[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Our new PG???
Author Thread
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
7/18/2002  1:34 PM
I know our team doesnt have much to offer, however, do you think Penny can forfill to role as a pg for the knicks? I didnt really get to see him play last season. I think he would be a nice addition, he is considered garbarge on the suns anyway. The coach sat him down for long periods of time. Anyway, with Frank Williams down, we only have 2 unsatisfactory poing guards with ward and eisly or we can pick up a player with part of our exemption which would probably be quite equivalent to our 2 point guards. Maybe we can offer some expiring contracts, like travis knight or charlie ward with othella and picks + cash for penny?

Also, I dont really think trading sprewell is the greatest idea. He is not only the #1 fan favorite, emotional leader, best slasher , best defender on the team but also desires to play hard and win in every game. I think sprewell's trade value is quite low. Sure, I know he is aging, but hes a proven scorer, great defender, and ultimate veteran. Why should we get younger? I saw Spree play many games last year and it didnt look like his game was changing much to me. He can ATLEAST play 35 quality minutes a game before his contract expires, the rate he is going.
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/18/2002  1:38 PM
I didn't see him play last season either but all I've heard is that he is soft, injury prone and has a bad attitude. Couple that with his wanting to play the 2 instead of the PG position and you don't really add anything to the Knicks. Maybe if has a soon to be expiring contract, but the Suns would probabably want to keep him there if he did.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/18/2002  1:40 PM
Posted by RonRon:

I know our team doesnt have much to offer, however, do you think Penny can forfill to role as a pg for the knicks? I didnt really get to see him play last season. I think he would be a nice addition, he is considered garbarge on the suns anyway. The coach sat him down for long periods of time. Anyway, with Frank Williams down, we only have 2 unsatisfactory poing guards with ward and eisly or we can pick up a player with part of our exemption which would probably be quite equivalent to our 2 point guards. Maybe we can offer some expiring contracts, like travis knight or charlie ward with othella and picks + cash for penny?

Also, I dont really think trading sprewell is the greatest idea. He is not only the #1 fan favorite, emotional leader, best slasher , best defender on the team but also desires to play hard and win in every game. I think sprewell's trade value is quite low. Sure, I know he is aging, but hes a proven scorer, great defender, and ultimate veteran. Why should we get younger? I saw Spree play many games last year and it didnt look like his game was changing much to me. He can ATLEAST play 35 quality minutes a game before his contract expires, the rate he is going.

Regarding Penny: If the Suns will take your deal, I'm for it (though they may not...)

Regarding Spree: Elequently put. Many real NYK fans see that exactly the way we do. Well, at least the ones NOT biased against Spree.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
7/18/2002  7:54 PM
NOT LOOKING GOOD!!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Our new PG???

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy