[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Potential draft picks for Knicks in 06.......
Author Thread
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/1/2006  6:15 PM
A suggestion was made in another thread that someone should post possible prospects for the knicks in this upcomming draft. Well, the picking is slim when you consider the knicks are picking at the bottom of the first round. But here are some names to look out for in the 06 draft, with an inf. on SF, SG and PG

Small Forwards

Adam Morrison
Rudy gay
Shawne Williams
James White
Davon Jefferson
Maurice Ager
Julian Wright
Rodney Carney
Marcus Slaughter

Shooting Guards

Hasaan Adams
Brandon Roy
Brandon Rush
JJ Redick
PJ Tucker
Ronnie Brewer
Gulliermo Diaz
Randy Foye
Mike gansey
Mardy Collins
Shannon Brown

Point guards

Mustafa Shakur
Marcus Williams
Darius Washington
Dee Brown
Rajon Rondo
Justin Gray
Carl Kruaser
Jordan farmar
Daniel Gibson

I'm sure there are few that I left out. feel free to add on. Some of this guys are underclassman, so it isn't written in stone that they all will come out.

A few names that could slip to Knicks are:

BRandon Rush (too early for him to come out, but to muc potential to pass up)
Maurice Ager (might be OKay. Terrific defender/athlete but not a great shooter)
James White (super athlete, questionable character)
Davon Jefferson (talented High schooler, may not be there when knicks pick)
PJ Tucker (reminds me of Ruben Patterson)
Randy Foye (reminds me of Ben Gordon. Not as good a shooter as ben, but is a little bigger and stronger)
Marcus Slaughter (hasn't attempted a three all year)
Hasaan Adams (great athlete, questionable shooter and he's only 6'5 or 6'4)

Couple of guys I would love the knicks to move t the middle of the pack and get:
Darius Washington (reminds me of felton)
Shawne Williams (6'9 225 sF) strong and long
Ronnie Brewer (reminds me of Joe Johnson, not as good yet)

[Edited by - bigbeast on 01-01-2006 6:17 PM]
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
1/1/2006  6:20 PM
It'd be cool if Isiah didnt trade all our draft picks.
#Knickstaps
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/1/2006  8:34 PM
i like brandon roy and hassan adams at 29, but if i was picking i would take hilton armstrong. big guys are hard to come by and at 7 245 with his athletiscm and burgeoning potential, he could be a steal.

of course we have a whole season to mull guys over up and down this is fluid but that where i would be at 29 right now.
RIP Crushalot😞
bigbeast

1/1/2006  9:12 PM
I agree with Armstrong being worth the gamble at that position (29) He runs the court well, blocks shots, is athletic, only problem is the Knicks already have a glut at the Pf' position.
BRIGGS
1/1/2006  9:19 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

I agree with Armstrong being worth the gamble at that position (29) He runs the court well, blocks shots, is athletic, only problem is the Knicks already have a glut at the Pf' position.

Im looking towards the future. I know we need a third guy who can defend rebound play with energy, this kid has just tipped the ice berg. At 7 feet tall this kid is a 5.
RIP Crushalot😞
bigbeast

1/1/2006  9:25 PM
Hey, no arguement from me. I believe he has loads of potential. I follow Uconn and the Big East, (notice my screen name)and he definitely has steal written all over him.

How-ever, if Brandon Roy, Rush, James White or Hasaan Adams are sitting there at 29, I might have to got with one them over Armstrong at this point. Knicks need a wing player in the worst way.
BRIGGS
1/1/2006  9:43 PM
i like like roy and adams i put them in my bracket. there are a couple of other guys but these guys are two way players i lean towards roy over adams.

here it is though. in a league void of big men, i am always of the opinion that if you can steal a big man that late in the draft, it trumps a lot. how much time is antoine wright seeing with the Nets? Its so hard to trade for a big man, we got ours by draft and by heart problems. Look at the nets and many other teams starved for size. I was looking around CBB for another guy with Hilton's frame--i.e his size 7 feet muscularity athletiscm intensity toughness and I couldnt find one. He needs PT he has been a back up to great players he could have used a red shirt and had one more year which would be keen for his develoment his lack of pT makes him look sloppy and choppy and times, but when he gets his timing down and advances his skill sets, he ll be a nic e grab late in the draft .
RIP Crushalot😞
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
1/1/2006  9:51 PM
I like brandon roy too, he has good size for the position and plays good defense and rebounds the ball well - he had a really strong game (35 and 11 I think) against Arizona a few days ago in that double OT game.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
attaboy2005
Member: #992

1/2/2006  12:01 AM
http://www.draftexpress.com/mock.php?y=2006

This is the present Mock Draft for 2006 on Draft Express, it hasn't factored in the team's needs just yet but it's current none the less.
bigbeast

1/2/2006  12:39 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

i like like roy and adams i put them in my bracket. there are a couple of other guys but these guys are two way players i lean towards roy over adams.

here it is though. in a league void of big men, i am always of the opinion that if you can steal a big man that late in the draft, it trumps a lot. how much time is antoine wright seeing with the Nets? Its so hard to trade for a big man, we got ours by draft and by heart problems. Look at the nets and many other teams starved for size. I was looking around CBB for another guy with Hilton's frame--i.e his size 7 feet muscularity athletiscm intensity toughness and I couldnt find one. He needs PT he has been a back up to great players he could have used a red shirt and had one more year which would be keen for his develoment his lack of pT makes him look sloppy and choppy and times, but when he gets his timing down and advances his skill sets, he ll be a nic e grab late in the draft .

Put Wright on Knicks and he's starting. He just got drafted by a team loaded with allstar caliber wing players. Good point about drafting a good big that low.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
1/2/2006  12:50 AM
don't forget steven smith, that kid tore up summer league last year. i'm sure when we pick s.williams and carney will be gone. smith is a solid player in all facets, offense AND defense.
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
1/2/2006  2:06 AM
Hey its a bit early for this thread

We might even pick 28th or 27th.

Dallas and PHX are right there with the SPuRS.

Now if only we can beset them with more injuries...

How's than ankle holdin' up Timmy?!
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
rain
Member: #353
USA
1/2/2006  3:40 AM
Steven Hunter at SF would be real nice fit.
Ira
Member: #91
1/2/2006  5:26 AM
I thougt we still owed Phoenix a first round pick in the Marbury deal. If I remember correctly, it has to be between 2006 and 2010. Since this will be a very late pick in a draft that is moderate to weak, I think we'll use that pick to settle the deal.
BRIGGS
1/2/2006  11:46 AM
Posted by nyballer:

I like brandon roy too, he has good size for the position and plays good defense and rebounds the ball well - he had a really strong game (35 and 11 I think) against Arizona a few days ago in that double OT game.

we could use 2-3 picks again. its the only way to choose talent the way you want for very small compensation which means a lot when you are capped out to the till. its the only way out of cap hll, you must be patient and execute on the picks. there is no doubt about it we need atleast
1 pass first PG with size
1 a full sized 2+3
1 a big athletic post defender that has a build like a dale or antonio davis. Not so much the scoring, but the defense and rebounding.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/2/2006  11:47 AM
Posted by rain:

steven hunter is a c who plays for sixers.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bippity10
Member: #574
1/3/2006  2:19 PM
I love Hilton Armstrong with a late first rounder. This guy came in raw as heck and has worked his way into a very capable player. What he has done to transform his body is also something that should be noted. This guy works his tale off and takes coaching. Will never be a star but I think he will definitely make somebody happy.
I just hope that people will like me
rain
Member: #353
USA
1/3/2006  2:40 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by rain:

steven hunter is a c who plays for sixers.
my bad.. Steven Smith SF, LaSalle .. great length, defense, some post game .. If we could come out this draft with Rajon Rondo and Steven Smith.. that would be a coup.. This draft should be geared
towards defense and IQ. This team needs to get smarter. Rondo is a perfect fit for what we need to do. The PG in this years crop are deep enough we may be able to get a good one.

bigbeast

1/3/2006  3:14 PM
Rondo will be long gone by the time the Knicks pick. He could very possibly be the first PG picked this year. If the Knicks can get that pick from the Raptors (seems unlikely since it hasnt happened already) it would be great if they can come out of this draft with Shawne Willimas Sf Memphis and Brandon Roy 2g or PJ Tucker.
Potential draft picks for Knicks in 06.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy