Knicks.

Sacrifice wins by starting Lee? WTF? The Knicks are 7-21!!!!!!!!!

If you can't see this whole thing is Larry Browns fault then you are just lost.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/2/2006  2:18 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Channing is still gonna come off the bench? Djsunyc is still saying that Davis plays better defense. That might be so but by how much? Not by leaps and bounds. Davis may be slightly better. Channing is the overall better basketball player especially offensively.

eny, frye is completely LOST out there defensively. he's getting beat by every single PF they put out there. he can't guard a simple pick and roll. he really looks bad out there. i love him and i'm a HUGE advocate for just turning the page already...but for the time being, i understand why AD starts over him. and as much as AD is a fossil, he's still better by alot. but if they want to go full rebuild, then sign me up for frye starting.

lb is not a terrible coach. you could argue that maybe if we had a different coach, we'd have more wins now but i think lb is the perfect coach for our situation long term. we have SO MANY flawed players that they need to be re-taught everything. and we have the best guy to do that. look at how far crawford has come. look at how eddy is starting to rebound. look at nate's progress as his "doltness" is starting to decrease. have you seen the form on ariza's jumper lately. things are starting to come together. this season may be lost but i think the future of the team looks much better.

EnySpree

1/2/2006  2:19 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

yeah fish you're right. I would start Frye as long as we have Lee at SF. Frye can stay outside for the most part and Lee and Curry can get it done inside

any average joe can see that......

Does Larry Brown buy his glasses from the rack in the back of Duane Reade?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
1/2/2006  2:25 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Larry Brown is a terrible coach. Yeah he has the track record but he has shown no ability to adapt to the players he has.....also instead of seeing what is on the court he just goes by what he thinks he see's and by the amount of experience the player has.

Larry Should be fired just because he came out and said he will start Lee at the 3. How many uncalled for DNP's did he have?

Yo man by now the team should be gelling. No.....Brown is still confused on who to play. He should step down himself and forfeit the rest of his contract. He is just a bitch.

It has been clear since pre-season who was the best players on the Knicks.

Sacrifice wins by starting Lee? WTF? The Knicks are 7-21!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't disagree with this more. I think long term brown is the best for this team, there are many things that brown see's in practice and on the court that we don't. I used to think that I could outcoach larry brown too, but then I realized how silly I sounded.
McK1
Member: #964
1/2/2006  2:27 PM
Last time Lee saw a good deal of minutes at smallforward:

http://www.nba.com/games/20051109/NYKPOR/boxscore.html
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
EnySpree

1/2/2006  2:29 PM
djsunyc man you mus be related to Larry Brown. Defense is all you care about?

Have you seen Antonio Davis play as a Knick? Davis is not exactly playing great basketball. Davis is not rebounding and he is not scoring......and when was the last time Davis stopped someone defensively? As a Raptor?

At least Channing has been scoring the ball.....and scoring regardless if he starts or comes off the bench. Channing is truly paying his dues and still producing.

Defense is repetition. Davis should be coming off the bench to be a defensive stopper if he is so great. No way do you start with a team that is just defensive minded. You have to be able to score the ball and attack.

No way do you think well.......we got to get 40 steals and 30 blocks and 30 charges so we can beat a NBA team 10 to 8. No way do you bench a guy that just scored 6 straight points just because he blew a defensive assignment. You correct the defense during a time out and you continue run the offense and continue to attack.

EnySpree

1/2/2006  2:31 PM
Long term?

Are we talking about basketball or are we talking about a 401K plan?
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/2/2006  2:32 PM
For Crying Out Loud, FREEEEE WOOOOOODS. Give him some PT. Where is he in this rotation? I'm not saying he's the savior, but at least give him a chance to fail before you bury him on the bench. he's the only legit SF on the whole roster 6'8 220. I perfer Lee as a hybrid 3-4-5 off the bench. Give Q-Woods a few games to start, and if he fails then bury him. But give him a shot.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/2/2006  2:32 PM
This reeks of placating the critics. After getting torched in the media the last week or so they're going with the full blown "Playing the kids" P.R. move. Nevermind the fact that the kids aren't even legitimate NBA starters much less playing them out of position.

Forcing them into starters roles will just expose them, especially against other teams starters and not the backups that they've been playing against. But that's the way Isiah's Knicks are run, more concerned with public perception than actually doing the best thing for the franchise.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/2/2006  2:40 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

he is my step daddy.

91-00 - the knicks were based 100% on defense.

that's all i need to know.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/2/2006  2:41 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by EnySpree:

he is my step daddy.

91-00 - the knicks were based 100% on defense.

and apparantly not enough offense, 0 rings.

N Y Post - Robinson and Lee to start as Brown sets a rotation of nine.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy